Nanugi

Don't Ask
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

He couldn’t meet the eye of the Dean of his college, who had since been assessing him warily the moment he came in the office. 

 

The Dean who happened to be his godfather. 

 

“The partying has got to stop, Chanyeol-rah,” Dr. Lee Soo Man scolded, severe disappointment laced in his strict tone.

 

Chanyeol knew it, but it couldn’t be helped.  Was it his fault that he was an attractive, rich member of the swim team, that omegas were throwing themselves at him left and right?  He had brought two omegas back in his dorm last night, with his roommate Yixing hyung’s blessing, trying not to moan (so loudly) when one of the omegas made his eyes roll at the back of his head with most likely the best he had ever received in his life, as his livid father’s tirade on speaker phone, threatening to cut off his inheritance if he didn’t change his ways, served as background noise.

 

“To tell you the truth, your grades were always below stellar since high school, but I had to pull strings in order to grant your admission in this university because your father pleaded with me.”

 

Chanyeol cringed.  He knew that story all too well.  His father never let him forget it everytime he went back home from school break.

 

“And as old friends we are, I agreed, since you guaranteed you would at least maintain the minimum average to qualify for the swim team.  You are hailed as the Aqua Man in this campus but I can’t have you coast along with that mere title—How would a DC superhero reference impress people in the real world?—as what you’ve been doing for the past three semesters, and now you’re failing.”

 

Chanyeol’s head snapped up.  “W-What?  T-That can’t be!  I talked to Professors Hwang and Kim, they said they would give me an extension—”

 

“I was the one who told them to retract it,” Dr. Lee Soo Man interrupted, glaring at Chanyeol.  “I can’t be accused of playing favorites here.  I promised your father you’ll graduate from hard work and credibility.  The swim team is on hiatus for winter, anyway.  Get your grades up to at least a B average, then I might reconsider letting you back in the team.”

 

Chanyeol sulked.  He had it all figured out.  He would submit all of his requirements just before winter break, perhaps commissioning desperate omegas who would beg for the opportunity to come to his aid.  His father would kill him if he went home with a failed report card, for something as easy as Business Studies and Entrepreneurship.  

 

“Noted, sir,” he replied curtly, as he began to mentally construct a contingency plan.  Anything would do, rather than having to actually study for it.  “May I be excused now?”

 

Dr. Lee nodded, suddenly checking an email that just came in, as Chanyeol begrudgingly stood up to leave.  “Oh, and one more thing, Chanyeol-rah.  Pack your bags to vacate your dorm room at Geom Square.”

 

“WHAT?!  You’re separating me from my teammates?!”

 

Dr. Lee narrowed his eyes on his much too entitled godson.  “Not entirely.  As Dean of the Business Management Department of SMU, I have the power to decide if the privilege of staying in the luxury dorms will be reinstated to athletes.  One of the beds just opened up at the common dorms at Nanugi.  You do know that your swim team captain is the resident attendant there, right?”

 

Chanyeol groaned inwardly.  Surely, this couldn’t be happe

Please log in to read the full chapter