Sorbet

éclair

 

Baekhyun's table was so full of flour and chocolate that it looked more ready to go in the oven than the actual brownie batter they had prepared.

The black shirt he had lent to Minseok was now gray. The result of the war they had waged, which, in the redhead's opinion, had been very unfair. "But wars aren't meant to be fair, they're meant to be won," the bartender had reminded him.

Yeah, he was quite cheeky.

But also a lot of fun.

Baekhyun was now trying to clean up some of what could still be called the floor. If Oh Sehun wasn't so focused on his programming project, the two of them would probably have been kicked out of the place by now, considering the mess they had made.

Minseok was putting the baking pan in the oven when Byun thought it would be the perfect moment to snoop on his hyung.

Sehun had a furrowed brow - as always - and his fingers didn't stop moving between the keys of the computer. Yeah, he seemed really immersed in the world of programming. Especially since he had a bottle of his favorite fuel by his side: the fabulous black and strong coffee.

"He looks angry." Baekhyun jumped. He hadn't noticed the bartender behind him.

"God, you want to kill me?" Minseok laughed.

"Sorry, Carrot. I didn't mean to scare you." The redhead narrowed his eyes at him. He didn't know if he was telling the truth or not, but that didn't matter now.

"Anyway, we have to clean all this up before Sehun comes here. He doesn't like mess, he's always scolding me for it."

"He seems intimidating." Byun looked at the bartender, amused.

"I thought you weren't afraid of anyone."

"Well, I'm not afraid of most people who aren't 6 feet tall with an angry face. I value my life." This time it was Baekhyun who was laughing.

"Sehun wouldn't hurt a fly. He's not angry, he just has a vision problem."

"And he has a very cute roommate too." The brunette winked at him, making Baekhyun roll his eyes.

"Well, this cute one needs help cleaning all this up. Now." He didn't want to sound authoritative, but that's what ended up happening.

"Yes, Chef." The brunette saluted him playfully, playing along with his supposed authority in the kitchen.

Baekhyun took the art of cooking very seriously, of course. But leadership had never been his strong suit. It was the main reason why he had never been able to become a chef, and he suspected it would hinder him for the rest of his life.

He hoped that the experience at Dyo's would do him good, learning from Kyungsoo whatever he could to be able to carry an entire restaurant on his shoulders. He suspected that if he continued observing him, there would be a fundamental improvement.

At least he hoped so.

It took them 25 minutes to get everything in perfect order. The bartender's cleaning ability was incredible, he seemed like a professional.

"Where did you learn to clean like this? It usually takes me a few hours to clean the apartment." Minseok, who was crouched down cleaning the last drop of chocolate from the floor, looked up at him from below.

He blinked one eye due to the sweat that had fallen on it, and with the smile he gave, it seemed almost intentional. Well, maybe it was.

"Luhan, my roommate, is very demanding."

"Ah... so you can understand me."

"You hit the nail on the head, Chef." He was still teasing him for the way he had talked to the bartender.

Baekhyun shook his head, indignant.

"Right."

Minseok slowly stood up. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and... took off his shirt? Again? What was his deal?

"Would you mind if I took a shower? I still need to leave before 2 p.m." The pastry chef was shocked.

"Are you always this shameless?" The brunette looked at him, laughing.

"Only with people I really like, Carrot. I'm asking you, at least. I could just take over your bathroom." He winked mischievously.

"This is the second time you've taken off your shirt in my house."

"It's just a body, Baek." Baekhyun thought that would be the end of it, but then the smile turned suggestive. "Unless... you're affected by it."

Silence was the only response. He didn't know what to say because there was nothing to say. The tension had already reached an unbearable level. The other extended the smile with the realization.

It was quite obvious.

"Carrot, Carrot..." Minseok approached, while Baekhyun's breath became nonexistent. He didn't know how the bartender knew when to strike, maybe it was his natural predator instinct. Because he definitely was a natural predator. "What do you want from me?" he asked softly.

The eyeliner around his eyes was smudged downward. It made Byun wonder what he looked like without that mask on his face. Makeup was like an extension of his very being. In a way, it reminded him of the tattoo again: black as the darkness of the universe.

"You know... I'll never do anything unless you ask me to. I'm not that kind of person. Do you understand that, right?" He was serious now.

Which only made the situation worse. Baekhyun would never make a deliberate move on him. Not that he wanted to. Of course, he didn't want to. Of course not.

"I-understand." That's all he could say.

The bartender was now laughing at him.

"Come on, Carrot. I'm going home. Let me know if the brownies turned out good, and take some to the restaurant. I think the lesson has come to an end." The brunette walked to the living room of the apartment, causing surprise in his roommate.

But the one who should really be surprised was Baekhyun himself. Until when did he think he could keep denying his attraction to his colleague?

He hoped it would be for a long time.



 

Kyungsoo didn't know what to do.

He didn't want to provide any kind of service to his "family." He thought the whole wedding story would be better off without his involvement. Like a background character.

But Park Chanyeol had to show up, right?

Of course he did.

The bald man sighed.

His friend was truly a surprising person. No matter what kind of topic he got involved in, he skillfully convinced everyone that it was the best idea. Kyungsoo had suffered a lot from his friend's persuasive side during adolescence, really a lot.

Not that he wasn't suffering now, quite the opposite.

But it was hard to resist his charms and big eyes. It felt like he was out his soul right there, with that lost puppy look. Or rather, a big dog, considering he was almost 2 meters tall.

Now, the bald man found himself reflecting on all this, in the same restaurant he had come to with Baekhyun last time they had lunch together. He rested at the outdoor tables, waiting for the staff member to arrive so they could discuss his role in this madness. They would probably have to meet more times, and some of those times, within his own family circle. Something Kyungsoo didn't want to happen.

Park Chanyeol would definitely pay dearly for this.

Kyungsoo was just checking the menu when a motorcycle parked in front of the restaurant, with two guys on it. It was beautiful. Black and powerful, the kind of bike his best friend would drool over for hours. Chanyeol was a guy who cared about that kind of thing.

However, when both of them took off their helmets, that's when the chef realized: it wasn't just two guys, but his two employees: Baekhyun and Kim Minseok.

Kyungsoo furrowed his brow.

What were they doing here?

Byun spotted him right away, greeting him with a wave of his hand. The bald man responded with a nod, as he was too curious for any bodily response.

The two of them were now coming towards him, and all Kyungsoo wanted to know was what the hell was going on.

"Good morning, boss." Kim Minseok said, flashing a familiar smile.

"Good morning. You're late, Mr. Byun." In reality, it was one or two minutes past 12 p.m., but it still counted as late. At least for the chef.

"Sorry, boss, it won't happen again." His tone of voice was apologetic.

But the other guy was just smiling at Kyungsoo, as if he knew some secret.

The bald man didn't understand what was going on. Minseok seemed genuinely happy with what he was seeing, as if he understood everything.

He ran his hand over his black shirt and looked back at Baekhyun, who was looking down at his feet. Probably embarrassed or shy for disappointing his boss.

Kyungsoo pursed his lips. Maybe he shouldn't have made a big deal out of it.

"I left my shirt in your room, but you can give it to me later, okay? See you, Carrot." Kim approached Byun, holding his chin up and giving him a smacking kiss on the lips. He turned around and headed towards his motorcycle, leaving without any further explanation.

Baekhyun was so shocked that he was speechless. He had no reaction, not even when Kim Minseok walked past them, winking at both of them in front of the restaurant.

The redhead sat in the chair in front of him, still looking at the bartender's retreating back that was getting smaller as he walked away on the street.

The chef rested his elbows on the table, leaning closer to the employee. He looked handsome. With his hair slightly messy, as if he had rushed to avoid being late. Not that Kyungsoo understood why he had noticed that. Maybe it was the red hair shining against the sun. Yeah, that must be it.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat before speaking.

 

 

"Can I ask you something?" Byun startled, turning his gaze to his boss. Kyungsoo's voice was low but firm. And that only made the pastry chef imagine a thousand scenarios in his mind in which he would be fired from the restaurant.

"Of course. Whatever you want." It was difficult not to tremble in his voice, but he managed to hold it together.

Kyungsoo raised his head, staring at him with an intense gaze.

"What's going on between you and Kim Minseok?"

Wow. What?

Baekhyun was taken aback and couldn't even hide it.

His boss supposedly had nothing to do with his personal life, but he suspected that now they should be in 'Friend Mode,' so it wouldn't be prohibited to talk about these things.

But still, it made him uncomfortable.

What was really going on between the two of them? Baekhyun didn't even know.

That kiss had been some kind of test that the pastry chef hadn't understood. By now, the redhead knew him well enough to know that he was a keen observer. But besides that, he couldn't say much.

Sure, Kim Minseok was a handsome guy. More than handsome, he was y. Irresistible to anyone in their right mind. And his flirty behavior was fun; Baekhyun would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy his playful banter.

But that's all it was.

He knew the bartender acted that way with everyone; he wasn't special.

The redhead thought that Minseok acted like that to quickly build familiarity with people. Because, in a way, he himself felt very familiar with the brunette. As if they had been friends for ages.

That kind of intimacy allowed uncharted territories to be opened too soon. Walls to be brought down more easily. But it was exactly that kind of thing that the redhead was trying to avoid.

He realized that he had been silent for quite some time, not responding to his boss, who was calmly staring at him.

And damn, he looked beautiful!

Sometimes, Byun prayed that Kyungsoo would appear in a chef's uniform on all occasions. Only then would he be reminded of how much of a pain in the the shorty could be, and not let himself be swayed by his handsome face.

"Uh, there's nothing, boss. Minseok... just crosses the line sometimes."

"Are you saying he didn't come to your place?"

Oh. Right, what could he respond to that? Could he even respond at all? And why did he want to know that too? Damn it! Byun could already feel his cheeks turning red with embarrassment. And the redhead wasn't even an easily embarrassed person.

What a situation his student had gotten him into!

"Well... he... uh, came to a party... at my place on Friday night... that's it..." Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow.

"Okay..." He picked up the menu, covering his entire face on the other side of the table.

Baekhyun sighed.

That was close. If the chef suspected that they were working together outside of work hours, they could be fired. Or something similar.

"Anyway, it's none of my business. I just want to remind you that I won't tolerate any of that in the restaurant. From the door onwards, your personal life doesn't concern me."

Cold as ice.

But that's what was supposed to happen, right? A professional relationship?

"Meaning... apart from your physical and mental health." He tried to sound composed as before, but his voice had softened.

Oh, hell! Baekhyun didn't understand anything anymore.

"Yes, boss." He decided to agree because it was all he had left.

The menu flew onto the table with a thud, making the pastry chef look at it in alarm.

"I'm glad you got the message." The redhead looked expressionless as he averted his gaze, searching for the waiter.

They ordered an Italian dish that Baekhyun hadn't heard of before. It looked like a small pouch with cheese filling inside. It tasted excellent.

Baekhyun smiled as he ate.

"I've never tried this before." Kyungsoo widened his eyes.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, boss." The bald man pursed his lips in disapproval.

"I can't believe I hired you." His tone of voice was indiscernible, which made the redhead look up from his plate to the chef.

But he seemed amused, smiling to himself. It was the second time that day that Baekhyun thought he had signed his own death warrant. And it was still only 12:24 in the afternoon.

"It's called fagottini. It's great to pair with bold sauces." The redhead raised his eyebrows, interested.

"Do you also know about Italian food?"

"I have some experience..." Kyungsoo smiled slightly, as if he was keeping a secret.

It was funny that just two minutes ago, he was scolding him, and now he was bragging. Or trying to. Baekhyun began to realize that his boss was a very contradictory person.

"And when did you gain this experience?"

"I traveled to Italy for a while. I studied there, and then in France. I was still a teenager when I spent some time in Europe." Byun couldn't help but be surprised, as foolish as it may be.

Of course, he had studied in Europe. He probably studied all over the world. That's what made him an exemplary chef.

"And do you speak Italian then?" Kyungsoo laughed.

"No. Non parlo italiano."

"What did you say?"

"Exactly the only phrase I learned there: I don't speak Italian." The redhead laughed along with him. "Do you speak French?" He returned the question.

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow in challenge.

"I thought you read my resume, boss. Did you hire me for my pretty face?" The other man looked at him, motionless.

Baekhyun felt the chef's scrutinizing eyes scouring his face. He didn't know why he was doing it, but he felt as if that gaze was reaching a little deeper into him.

"I never hire anyone if not for their resume. I think we should establish that." The comment wasn't cold but rather as if he was avoiding something.

The redhead smiled, amused.

Was there a possibility that the bald man was affected by him?

"Okay, boss." That was all he could say.

The waiter had already cleared the dishes and now returned with a chilled dessert.

"Sorbet?"

"I thought it would be better not to keep everything in the same territory." The other man smiled slightly.

Kyungsoo could be funny when he wanted to, and the pastry chef was learning that now.

"Maybe next time we could go back to Asia." Byun didn't realize when the words simply slipped from his lips.

Next time? Was he crazy? How could there be a next time?

"I know a good restaurant for that." Well, maybe even the chef hadn't realized it. "But... I think we should discuss the wedding preparations."

Oh, right. That's why they were having lunch together, after all.

Baekhyun cleared his throat before speaking:

"Boss, if I may say, I don't think you made the best choice. But I-"

"Stop, Baekkie." Ah, the nickname again. "Don't belittle yourself again. You're an exceptional pastry chef, and I trust your talent completely. Believe me, I wouldn't risk Dyo's reputation on someone I didn't trust." The redhead was left speechless.

He toyed with the chilled dessert in front of him, buying himself some time to understand what was happening.

"I... I'm not belittling myself..." That was a lie. "But... I think you should know: I've never committed to such a large event before. Let alone one of this level of importance."

"They're not that important; they're just my family."

"Well, your family is important to me." The other man looked at him seriously, frozen. "I mean... I don't want people to think you have a bumbling pastry chef."

"They won't think that of you. Like I said, I wouldn't risk the restaurant's reputation if I didn't believe you were the right person for it." Baekhyun looked at him, serious.

He didn't know how or why, in such a short time, the chef had placed so much trust in him. Yes, his resume was good, but it went beyond professionalism. Trust was built over time. However, Kyungsoo seemed to trust him so much that the redhead, in a way, felt invincible.

Did he really think the pastry chef was that good?

"Besides... you won't be alone." He added, gracing him with a sincere smile.

"Sorry, boss, I didn't mean that."

"I know you didn't. I'm just reminding you. Sometimes I need to be reminded too." They both laughed.

They still had things in common, after all.

As the afternoon passed, they took their time to discuss some more important details. Somehow, spending time with Kyungsoo was becoming a less burdensome task. Baekhyun thought that if they were going to build a good relationship from now on, they would have to get to know each other better.

And the redhead was a little excited for that to happen.

 

 

The house was a bit empty, just like Junmyeon felt in his heart. It was sad that after all this time, he was still the type of guy who cries in corners because of his ex-boyfriend.

Lee Minho didn't have the decency to take their relationship seriously. Not that the professor wasn't expecting it, of course he was.

It had always been like that for him: betrayed at the last moment.

And now, he himself had to gather his own pieces, sweep the room, and glue each one back in its rightful place. A daunting task that would probably take decades to complete.

But he was willing to do it.

The TV was playing some appropriately bad romantic comedy. Like they all are. Like romance itself in real life.

The professor scoffed.

Perhaps he was bitter.

But could he blame himself? He was falling for another guy again. Another one of those Greek gods who would stomp on his heart.

He didn't know why he let himself be swayed by looks. He had always been drawn to extremely beautiful and different guys, like Lee Minho. Like Oh Sehun.

Yeah, maybe he deserved all of this in the end.

Sehun was extremely good-looking. Broad shoulders, striking eyebrows, and lips sculpted by God. He looked like an ancient work of art.

Junmyeon felt completely lost whenever he saw him.

He never knew how to handle the handsome ones. They always wanted to take everything from him, and he let them. He let them because he was weak. He thought he could be saved somehow. He thought that if he had someone strong by his side, he could finally live without fear.

Maybe it was loneliness. Or some kind of compulsive desire. He didn't know. But Sehun gave him that sense of calm.

Or he thought so.

After that phone call, Junmyeon had thought a lot about each of Sehun's words. About his voice and the sound of his laughter. About the way he made the atmosphere light whenever they were together.

But all of that didn't amount to much.

Oh Sehun was married.

What could the professor do? Nothing but admire him from afar. Maybe he didn't even have that right.

Kim decided that he would make an effort not to complicate things even more for the programmer. He knew that Sehun probably wasn't on good terms with his fiancée, and it was his job to make sure it didn't get worse.

Even though his deepest desire said otherwise.

But desires can be controlled.

And that's what he would do.

He got up from the sofa where he had been sitting and walked to his room. He took a shower and put on his best non-professor outfit: a wine-colored shirt, the leather jacket he had received from his ex-boyfriend, and tight black pants. He was dressed to kill, or at least that's what he intended.

Today his goal was to stop feeling sorry for himself and finally break free from the past.

He hoped that his goal would be achieved in a nightclub.

More precisely, the only one he had ever been to: Spinnet.


 

The night was cool and perfect for going out, Minseok knew that very well.

He had spent the entire Saturday yearning to go out for a while. It had been a long time since he last did that. He was desperate.

Once again, he found himself at the entrance of Spinnet. This time, the line was a bit longer than usual, but it was understandable: Luhan was going to perform there tonight.

The bartender smiled with pride for his friend.

She was so talented that she already had her own legion of fans. Some of them had been with her since her previous band with Chanyeol, and some were new. And that made him extremely proud.

Minseok entered the club with his gaze fixed on the bar. His plan for the night was to drink a good amount of alcohol, and then he would see what would happen. He didn't have any specific goals in mind to hook up with someone, but if it happened, he wouldn't deny it.

As he sat at the counter to place his order, he noticed a small guy next to him, wearing a peculiar combination of oversized glasses and a leather jacket. The bartender found it amusing.

The guy sipped his beer as if it were hot tea, and his posture was slouched. He was clearly uncomfortable in the environment.

"Hey," Minseok said, causing the short guy to jump with wide eyes.

Now that he sat up straight, Minseok noticed that he wasn't that short after all. They were probably around the same height.

The brunette pushed his glasses up from the tip of his nose to the middle of his eyes, swallowing nervously. He seemed completely lost, not knowing what to do.

"Good evening," he replied.

The bartender raised an eyebrow, amused.

"Good evening?" Minseok laughed. "What's your name?" he asked, curious.

He was extremely cute in a cute way. Minseok felt a bit lightheaded just looking at him.

"Kim Junmyeon." He made a small, slightly awkward bow. Perhaps he had realized, a bit late, that he wasn't in a formal setting. It was funny.

"Pleasure to meet you. Namesake. I'm Kim Minseok." It was the first smile he gave him. Shy, but it still counted as a smile.

"Pleasure to meet you."

"And what brings you here, Kim Junmyeon? You don't seem like the type of person who frequents nightclubs." This made the guy avert his gaze.

"I-I'm... trying... to see what it's like." Ah, a curious one.

"Is it your first time?" Now the bartender was a bit concerned. "Did you come alone? Maybe you should have a companion. If you're going to drink, you'll need a friend to take you home." Minseok was serious. He remembered his first experiences with alcohol, none of them had been good. If the small guy was going to drink, he should take it easy.

"I can handle myself," he replied softly. He was embarrassed, it was clear to see.

The bartender found it amusing again.

"Can I help you?" Both of them turned their gaze to the other bartender behind the counter.

He was dark-skinned and extremely handsome. He was dressed in modern clothing, nothing like his uniform at Dyo's. Minseok remembered seeing him a few times chatting with Luhan.

"I'll have a beer," he said, and looked at Junmyeon who simply shook his head, mesmerized by the guy in front of him.

Wow, he couldn't hide it. It was hilarious.

The other bartender looked at him with interest. Apparently, something could happen there.

Minseok slowly moved away, towards the front of the bar.

He wanted to get a good spot to watch the show, so he needed to secure it early. He was just observing the atmosphere of the pub where Luhan was about to perform. Specifically, studying the environment. It was important to know how he would have to deal with future customers and what personal tastes he could incorporate.

Everything was calm when the star of the night arrived.

Of course, he expected Chanyeol to show up, but he didn't expect it to be so soon. Luhan probably had called him since they were former bandmates.

The tall guy squeezed through the door, scanning the room with a characteristic smile on his face. It looked like he was claiming the place for himself. But then again, he always did that.

Minseok couldn't deny it: his presence was truly striking. With his laid-back social style — if that was even possible — he seemed to have stepped out of a photo shoot without even changing his clothes. His perfectly styled hair, and the sunglasses matching the pinstriped jacket. He looked delicious, he had to admit.

Park hadn't even noticed him there yet. He was just walking around, exuding confidence with his somewhat awkward stride. That was his biggest charm. His legs moved with confidence into the club, as if he were looking for the next target.

Minseok smiled. He couldn't ask for a better opportunity. The target was set.

Park went to the bar, acting as if he knew everyone there. Kim Junmyeon was nowhere to be seen anymore, but the brunette didn't care about that now.

He stood next to Chanyeol, who was sitting on one of the high stools at the bar, just smiling at the drinks, probably deciding which one to choose. As soon as the bartender sat next to him, Chanyeol grabbed his arm, causing him to turn towards him.

The tall guy's displayed smile faded instantly, replaced by a look of pure surprise. And if Minseok didn't know him, he would say there was a hint of fear there too. Which there definitely was.

"Park Chanyeol," the brunette said with a smile, teasing him.

"You... Wh-what are you... you, what are you doing here?" He stammered, his eyes wide with astonishment.

"I was waiting for you."

"W-what?" He laughed nervously. "Seriously?" He was genuinely worried, which made the smaller guy laugh.

The tall guy was quite a character.

"No, I came to see Luhan's performance. I assume you did too."

"Ah... I... of course." He laughed again, before turning his head from side to side, frantically looking for an escape route.

He was a terrible actor, he didn't even know the basics of disguise. But one could imagine, since he attracted a lot of attention just with his height. Disguise wasn't something to expect from him.

"So... do you want a drink?" The taller guy turned his gaze to Minseok.

"M-me?" He pointed to himself.

"Yes, you." The bartender pointed to him too, playing along.

"I'm good." Chanyeol turned back, searching through the menu again.

"Then why can't you take your eyes off that menu, Park Chanyeol?" The tall guy swallowed hard, laughing nervously.

"Oh... I'm... um, analyzing. You know? Research. It's good to know what the trendy drinks are, stay updated." Minseok chuckled softly.

"Research? I thought you were a sommelier."

"I-I am." The tall guy closed the menu in a nervous gesture.

He placed his hands on his lap, not knowing exactly what to do with them.

Minseok took the opportunity to observe his features up close. The mouth was still the same one he had dreamed of for a long time: round and full. Like a little fruit. The straight nose gave him a somewhat serious look, which disappeared as soon as one looked into his eyes: big and wide open all the time. The pointed ears were still his favorite part, along with his large hands.

The truth was that Minseok had never seen a creature on Earth as beautiful as the tall guy, Luhan's friend. And he hadn't gotten over it. Even after 3 long years, he still had the same impression when he was around. He could have died just to be by his side.

"You haven't changed at all," the brunette whispered.

This made Chanyeol look at him, again with wide eyes.

"What do you mean?" he asked, genuinely curious.

"I guess you don't remember? Right when I arrived in Seoul, I saw one of your shows. Legends of Ocarina. You still had long hair and everything." Minseok smiled with the memory.

It was his first night in the city. He didn't feel like going out because he was tired, but Luhan had a performance to do.

The bartender found it amusing that his friend had a band, and he always attended their shows whenever he could because she was very talented. But when he arrived at this same bar and saw that the band was actually a duo, Minseok was a bit confused.

But no more than he was captivated.

The lead vocalist at the front was beautiful. The most beautiful person he had seen in a long time. And when he started singing, with his raspy and smooth voice, it messed with his mind so much that the brunette could only ask for more. And since then, he always went to Legends of Ocarina's shows. He had almost become a fan himself.

When he turned to Chanyeol, trying to gauge his reaction, he saw that he covered his face with his two huge hands.

Minseok widened his smile. Was he being serious?

The shorter guy gently took his hands, pulling them away from his face. Park was still trying hard not to look at him, which was hilarious considering his size. His eyes were tightly shut.

"You don't have to hide from me, Chanyeol."

"I can't believe you saw me like that." He opened his eyes, turning his gaze to the side, avoiding direct eye contact.

"I did. And it was one of the best sights." The other guy scoffed, disbelieving.

"Are you kidding? I was known as Legolas for a long time. That hair was a lot of work!" The brunette smiled.

Ah, the long blonde hair...

"Well, then Legolas has never been so y." Chanyeol looked at him, startled.

Minseok winked at him as the lights in the place began to dim.

It seemed that the show was about to start.

He was still standing next to him when he turned his body towards the stage.

Everything was dark, with a single microphone illuminated by a strong light in the center. People were already whistling and clapping as Luhan entered, holding her signature guitar. She looked beautiful. Stunning. And she would probably play a bit longer than the others since there were more people on stage with her.

Minseok wasn't expecting any more moves from Park Chanyeol. He thought the taller guy would ignore his presence or run away, but something unexpected happened: a hand touched his shoulder, while the deep voice reached his ears.

"Do you want a drink?" Chanyeol tried to sound clear amidst the noise.

Minseok smiled as he stood up and faced him. He leaned close to the taller guy's ear, balancing himself with his hand on his thigh. Park smelled heavenly, probably wearing one of his expensive, trendy colognes.

He stiffened instantly, paralyzed.

"I thought you'd never offer," he whispered back.

As he returned to his seat, the smile never left his face.

Of all the advances he had made in his life, this one would undoubtedly be the one worth scoring the winning goal. He just really hoped it wouldn't go wrong by the end of the match.