special chapter

Flashing Hearts

MYUNGSOO's POV


Ever since the premier night of Love, Career and Everything that Comes Between, our lives went on a spiral. From being nobodies to finally being stars that people recognize on the streets. Sungyeol and I met in my very first project as an extra actor. I remember being so nervous back then but a scrawny tall guy suddenly went beside me and cracked jokes saying he just wanted to lighten the mood and from that day on that scrawny tall guy captured my heart.

 

It must be fate because in acting gigs after that, we found ourselves being casted on the same projects and oftentimes we act side by side. We became classmates, friends on one friend group, and we even managed to be siblings of the main character until we finally bagged those main character roles in our latest movies. I can clearly remember how that one particular director told us that we have more chemistry than the main characters in that one acting gig we did together where we were classmates. To be honest, that was my awakening that I really do love Sungyeol more than just a friend.

 

We managed to be really good friends then. We hang out together and audition together in all the available acting gigs that came our way. We basically became inseparable especially the moment I confessed my love for him. Yes. I was the one who confessed to Sungyeol because in my years of existence, I haven’t felt this kind of attraction for someone. He is really different.

 

He almost rejected me because I wasn’t aware that he was actually courting his high school classmate during those times which I have met a few times already when we were hanging out. They were best friends so I didn’t expect that Sungyeol would risk their friendship and actually court his bestfriend. She was one of the sweetest people I met. She always talked to me and took care of me when I got too drunk one time so knowing Sungyeol was courting her made me back down because Sungyeol’s happiness is my happiness.

 

But things turned around when Sungyeol’s best friend got back with her ex which left Sungyeol devastated. Our friendship didn’t change after the confession which I am really thankful for because I don’t know what I would do if Sungyeol was erased in my life completely.

 

That night was the game changer in our lives. It might feel like I was a rebound but when Sungyeol realized that he liked me more than a friend a little bit too late, he made sure to repay my love every chance he gets. He never made me feel unwanted and unloved. He never made me feel like I was just a second choice. I had my doubts at first but Sungyeol made me feel like the only guy in his world ever since we made everything official. I never got jealous with other girls or guys even if a lot of people were lurking around him. He made sure that my feelings were validated and the reassurance he continuously gives me was just so amazing and consistent which left no room for jealousy and doubt.

 

Fast forward to today, our years spent together as friends and as lovers were definitely the best years of our lives and I am just extremely grateful that this huge milestone in my life is shared with him. He definitely was one of the most hardworking people I know. Well, aside from me of course. I just love how our passion for acting is the same. We really do our best for our craft and just like other people say, hardwork really do pay off.

 

We were just enjoying the spotlight that is shining on us when the biggest bump in Sungyeol’s life came. I am aware that his mother raised him as a single mom but that’s all that I know about it. Sungyeol made me promise to not ask about it and that he’ll tell me all about it when he’s ready to talk about it and I respected his wish because what’s important was that the man beside me was with me every waking second.

 

I was extremely confused that one car ride on our way to cabin ahjumma. I have never seen Sungyeol so flushed and drained like that after that cursed phone call with his father. I was hoping that maybe that day would be the day that he will finally tell me what really happened in his family but since it’s Sungyeol that we’re talking about, he did his best to push aside his feelings so that my day will not be ruined further and I appreciate him so much for that. He really do his best when it comes to me and I love him even more for that.

 

After that day, I was hoping we could just shrug it off and go on with our schedules. I can see that Sungyeol really tried so hard to get that incident off his head even if I can feel that it was so hard for him. The morning after, we needed to go to a live interview which turned out was with the Yoo Jae Suk. We were so stoked about it so I thought it was a great time for Sungyeol to keep that incident off his mind but destiny got a cruel way to play with people’s lives. His father surprisingly was able to get through to the swarm of Missus and managed to get a spot in the live phone call session with Sungyeol and I in that show. I felt Sungyeol stiffened when he heard the voice of his father and just as I was about to hug him to comfort him, he stormed out of the studio and the next thing I know Manager hyung was screaming for Sungyeol’s name and the love of my life went out of the dressing room in a stretcher with a bleeding head.

 

I squeezed into the small crowd around Sungyeol and managed to get in the ambulance with him. In our years together, this was the first time I saw him so enraged and bothered by someone. He is usually the friendly one between us too so he got along with any people easily which made him a crowd favorite but this one’s different. Whatever the story behind this feud is it’s probably so dark and unfortunate because it made my sunshine turn into the darkest stormy cloud in just a span of days.

 


a/n

 

surprise! i know it's too early to give a special chapter but don't worry guys this isn't the end. i just want you guys to be up to date of what myungsoo is feeling since he is the other half of myungyeol. i hope you liked this one!