Promised Prize

Don't Ask
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo had to admit he was having a good time there at the university pool, where the swimmers were busy doing drills in the water.  He thought the other omegas who hung out with the swim team, aside from Baekhyun, would be stuck up and haughty, but they ended up being incredibly welcoming to him. 

 

“We’re getting complacent, people,” Junmyeon barked, blowing his whistle.  Their team coach, Mihawk, had already gone home for the holidays and it was up to him to ensure the team was in top shape when they all reconvened for training after winter break.  “Why are we all over 2 minutes per lap?!”

 

“You have to make it interesting, Junmyeon hyung,” the omega Taemin hollered, while grinning provocatively at Jongin, who was his boyfriend.  “Whoever finishes the shortest time from edge to edge one way would get a kiss from one of us!”

 

The swim team howled and began splashing each other. 

 

Junmyeon rolled his eyes as this reaction was to be expected from , young alphas.  “You heard them, guys.  The omegas are willing to bestow you an incentive.”  He geared to blow his whistle again, simultaneously hitting his timer.  “And start!”

 

Chanyeol inhaled as much oxygen as he employed his long, muscular arms as oars and strong legs as flippers to propel himself forward.

 

 

The next thing he knew, he reached the edge closest to the omegas, tapping the tiles, and Junmyeon bellowed, “TIME!”

 

Chanyeol emerged from the water and found Sehun, Yixing, Jongin and the others still keeping up.

 

“0:61 seconds!” Junmyeon announced proudly, helping Chanyeol up, who was still trying to catch his breath.  “Who could expect anything less from the Aqua Man?”

 

The omegas and his teammates clapped for him, which normally Chanyeol would gloat over, but in this instance, he just was shell-shocked.  He hadn’t been that fast before.  What made him so motivated that…?

 

“So which omega would be so kind to give him the promised prize?” Junmyeon teased, glancing at the five pretty omegas sitting a few rows away, buzzing and giggling. 

 

“Oh, Chanyeol brought Kyungsoo,” Baekhyun pointed out, nudging at the suddenly timid petite omega.  “Go on, Kyungsoo-yah.”

 

“No, I can’t,” Kyungsoo whispered desperately, shaking his head. 

 

“C’mon.  It’s okay.  It doesn’t have to be with tongue.” Taemin smiled at him in encouragement.  “Chanyeol’s already looking at you.”

 

Kyungsoo swallowed and indeed found Chanyeol’s eyes already on him.  With his feet feeling heavy as lead, he descended the steps to meet the still dripping wet Aqua Man, whose body appeared to have been sculpted by the gods themselves, as everyone’s attention was solely on them. 

 

Kyungsoo detested being put on the spot like this, open for scrutiny and judgment and ridicule… He hated this so much!

 

Why did he leave the confines of his dorm room where he was safe and comfy, and didn’t have to deal with people, or peer pressure…?

 

Or feelings…?

 

The moment they were face to face, the boisterous and blaring j

Please log in to read the full chapter