Cause and Effect

Don't Ask
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol was jolted awake when someone loudly broke into the door. He his bedside lamp and squinted to see Junmyeon trying desperately to aid Kyungsoo, whose leg motions were nearly liquid, into the room.

 

“What…? What happened?” Chanyeol quickly pushed off the sheets from his body, sprinted to the door and carried Kyungsoo in his arms almost effortlessly.

 

He gently laid his smaller roommate down as Junmyeon explained wretchedly, “I got invited to the basketball team’s dorms for a party and I managed to convince Kyungsoo to come with me somehow.  And… I was talking to this guy, for hours it seemed…”

 

Chanyeol glowered at his swim team captain, who was a little tipsy, and then at Kyungsoo, who appeared to be terribly intoxicated. Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol unsteadily, giggling himself silly.

 

He didn’t think Kyungsoo was even aware that it was him he was grinning at.

 

“When I turned around, he was gone.”

 

“Are you insane, hyung?!  The basketball players are much more aggressive than us!!!  I can’t believe you left Kyungsoo alone!”

 

“Not necessarily. I went looking for him,” Junmyeon amended quickly, flinching. “No piece of his clothing was missing, don’t worry. It’s just that I found him in a large group of drunks and he was doing all this crazy stuff… dancing on top of a bar…”

 

Chanyeol was still frowning. “I don’t want to hear about it. I’ll be right back.”

 

He went over to the pantry and prepared a hot cup of strong coffee. What else would Kyungsoo need? He didn’t have the time to think about that now. He’d figure it out later.

 

He returned, seeing Junmyeon trying to tuck Kyungsoo in. “Kyungsoo-yah, you have to get some rest.”

 

“No, I think I need some more of that booze stuff. It’s—”

 

“Listen to hyung,” Chanyeol butted in. “You’re not going to be laughing in the morning.”

 

Kyungsoo laughed. “How do you know? Do you drink?”

 

“Plenty enough to build tolerance for it, which clearly you haven’t.”

 

Junmyeon eyed Chanyeol and then Kyungsoo uneasily. “Both of you obviously have some issues here... Everything okay?”

 

Chanyeol was so damned pissed by this act of irresponsibility—coming from Junmyeon hyung, no less—that he gave his swim team captain that alpha “get-out-of-here” glare that reversed their hierarchy at the moment. 

 

“Okay, Chanyeol-rah, I’m leaving,” Junmyeon relented, moving over to smooth Kyungsoo’s sheets. “Good night, you two, and Kyungsoo, no more alcohol, ever. Got that?”

 

Kyungsoo giggled some more, clutching his stomach as he rolled on the bed. “No way!  I like it! I really, really do!”

 

Junmyeon looked at Chanyeol apologetically, who just scowled. “Good night.”

 

When Junmyeon left, Chanyeol knelt down by his roommate’s bed and carefully placed a hand on his nape to prop his head up on a pillow.

 

However, he was startled when Kyungsoo suddenly pulled the much bigger alpha flush to his chest and crashed their mouths together, all wet, uncoordinated and messy.

 

Chan

Please log in to read the full chapter