Listen To The Letter

Don't Ask
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Over the next couple of weeks, they worked on becoming friends within that getting acquainted stage.  Somehow, they hadn’t brought up the alpha-omega issue to Junmyeon hyung, since everyone in the dorms seemed to have the impression that Kyungsoo was a beta.  Kyungsoo always had his heat suppressants ready and it didn’t seem to trigger Chanyeol, so they kept their arrangement as such.

 

They helped each other, compromising subconsciously, unaware that time had flown by so quickly. There were nights when they both couldn’t sleep, so they would talk or play cards, Scrabble or Jenga until the wee hours and still find humor in feeling, looking and acting like zombies when they had to attend their classes in the morning.

 

They didn’t even mind studying together on some nights. Kyungsoo helped him on some subjects he’d gotten credit on and Chanyeol helped him on solving tax equations.

 

“How can you make it seem so easy?!” Kyungsoo exclaimed, staring at his answer on paper in awe. “I am so ready to flunk this class and you just breezed through these problems!” Kyungsoo wrinkled his nose. “If I wanted to do calculations, I would’ve chosen to major in Math.”

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “I’ve learned this at 10 years old from my father’s team of accountants.” He winked. Then he went on explaining what the problem really required, the rules, etc, suddenly feeling good that he was now applying himself and feeling particularly smart that Kyungsoo appeared impressed by him.

 

“Geez…” Kyungsoo joked. “And you said I was so serious!”

 

Chanyeol just laughed. “So anyway, got it?”

 

“I think so…”

 

“You think so?” Chanyeol echoed challengingly.

 

“Okay, I’ll do this next one and you can check it for me.”

 

He allowed Kyungsoo a few minutes, continuing on reading his Economics book.

 

“Done.”

 

Chanyeol grabbed his paper and examined it excruciatingly, hiding his face. Kyungsoo was getting worried. “What?”

 

“Hmm…” the alpha murmured, smiling behind the paper. “Uh-huh… Oooohh… This is… tsk!”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

Then Chanyeol gave it back to him. “Congratulate me. I’m a great teacher!”

 

Kyungsoo made a face. “So that means…?”

 

“If I’m correct, I’m correct.”

 

“Swim back to the ocean, Aqua Man.”

 

Chanyeol snickered. “I don’t know about you, but I’m taking a study break.”

 

Kyungsoo was tapping his pen on the table when his eyes rested on the guitar near Chanyeol’s bed. He had been noticing it ever since the alpha move in. “Hey, Chanyeol?”

 

“Hmm?” the alpha murmured, sipping from his bottle of water.

 

“Do you know how to play the guitar?”

 

Chanyeol slowly raised his gaze. “A little. Why?”

 

Kyungsoo smiled that pretty heart-shaped smile, big eyes crinkling into crescents. “Can you play something?”

 

The taller one’s face went beet red. “I don’t know. I’m really… shy about it!”

 

Seriously?  Shy must be the farthest adjective to describe Park Chanyeol. 

 

“C’mon, you wouldn’t have a guitar here if you don’t play it. I’ll

Please log in to read the full chapter