Crêpe

éclair

 

Kim Minseok was, as many would say, in deep . It wasn't his libertarian nature to be so focused on one person—for so long—but it seemed inevitable. Park Chanyeol was inevitable.

He could assume he was addicted, but he knew it was a little more than that. It had been a while since he had known the guy, and even longer since he had wanted to do what they had done last Friday night... But why did he feel like he had committed a crime against the Korean government?

Of course, Park was a grown man... older than him even. So he couldn't fully blame himself for going after what had been building up for some time, right? I mean, Chanyeol was also responsible for his own actions!

Minseok sighed.

Why did he have to get involved with a straight guy, in front of everyone? He could have hooked up with the cute bartender that night. Or anyone else who showed interest.

But no, he had to give in to temptation!

Just looking at his face, Minseok felt like he could explode. This had never happened before. He felt lost in the face of the new challenge of getting Park Chanyeol out of his system. How could one guy give him so much trouble? It felt like he was back in a teenage movie, with hormones raging. And he had already been through that phase a long time ago!

He was behind his counter as he usually was after tidying things up in the kitchen. There were still a few bottles to restock, and he would have to inform Chef Dyo about it. Rum was expensive, and soju was going too fast. It was almost a small batch per week, and it was only getting worse. All because the restaurant had grown more since Byun arrived.

The brunette smiled.

Yes, Baekhyun would definitely be the future of that restaurant, he knew that very well. Do Kyungsoo didn't do anything without a reason; he was a very intelligent chef, as well as a great manager. So Minseok was absolutely sure that the addition of the little pastry chef had some motivation behind it, beyond what he could deduce.

And it couldn't be any different.

The bartender was still taking out some almost empty bottles from the stock when he felt someone's presence behind the counter. He didn't realize he knew those two big eyes that were watching him until he stood up in front of the lower shelf where the wines were stored, turning his gaze to where the customers appeared. He was standing right there—completely still, like a ghost. Minseok was startled by the recognition, hitting his forehead on the edge of the bar counter.

"Ouch!" he complained as he immediately felt his forehead throbbing.

"Min-Minseok!" the deep voice shouted, startled.

His head hurt. And if it weren't for the pain, he would laugh at the expression on Park Chanyeol's face. It looked like he was witnessing a traffic accident. He thought it would be better to console him:

"I'm fine, Mr. Park. I just need to..." He pointed to the ice freezer as he looked for some kind of cloth to make an improvised compress. That wood was extremely hard!

Chanyeol flew to the spot, passing through the small door in the bar counter like a hurricane. The bartender found it amusing. He hadn't expected this. It was almost funny how everything about him was extremely exaggerated: his ears, his eyes, hands, and even his concern... and almost every aspect of his personality. That's what made him so attractive.

The big guy grabbed the first cloth he found and filled it with ice, twisting it closed. Minseok couldn't help but notice his hands. As big as they were, they also seemed skilled. A characteristic he didn't expect from the clumsy guy in front of him.

"Mr. Park, it's alright, you don't need to—" But he couldn't even finish speaking as the other pulled him towards the high stools at the bar.

Hands lifted him by the waist, causing the bartender's eyes to widen. Was he crazy? Someone could see them right there, in the restaurant. He looked around just to make sure there were no witnesses to such an act. As soon as he looked back up, he froze. Park was looking at him with concentration as he placed the compress on his throbbing forehead.

"Let me know when it gets too cold, I don't want to freeze your brain," he whispered as if speaking to a child.

Kim chuckled softly. It must be some kind of karma from past lives. Maybe Luhan even had some philosophy book about it because it couldn't be reality that Park Chanyeol was taking care of him. Again. After everything.

"You always end up taking care of my careless . At this rate, my debt to you will be huge, Yoda." He used the nickname he knew the other hated, but surprisingly, it didn't affect him. He just smiled, subtly, while still paying attention to the bump on his forehead.

In the way they were positioned, the brunette could notice some of his features and how there were still some marks of himself on the guy's body. Or rather, on his neck. Minseok smiled brazenly. He didn't remember much, but he knew that had been done by him.

He raised his fingers to the guy's neck, who was startled by the touch but didn't move. He was focused on Min

seok. He seemed paralyzed by fear. Or something else that the bartender couldn't identify. Or maybe he just didn't want to, out of fear of what might happen.

"I'm sorry for that," he said, but he didn't even believe his words. He doubted the other would believe them either.

Park simply nodded, removing the compress from his temple. He left it aside on the counter, still smiling a little. With a careful movement, he reached into the back pocket of his pants and pulled out a black cap. His black cap. The one that had been on the floor of his Porsche last Friday.

Oh, so he had come after him for a reason.

"I-I think... this is yours." Park handed him the object, which was taken slowly by the smaller man. 

Minseok looked directly at him, gauging his reaction. Which was in a state of extreme blush. Oh, if his thoughts were spoken out loud... he would be afraid of going to jail. He looked so beautiful like this.

"Thank you. And thank you for Friday." He was thanking him for taking care of him, but it only made the poor guy even more embarrassed.

He put one of his big hands in front of his face, as he always did when he reached his limit of shyness. How could he know that? He hardly spoke with the sommelier, and yet, he had already memorized some of his quirks?

Maybe someone was starting to get into trouble.

"I-it's o-okay, y-you don't need t-to thank me, I t-thank you," the bartender smiled broadly.

"Thank me? For what, exactly? The ear nibbles? I'd do it again, you know. Just ask me." He was trying to provoke him, and it had an effect.

Park reached a shade of red that Minseok doubted had anything to do with shyness now. His open mouth in air into his lungs like a diving tank. Ah, he knew that look all too well. He stepped back, taking some chairs with him. He seemed aimless in the face of the provocation, which made Minseok's laughter grow louder.

"You look like a scared puppy, Yoda. I won't bite you." The big guy just nodded. "Unless you want me to..."

Chanyeol coughed, reaching a new shade of red for a different reason now. Poor thing. How many shades of red would the guy discover today? It almost seemed like the name of that naughty book.

"I-I'm... I'm going. You... take care of your forehead." He made an exaggerated bow and left through the front door of the restaurant, bumping into a customer, apologizing.

Minseok smiled greatly towards the spot where the giant had just left. He couldn't contain his joy when interacting and teasing him like this. It was one of his favorite activities. But as he headed back behind the bar counter, he sighed.

It wouldn't be easy to suppress his desires around him. The big guy was truly handsome, and he awakened a side in him that he didn't know existed: a desperate side. He had always been the calm type, patient with things. But with Chanyeol, everything seemed to have to be urgent, or he swore he could die. It had always been like that. Since the first time he saw him.

He had no idea what it meant, but that's what it was.

While sitting on the stool behind the bar, waiting for new customers to arrive, Minseok picked up the cap in his hands. It was still the same old cap: black with the white stitched logo. Simple and worn, from carrying it around for a significant amount of time.

So why didn't it feel like the same object as before?

It was as if he were in some really bad remake of a Disney movie, and he was the poor, smoking Cinderella. The ball had been more than great, and his pumpkin hadn't turned back into a carriage after midnight. However, the prince seemed too focused on maintaining his virtue, and he was starting to get bored.

And there were still all these incidents where he had to be protected.

He let out a disbelieving laugh.

Great.

He felt pathetic now.

How could a damsel in distress trust her life to an exaggerated and completely clumsy prince?

Yes, he was really in deep .




 

Park Chanyeol was panting, trying hard not to think about certain things as he made his way to his Porsche. His pinstriped pants were tight, and it would be more than tragic if any factor caused the lines to warp their bundle... if you can understand what I mean.

He thought about doing some kind of breathing exercise. Maybe if he counted sheep or something, his mind would have a distraction and wouldn't think about Kim Minseok leaning against the dark wood of the bar stool, and... oh, this wasn't working at all!

What was that? Was he some kind of demigod? Probably the child of Aphrodite! Do those things really exist? God... what was he thinking? Madness is getting to him, and it's all that y shorty's fault!

He had dreamed about him before. Over and over again, waking up and going straight to the cold shower. He was back in adolescence and felt the same fear he felt for Sunmi when he tried to ask her to the winter dance. No. Definitely, this was worse. Because, first, Sunmi wasn't a guy. Minseok was. And that confused him to hell!

Why did he have to like a guy, after all? It made no sense. Had he ever been attracted to a guy before? Maybe Ben Affleck? Well, but he's Batman! Everyone loves Batman! It couldn't count...

Chanyeol loosened his tie, taking a deep breath.

He had to change this. If not today, by the end of the week. He couldn't keep hitting on an employee or wanting to jump on him every time he saw him. That wouldn't be good.

He got into the car, immediately resting his head on the steering wheel in frustration. If he were to have some kind of breakdown, it might as well be sitting.

He could barely regain consciousness when he got startled again:

"PARK CHANYEOL!"

"Ouch, Mom!" He shouted, causing his best friend to furrow his brow outside the car window. What the hell, when did he get there?

"You idiot! Open the passenger door!" Do exclaimed for him to hear.

He seemed annoyed with himself, and Park didn't even know why. It's not like he had done anything wrong.

Right?

The tall guy leaned under the empty passenger seat, which was soon occupied by a small, bald, and angry man. Oh, no. He was probably very angry about something he had done. It was always like this.

"Are you crazy? Why did you leave like that? I thought you were still going to discuss the drinks with me?" His friend was in business mode, but also seemed very concerned.

It was not like Chanyeol to be disorganized or unprofessional, he always took his work seriously. So he could tell that something was wrong.

It's amazing how they knew each other as well as an old couple.

Park remained silent, not knowing exactly what to say. His head was spinning with questions he wanted to ask his friend, but he didn't have the courage. Or even knew where to start.

"Kyungja..." he started.

"Yes?" The other waited, this time a little calmer and cautious.

The tall man stopped for a while, looking from the bald man to the steering wheel, and from the steering wheel back to the bald man again. Everything was still in complete silence, as if neither of them dared to break it for fear of a curse.

That's how he felt.

"Chan... you know you can tell me what you feel. I know I'm a little... awkward... but... I can try to help you." Do never had a way with words when talking to his best friend.

It was always Chanyeol who initiated the conversations between them, always pulling the youngest member for a venting session. It had always been like that, so why now? Why couldn't he talk to his best friend? Argh! How frustrating!

Park cleared his throat, turning to Kyungsoo, who still remained patient. He opened his mouth two or three times before deciding that maybe it would be better to just say it. Like ripping off a band-aid:

"Kyungja... have you... have you ever..." Yeah, maybe he was never good at ripping off band-aids.

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, curious.

"Have I ever what?"

"Have you ever questioned your uality before, Soo?" And that's how it went.

Out of nowhere.

As if he were talking about the weather in Jeju Island.

Kyungsoo looked at him, taking a few seconds to understand what the hell he was talking about.

"What the hell are you talking about?" The taller man swallowed, looking a bit nervous.

"I-I just wanted to know... have you ever... Have you ever been in love, Kyungja?" The bald man laughed, finding the situation amusing.

"Don't laugh at me!" Park crossed his arms, pouting.

When Kyungsoo looked at him, he realized that Chanyeol was red. He just didn't know if it was anger or embarrassment, but either way, he knew the moment was serious.

The chef tried to rephrase it.

"Sorry, Chan. I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at the absurdity of what you're saying. No, I'm not the type to fall in love or anything like that." To be honest, he didn't even know what that was exactly.

What is love, anyway?

What do you see in movies? A guy chasing after his girlfriend on the last flight that supposedly will change his whole life? He didn't know what to say. Maybe Chanyeol was looking for a simple answer, but he couldn't give him one.

"B-but you've been with someone, right? With Mina?" Kyungsoo reflected.

Yes, he had dated Mina Myoui, but he never felt comfortable in the relationship. I mean, they didn't even do anything more...

Kyungsoo wasn't very good at pleasing a woman if it wasn't his mother. His experiences had been failures, and he didn't even know what to do when he was in the presence of one. He wasn't like his hyung.

But then why was Chanyeol, the ultimate Casanova, asking him about it?

"That was different... our parents wanted to merge the businesses between countries. She... however..." The shorter man cleared his throat. "Tried... uh, to win me over..."

"And...?" Park waited with wide-eyed curiosity. The chef furrowed his brow.

"And...?" What, Chanyeol? Why are you asking me this?" Kyungsoo looked at his friend, who was still a little awkward, avoiding eye contact.

Do realized that since he first saw him that day, Park Chanyeol seemed off. Or at least different. He had worn sunglasses when they were inside the restaurant, which only now the chef understood the reason: to cover up his dark under-eye circles. Deep and dark circles.

Do furrowed his brow.

"Chan... talk to me. What's bothering you?"

"I... I went out on Friday, and I ended up doing something that maybe I shouldn't have done." Do pursed his lips.

"Did you get in trouble for debauchery?" The taller man opened his mouth in shock.

"W-what? Of course not."

"Then what?"

"I think... maybe I shouldn't tell you." Kyungsoo disapproved.

"Spill it out. You're not doing well, and it worries me like this. You complained for 3 hours in this car about 'how I didn't know how to take care of myself' on the way to my parents' house. And now, you're forcing me to give you the same lecture. Don't think that just because you're older, you have the right to neglect your health like this without someone interfering." Park smiled widely, affected.

"Oh, this kid." The short one gave a small proud smile at the achievement.

Chanyeol sighed, leaning back against the seat.

"I'm attracted to your bartender. Deeply. I can hardly control myself when I see him, I feel like I'm going crazy at any moment." He said each sentence with a heavy heart, as if admitting it out loud was painful. He was afraid that the truth of his words would corrode him.

The chef didn't say anything for a while, which made the taller man's nervousness increase with each passing hour. They fell into deep silence again, until Do snapped them out of it with a slap on the car's gearshift, startling the taller man.

"Ah! What was that?"

"I have a perfect idea! Maybe you should take him out to a nice restaurant and drive him to your place!" Park widened his eyes.

"W-what?"

"Maybe he likes your apartment? I don't know. Try to create a nice atmosphere, the penthouse helps with the lighting." He was still dumbfounded by what was coming out of his best friend's mouth.

"Did you even hear what I said?" he asked, incredulous. "I'm attracted to your employee. Or rather, my employee! Our employee! The bartender!"

"Yes? Well... I can't say that Kim Minseok himself has much ethics... since he seemed to... uh, mess with Baekhyun during work." His bitter tone did not go unnoticed by the tall man.

Ah, now he understood everything.

Park Chanyeol burst into the most enjoyable laughter he had had in a long time. He almost forgot about all the problems surrounding him, so great was his amusement at the sight of a jealous and possessive Do Kyungsoo. He could record this to show at his future wedding with Byun Baekhyun, he was sure everyone would have fun at his expense.

"Ah, Kyungja... I can't believe you're acting like this." The other looked at him, bewildered.

"Acting like what? You two deserve each other, you know. Going out at night, hunting and hitting on anyone who breathes the same air as you." Park smiled.

"You never cared about that. In fact, you used to say that you would love to be more uninhibited like me. Why does all this feel like torment to you now?" The other turned his head, blushing. He knew that any slip-up could lead to teasing from his best friend.

"I just think there are boundaries for things. You can't be dating at work."

"However, you and Baekhyun had a date in the middle of work. Coming back 3 hours later." The bald man returned his gaze to him.

"We weren't on a date! He helped me buy things for the bakery! It went over the closing time because no one had good ingredients."

"You paid for his meal."

"That's irrelevant!"

"You've never paid for a single candy for me!" He pointed to himself, as if to emphasize.

"I cooked for you for 3 years!"

They looked at each other as if they could pounce on each other. It only lasted a few seconds before they started laughing like two idiotic teenagers again. It was as if they had gone back in time: on the floor of Kyungsoo's room amidst several vintage video game tapes—Chanyeol was arguing because he couldn't accept his defeat in the racing game; Kyungsoo, because his friend was too dumb and crashed the car at every turn, causing him to lose.

"We look childish now, don't we?"

"You are childish, Park Chanyeol."

"Hey!" The tall man defended himself, pouting.

Kyungsoo smiled, with his arms crossed over his chest. He looked ahead as he tried to make his speech coherent:

"You know you don't need my approval for this, right? You're both adults. What you do or don't do outside the restaurant is nobody's business but your own." Chanyeol looked at him seriously.

"That's not the problem, Kyungja..." he whispered in confession.

"Then what is it?"

"The problem is that I've never felt this before. I don't know what's happening to me." The bald man fell silent for a while.

It must have been difficult for him to be in this advisor role. Chanyeol imagined him in various scenarios in their relationship, but never as the one giving him guidance. That was his role. He was supposed to be the hyung who gave advice. But he thought that maybe Kyungsoo had grown up without him even noticing. And that, in a way, made his soft heart ache. He would always see him as a younger brother.

"Maybe you should just accept the change and see it as a challenge."

"Is that what you would do? If you were in my place?"

"That's what I'm doing." He didn't say anything else after that. He adjusted himself and opened the car door. "You still have to send me the spreadsheet with the numbers for the bar's inventory, I'll be waiting for an email." Park nodded, while the younger one got out of the vehicle.

Kyungsoo closed the car door, but paused for a second in front of it before leaving.

"Don't worry too much about it, Chan." The taller man looked confused. "You know, about being... different. I know it must not be easy for you, but your heart is what truly matters. Keep that in mind when you have to face whatever you have to face. And most importantly, know that I'll be by your side. Just like you've always been by mine." Park Chanyeol started crying like a baby as he got out of the car and headed towards the shorter man.

"I-I love you, Kyungja..." he said between sobs, and the hug he gave the bald man made him disappear beneath his biceps, which squeezed him with excessive force.

The chef managed to free himself with great effort, taking a deep breath. He furrowed his brow and slapped him.

"You idiot! Do you want to kill me?"

"Never!" The shorter one smiled slightly, crossing his arms.

"Go. I still have a lot to deal with in this restaurant. And bring me those numbers!" Chanyeol agreed, still shedding tears down his face.

He got back in the car and drove away, leaving the chef behind in the parking lot.

Do didn't really know what or how to help his best friend, but he promised that he would make an effort to do so. Chanyeol's pain was, in a way, part of his own pain too. He considered him like a twin brother, if possible—since they had lived glued to each other. In the face of all the moments when Park Chanyeol held his hands or took care of his injuries, this was one where he thought he would need that support in return. He couldn't promise that he would be able to protect him from what the world might judge him for. He knew that Chanyeol himself might be afraid of facing his rich and powerful family... but he also knew that he would support him and fight by his side no matter what came their way.

That was his role.



     

Baekhyun was setting up the perfect table for the meeting with his boss's cousin.

He had finally managed to gather some cake samples and ideas he had about the wedding style. He tried to find something that would possibly fit the bride's budget, so as not to embarrass himself with cheap samples. But he realized he had no idea what could be considered expensive or not. There were more layers within wealth itself than he could count.

So he decided to follow his heart.

And there he was.

With various books, folders, and sheets of sweets and pastries from weddings all over the world. It was good to have some variety, right? He had considered everything from traditional Korean to contemporary, even a mix of the two. He hoped Yuri would be happy because he had put in a lot of effort!

In reality, he knew he had done it all in vain. But his boss was such a functional idiot who didn't listen to him for a second! That stubborn bald man!

Byun huffed.

He wouldn't stress about it today. There was still plenty of stress ahead. He was sitting at one of the best tables at Dyo's when the little devil walked through the front door, purposefully making his way towards him. He didn't seem to be in a very good mood, but then again, he never seemed well. It was practically his natural state: furrowed brow, straight mouth, and crossed arms. Incredibly annoying. Incredibly attractive.

Damn it.

When would he show up wearing some colorful and hideous shirt? For someone who didn't care much about anything, Do Kyungsoo dressed very well. And very y for his taste.

Do sat down next to him, and the redhead could immediately sense the scent of the cologne he was wearing. In fact, it was the first time he had noticed how distinctive it was: a woody, extremely masculine scent. But he also thought it couldn't be any different.

He didn't say a word as he inspected the paperwork Baekhyun had gathered in the short amount of time he had. He showed no reaction, except for the slight twist of his lips in concentration. Ah, it was so frustrating! Why did he have to be like this? Byun wanted to scream.

"Say something!" he blurted out. He immediately fell silent, although the chef looked at him with an eyebrow raised in reprimand.

"I'm still organizing my thoughts, Mr. Byun. Patience is a virtue." The faint smile he gave him didn't go unnoticed by the pastry chef.

Oh, great.

Was he enjoying himself at his expense now? What did this maniac want from him?

Baekhyun stayed quiet as the chef continued to go through his notes. Sheets and sheets were read without any expression until one seemed to catch his eye. The redhead had always been a curious person, so he tried to sneak a peek at what he was reading. He leaned his head back a little, stretching his neck as a very failed disguise, because his scream of despair was immediate: the bald man was reading the list he had made for the restaurant!

"That sh-shouldn't be here." He tried to snatch it from the chef's hand, but he pulled it away like a high school bully, keeping it out of his reach.

"What's this?" He seemed curious, but not angry.

Which was already a victory.

Byun stayed quiet, not knowing how to properly respond. I mean, what could he say? "Oh, you know, boss... I felt like the menu was crap, nothing matched the desserts, so I went ahead and changed everything." Well, that certainly wouldn't fly!

"I'll ask one more time, Mr. Byun: what is this?"

"A... list," he nervously replied.

"That much I can see. But I want to know why you made it." Despite the firm tone, Kyungsoo still didn't seem angry.

That gave him the courage to open up.

"W-well, you... um, you mentioned the desserts. So I... I made that, but... it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Actually, haha, it was a joke." Do pursed his lips.

"I'm not mad at you, Baekkie, if that's what's making you act like this." Ah, the nickname again. Had they switched to friend mode? "In fact, I think it was well thought out. Why didn't you show it to me earlier?" he asked.

He was genuinely questioning him, as if he had missed something important.

"I-I..."

"You know we're a team, right? I don't want any of you to feel like strangers here. Everyone can give their input on what we serve, since we all cook here." The redhead was shocked, but he tried not to show it.

The first thing he had heard from the chef when he arrived at the restaurant was about how he was the one in charge. Him and only his selfish self. And now he was reprimanding him for not knowing how to share his thoughts as a group?

Baekhyun was very confused at that moment.

"O-okay." The redhead nodded.

"So... care to explain?" he asked, interested.

"I-it's basically combinations. And... um, I thought we could do it on a weekly basis. That way, the menu would be more varied. There isn't much variation in the restaurant. I mean, we serve everything, yes, but... we serve everything every week. I see that as a problem." Do was fully focused on him.

Everything that came out of his mouth was taken as a psychoanalysis. He could almost see himself lying on the couch while the other jotted down everything he said. When he finished, the other took a moment before speaking again.

"I think we could try to adapt, yes. But I still want to maintain the variety. Maybe you could do a little bit of both? Send it to me in a message." Baekhyun agreed, only for the chef to shake his head. "Actually... I need to discuss this with you. Do you have time on the weekend?"

"Huh?" He was shocked. Did he want to meet with him on weekends? He already had classes to teach!

The bald man shifted in his seat, running one hand from his head to his neck.

"Yeah, I mean... if you have time... actually, I also need to know how things will be with the wedding since I'll handle the buffet and you'll handle the pastries. We'll have to coordinate the two. And then I think we can discuss this." He didn't blink or say anything until he felt a presence between them.

"Hello, you two. Almost didn't see you here, hiding." Yuri hid a smile on his face, which went from Kyungsoo to Baekhyun, as if he knew a secret.

Oh, but what was happening?

Kyungsoo pulled out a chair for her to sit, while Baekhyun also stood up out of politeness, bowing to the woman, who simply dismissed him with a wave of her hand.

"We don't need so much formality," Do smiled. And it was one of the first times the redhead saw the heart on his lips. Oh, and how it transformed his expression. He looked really youthful when he smiled.

"How have you been, Noona?" Mrs. Do smiled brightly.

"Great, my young man. Just anxious about everything. You're coming to the farewell party, right? I mean, both of you! It's this weekend." Do looked at Baekhyun with no expression.

"Farewell party?" Do seemed confused. "I thought it was just for the bride and bridesmaids."

"Oh, we decided to have only one party. You know, it's a second wedding, right?" The woman laughed as if it were a familiar inside joke. But Kyungsoo just seemed very confused.

Which the boy took as a cue.

"I... I have a somewhat important commitment, Mrs. Do. I apologize."

"You can call me Yuri, dear. And I insist that you be there! You're already doing so much for me, I want to thank you in some way. A party won't hurt you!"

"We'll be there, Noona. Don't worry," Kyungsoo assured.

The pastry chef was shocked, with wide eyes.

"Oh, that's wonderful! I'm so glad!" The woman extended her well-manicured nails to the material Baekhyun had organized. "What do we have here?" The redhead cleared his throat, still with wide eyes on the chef, who remained expressionless.

What a frustrating man to read!

"I... I had some ideas, so I decided to organize some of them. Of course, none of them are final. It's just what I could think of for now." The woman nodded, devouring all the images with quick fingers. "A-actually, Mrs., if you allow me..." Yuri raised her gaze to the young man, curious. "I know you probably already have everything organized. I mean, the wedding colors and all the lighting... so... I thought we could start from there."

She smiled, agreeing.

"You're very helpful...?"

"Byun Baekhyun," Kyungsoo answered for him, with a firm voice.

"Byun Baekhyun," Yuri agreed. "Alright. I agree with you. I really liked what you organized here, you're very talented."

"Wait until you taste one of his desserts, and you won't have any doubts." Was the little devil praising him? If they weren't with a client, Baekhyun would probably be gaping.

"I have no doubts, Kyungsoo, dear." The woman checked her watch, tapping on the glass with her long nail. "Forgive me for not having much time. But I'd like you to give me your contact, Byun Baekhyun. That way, I can send you the wedding color chart, including the choices we made. As for the rest, I fully trust your judgment. Your samples have already convinced me of that." She winked at him.

"T-that's alright," he managed to say.

"I'll see you both on Saturday at the party. I hope you can both come. And, Kyungsoo, dear... please come more often. That house is already empty enough." Do tensed up at that moment, just nodding in agreement.

"Goodbye, Noona," he made a small bow. The woman laughed.

"Oh, always so formal." She turned her gaze back to Baekhyun again, with a small smile. "However, we always make exceptions." And then she left.

Just like that.

Kyungsoo still seemed confused, but he turned to Baekhyun with seriousness.

"If you feel uncomfortable, you don't have to come with me to the farewell dinner."

"HOW CAN YOU CONFIRM LIKE THAT?" Baekhyun didn't intend to explode, but he was very nervous. "Honestly, Do Kyungsoo, it's the second time you've confirmed something without asking me!" The other recoiled in fear.

"I-I thought it would be impolite if we didn't go."

"That's not the point! You keep confirming things without consulting me! It has to stop!" Kyungsoo now had wide eyes from his explosive anger. It was probably the first time he dealt with someone so angry in that way.

"Can you calm down? God! Calm down, Baekkie."

"Don't come at me with 'Baekkie'! What am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to act? I have no idea! And it's all your fault! Idiot!" The redhead stormed out of the restaurant, stomping through the kitchen, and stopping in the back room of the laundry.

He was very nervous, to the point of exploding an entire planet. He tore off his apron, as if it were burning his skin, and sat on the bench next to the cabinets. He felt like an idiot. He shouldn't have shouted like that, right? Of course. But he was much more nervous about having to impress Do's family as the perfect employee. All the pressure he wanted to avoid was coming all at once.

How did that stubborn-headed boss think it would be a good idea?

"Forgive me, Baekkie. It wasn't my intention to subject you to something you didn't want. I did it out of politeness." The voice sounded too close, making the redhead startle.

He hadn't noticed that he was there, kneeling by his side. Had he followed him? The redhead bit his lip. Now he felt ridiculous. More than ridiculous, if possible. But he still had no intention of apologizing, he was right!

"You shouldn't have," he said, making the other nod. "You can't schedule things in my life without consulting me. Don't do it again!"

"Alright. I'm sorry!" The pastry chef crossed his arms, feeling uneasy. "I... I think it would be good, though. You going. I mean... if you want." His voice was a bit low, as if he didn't want anything.

"And why is that?" Baekhyun asked genuinely.

He didn't understand where he was going with this, there was no reason for him to have to go.

Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know, I mean... you could go."

"That doesn't make any sense! There's no reason for me to go, I'm not part of the family."

"Well, you're my friend. I would like your company." Those big eyes turned back to him, full of sincerity.

Looking closely, he could see that the color was a mix of darkness and hazelnut, almost like a tinted chocolate cream. And he was looking at him with an intensity that Baekhyun couldn't ignore. He just let the matter drop there.

The redhead nodded, not really knowing what to say. If he said he understood, he would be lying. Or that he agreed. The truth was, he was just accepting it because Kyungsoo seemed really desperate for it.

"Thank you, Baekkie. And don't worry about anything, I'll handle everything until Saturday." What did he mean by that? "But now, I need you to come back to the kitchen with me. We still have the rest of the day, and we haven't had lunch. I'll make something for us." It was hard to contain the smile with his sincere concern.

"That's fine. Let's go. You're right." The chef reached out his hand. And it was the first time he had taken it willingly and spontaneously.

It was warm and slightly larger. But what Baekhyun felt was a bit more than that.

In a way, there was a sense of security in his stomach. And that bothered him more than his stubborn bald-headed boss's actions.