Chapter Six

Hello Sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One summer afternoon, the sun was at its brightest. The girl spending her day to explore around through the town again but despite the beauty surrounding her, there was something or someone she is been longing to see.

 

A week had already passed since she met the man and after that she had never seen him again. The only thing she knew about the man was his name.

 

As her walk seemed to slow down a little because she was beginning to feel tired from walking. Eventually she found a bench and sitting down as she watched the people doing their own things.

 

“Joohyun?” Her head snapped around to that familiar voice. 

 

He's here!

 

“Hi, how are you?” the man greeted and smiled at her.

 

Here we go again, her racing heart and the butterflies in her stomach are going wild.

 

“Hello, I'm fine... Uhm g—good to see you again..” she answered him softly almost like a whisper.

 

“Can i sit beside you?” the guy gently asked. She just nodded as response, blankly stares at him before cracking a smile of her own.

 

This guy is really handsome..

 

“Ilang araw na kitang hinahanap, dito lang pala kita makikita ulit.” aniya ng lalaki. She smile at him, she can already feel the heat on her cheeks.

 

So hinahanap rin siya nito..

 

“Hindi ko kasi nakuha yung number mo last time kaya bumalik ulit ako doon sa lugar kung saan tayo una nagkita kaso hindi ka na bumalik doon.” saad pa nito.

 

Bumalik rin siya kung saan niya ito unang nakita pero mukhang ayaw sila pag tagpuin ng mga araw 'yon.

 

“Bakit mo ko hinahanap?” nagtatakang tanong niya rito pero gusto rin malaman ang sagot mula sa lalaki.

 

“Uhm gusto ko kasi kitang m—makita ulit.” nahihiyang pag amin nito. Natawa siya ng makitang kung gaano namumula ang lalaki ngayon.

 

“What are you doing here by the way? Akala ko umuwi ka na talaga..” pag iiba niya rito. She really thought he is going back to his country.

 

“No, kailangan muna namin mag stay ng matagal dito because of my dad's work.” the man answered.

 

“What do you mean?” nalilitong tanong niya rito.

 

“We're gonna live here for awhile. I'm gonna stay and study here.” he smiled gently at her in reply. Nagulat naman siya sa sinabi nito.

 

Dito na siya titira..

 

“Study? Dito ka na mag aaral? At saang school?” sunod-sunod na tanong niya.

 

“My dad enrolled me in Haknam high school. Alam mo kung saan 'yon?” the guy answered.

 

So this is how destiny works, she thought.

 

“Yes, dahil doon rin ako nag aaral ngayon.” sagot niya rito. The man was surprised then suddenly laugh and smile as if he won a lottery.

 

“U—uh can you allow me to pick you up to go to school together?” he asked softly, looking down shyly.

 

Meanwhile her heart bursts into a thousand butterflies..

 

This guy is smooth huh.

 

“But okay lang kung ayaw mo. I'm sorry kung ang bilis ko—” as the man start to panic she stop him from talking, then she smile and nodded to him..

 

“Yes.. yes i would love to.”

 

 

Little did they know, this would be the beginning of a love story that would last a lifetime.

 

 

——

 

 

Yerim was in a lot of pain and was very disoriented. She couldn't remember what had happened or how she had gotten in the hospital. All she knew was her mother was the first thing she saw hovering over her bedside with a smile of relief and joy.

 

Napangiti si Yerim ng halikan siya sa noo ng kanyang mommy. 

 

“Hi M—mommy..” she used her hands to slowly caress her mother cheeks. Yerim thinks she is still in a dream. 

 

“Hello Yerim ah..” Irene chuckled and leaned into the younger girl touch.

 

“I m—miss you mommy..” Yerim said still in a delirious state. While Irene’s face lits up and gently answered her back. 

 

“I miss you too Yerimie..” 

 

Nagtataka naman nagtitinginan sina We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter