Things Are Looking Up

Don't Ask
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo squinted as sunlight penetrated through the blinds. The next thing he felt was his throbbing temple. Groaning, he sat up.

 

“Good morning,” Chanyeol greeted, walking over to his bed.

 

Kyungsoo rubbed his forehead, not looking at him. “I hate it when you’re right. It feels like my head is splitting into two.”

 

Chanyeol decided to ignore that. “Are you hungry? Do you want anything? Breakfast?”

 

“What time is it?”

 

“Ten thirty.”

 

“I don’t know if I’m hungry. All I could feel right now is my headache. Oh, no!” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he struggled to get up. “I need to get to class!”

 

Chanyeol carefully pushed him back to the bed. “Kyungsoo… it’s Sunday.”

 

He looked at him blankly. “Oh.”

 

“I suppose you have complete recall of what happened last night?”

 

Kyungsoo thought for a minute. “Nothing happened, right? I mean, after everything I just blurted out to you?”

 

The omega sounded so tentative that the alpha wasn’t sure if it was right to bring up the kiss.  

 

Was it THAT forgettable? Chanyeol thought in utter devastation. 

 

“You’re right,” he said simply, a feigned smile playing on his lips.  “Absolutely nothing.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled in relief and then groaned. “Don’t make me laugh. It hurts.” Both hands supported his head, as though it would fall off.

 

“Okay, just lie back and everything’s under control.”

 

“Don’t do me favors, Chanyeol.”

 

The way Kyungsoo dropped the formalities just now sent butterflies fluttering in Chanyeol’s stomach, something that delighted and bewildered him at the same time.  “Favors are obligations,” he said, trying to sound nonchalant. “I don’t have anything else to do today anyway—at least, nothing too important. I got you an ice pack earlier.” He retrieved it from their small fridge and put it over the omega’s head. “That better?”

 

Kyungsoo just closed his eyes and nodded carefully, whispering.  “Thanks.”

 

Chanyeol observed him. “Do you feel feverish?” He held his much smaller hands. “You’re kinda warm.”

 

Kyungsoo hesitated to answer that it was because he was on the onset of his heat, but Chanyeol must have sensed that already.  Kyungsoo had been concerned at first about this alleged temporary roommate situation with the Aqua Man, but as one of the charity cases in Nanugi, Kyungsoo didn’t exactly have a say in the matter.  “It’s just that… I’ve never gotten drunk before, and it’s just probably a side effect. I’m all right, really. I swear, I’m never doing it again.”

 

“How much have you had to drink?”

 

“That’s one thing I don’t want to remember.”

 

Chanyeol laughed.

 

Kyungsoo opened his eyes. “I didn’t… miss any calls, did I?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head, handing Kyungsoo his cell phone that was by his side table.  “No one’s called you. Not yet.”

 

Kyungsoo checked it to confirm and was relieved. “Okay.”  That was when he noticed an unfamiliar notebook on his night stand, flipped open to a page of an unfinished sketch.  “Whose notebook…?”

 

The usually confident swimmer’s face blushed all red, a shy grin forming on his face, dimple deepening.  “Oh, I was…”  Chanyeol reached for the notebook to show him a drawing with various shades and outlines. “I w

Please log in to read the full chapter