Elemental

Don't Ask
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

As Chanyeol returned to their room two hours later, he found Kyungsoo on his laptop at his side of the room.

 

The alpha heaved a huge sigh and closed the door. He knew Kyungsoo heard him come in.

 

Chanyeol gulped. This should be easy. Just talk to him, he encouraged himself silently. It was less than a week before Christmas break. He just couldn’t let the two of them go home without trying to resolve… whatever it was they had to resolve.

 

He was ready. “H-Hey.”

 

Kyungsoo froze.

 

Chanyeol held his breath as the omega slowly turned around.

 

The alpha looked so afraid.  Kyungsoo crumbled inwardly. How could anyone possibly yell at that handsome, yearning face? “Hey,” he echoed carefully.

 

Chanyeol set his books on his desk and tentatively walked over to the omega’s side of the room. “A-Are we mad at each other?”

 

“I… I don’t know.” Kyungsoo swallowed as Chanyeol sat on his bed as he continued, “I’m not mad at you… are you mad at me?”

 

“No… no,” he disagreed, his voice subdued.

 

There was silence.

 

“Are you sure you’re not mad at me?” Chanyeol pressed.  “Because your expression… it’s too serious…”

 

“Oh, should I radiate some sunshine?” Kyungsoo opened his arms wide, trying to beam him some sun rays, couldn’t help but smile while doing this silly gesture. “I’m not mad at you.  Really.”

 

The alpha let out a sigh of relief, feeling a burden being lifted from his shoulders. “Um… are you doing anything?”

 

“Not really… just research…”

 

“Uh… I was thinking, you know, if you want to catch a movie with me?”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Are you busy?”

 

“Not right now...”

 

“Then…?”

 

“Um, okay.”

 

Chanyeol bit his lip to restrain his pleased smile. He stood up as Kyungsoo walked over to his closet. The taller one helped him into his jacket—seemingly turning into a habit of his now—and let Kyungsoo pass first as he closed the door after exiting.

 

Unbeknownst to them, Kyungsoo’s cell phone was left on the bed and it rang several times after they had gone.

 

The cinema was a short distance from the campus. They walked side by side, an obscure hush between them.

 

“Uh, what are we seeing anyway?” Kyungsoo braved to ask.

 

Chanyeol tried to smile. “Elemental. I haven’t seen it yet. Have you?”

 

Kyungsoo shyly shook his head.

 

Chanyeol shoved his hands into his pockets. It was a brilliant idea to choose a wholesome movie. Otherwise, he wouldn’t dream of asking Kyungsoo to see it with him. “Well, good then. I hear it’s really cool. It’s from the makers of Toy Story and Finding Nemo. H-Have you seen those?”

 

Kyungsoo’s cheeks reddened. “Toy Story 4?  No. I’d have loved to but I had… other priorities.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled. “Of course.”

Please log in to read the full chapter