v. of white walls and emergency calls

Flashing Hearts

RECAP:

“Yeollie-ah. Appa miss you so much. Come visit me, Yeollie-ah.” my father said and I don’t know what has gotten into me but I immediately stormed out of the studio and went straight to the dressing room. I clutched my hand on my chest since I can’t breathe properly anymore. The whole room appeared to be spinning already and the oxygen in the air was wearing thin. My vision slowly went blurry and dark until the last thing I heard was Manager hyung  calling out my name before I pass out completely.


SUNGYEOL’S POV

 The last thing I remembered was Manager hyung shouting for my name and everything went black. I can feel myself stirring and I tried my best to open my eyes but they are at their heaviest. After a few more desperate attempts to open my eyes, I successfully cracked my eyes open a little bit and adjusted my blurry view of what looks like a hospital. I let out a painful groan which woke up whoever was holding my hand.

 

“Babe? Babe! You are awake! Hyung hyung hyung wake up! Call the doctor!” I already knew whose voice that belonged to and I am glad Myungsoo is right beside me at this time. I tried to move again but a sharp pain flew across my head that made me scream.

 

“Babe, don’t move.” Myungsoo warned and I obeyed and settled on my lying position. I can feel the surroundings swirling again so I closed my eyes and forced myself to calm down. After a few minutes of resting my eyes and calming myself down, I opened my eyes again and saw strangers over my bed.

 

“He needs to rest more. His fall made his head hit the corner of a table and it had an intense impact so he’ll be a little bit disoriented still and the pain in his head will be unbearable for a while. Please don’t let him move too much and feel too much emotion yet. It won’t do him any good. For now, we can offer him some painkillers to help with the pain in his head and his chest. I can see that he’s still clenching his chest. That’s all for now. We’ll check up on him again in a few hours. Take care.” what I believe was the doctor finally left with the nurse and all that’s left now in my room was Manager hyung and Myungsoo.

 

“Yeol-ah. Are you awake? Can you hear me?” Manager hyung softly said while touching my arm as if checking if I’m still alive and warm.

 

“Mmm y-yeah” was all I managed to croak out. Myungsoo kissed my hands and I looked at him and found him crying with the sight of me in the hospital bed. I furrowed my eyebrows as if telling him that he shouldn’t cry because of me. With the energy I have left, I wiped away his tears and gave him a small smile.

 

“W-Water.” I spoke softly and Manager hyung immediately obliged and poured water on a paper cup for me. Myungsoo on the other hand adjusted the height of the headrest of my bed so I would be in a sitting position. I am glad my mom isn’t here because I know she’ll cry her eyes out when she sees me in this condition and I don’t want to see her like that anymore. I promised myself I won’t make my mom shed a tear of sadness ever again.

 

“Here, Yeol-ah. You scared us there.” Manager hyung said as he handed me the cup of water. I was actually expecting to be yelled at and be scolded because I ruined a big opportunity like that just because of my messy family background. I know there will come a time that the world will know that I don’t have a father growing up but I didn’t expect it to be blown out of proportion because of my father being the bomb for everything to spill. I can feel my body heating up from anger again and my breath getting shallow.

 

“Yah! Yeol-ah. Whatever you’re thinking please don’t think about it. Focus on resting. We can’t have you getting sick for too long. We don’t like seeing you in the hospital, bro. Just chill, please.” Manager hyung begged on my bedside while Myungsoo held on my hand tightly.

 

I think I fell asleep again because I was awaken once again but this time by the screaming and shouting of Manager Hyung and the soft voice of Myungsoo calming Manager hyung and telling him that he might wake me up.

 

“What?! Are you guys out of your mind? Sungyeol is in bed right now and can barely wake up and stand up and you want him to do damage control by going on another interview tomorrow? YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!” Manager hyung hollered.

 

“Hyung. Calm down.” Myungsoo begged while holding his arm.

 

“No! I don’t care what the CEO says. My guy can’t go to the interview tomorrow. He needs to rest up! If your CEO really wants to do damage control then fine I will do the interview for Sungyeol. I could just ask him about everything and just go on his behalf. Just don’t force him to go, please. I am begging you. He needs to rest. He’s just starting and I can’t have him be beyond repair so early.” Manager hyung begged and almost go in his knees but Myungsoo just stopped him.

 

“You’re the one who is crazy. We are just following what the CEO says and you know how firm he can be. You better do something about it or it will cost Sungyeol’s entire career. And maybe yours too.” the company representative pointed at Myungsoo and I swear I almost jumped out of my bed. The company representative and his companions have left already. Manager hyung was panting so loud I can clearly hear every inhale and exhale he lets out.

 

“Hyung. What are we supposed to do? I can also go to that stupid interview in his behalf. I can’t let them force my boyfriend to answer their malicious questions. He haven’t even told me anything. Let’s make him rest.” Myungsoo said worriedly. I can’t bear to see them panicking anymore so I mustered my energy and spoke.

 

“I-I’ll do it. I c-can do it.” I tried to sit up and thank heavens I was able to. The two scurried over to my bed and stood on either side of my bed.

 

“Y-You heard everything?” Manager hyung asked.

 

“Just the part where you’re begging f-for me. Thank you, hyung. I-I appreciate it.” I coughed violently and Myungsoo immediately hit the nurse call button and a nurse immediately appeared. She checked up on me and adjusted my oxygen and everything necessary before going out. She also reminded the two to not get me agitated.

 

“Babe, you don’t have to do it. You can just rest. I don’t care about my career anymore. I care more about you.” Myungsoo said firmly and I reached out to caress his cheeks.

 

“Baby. Don’t worry about me. I can handle this. If they really want to interview me then they have to agree to some of our terms. To not make you guys worry anymore, maybe we could ask them if I could be interview through online meeting platform. They can interview me and at the same time I am still here at the hospital and still be monitored.” I said slowly and I can see Manager hyung thinking hard about it. He sat down on one of the couches and started texting vigorously which I can only guess was the company and the CEO.

 

“Are you sure, babe? I’m worried about you.” Myungsoo placed my hand on his cheek and looked at me with those puppy eyes of his.

 

“Yes baby. I promise I won’t push myself too hard. I can’t run from this anymore anyway. I guess part of me already knows that this is bound to happen sooner or later. It’s just bad timing that this all spilled out during the height of our career. Now potentially sabotaging yours too. I’m sorry if you got dragged into this.” I looked at him with tears in my eyes.

 

“Oh baby~ This is not your fault.” Myungsoo said softly.

 

My phone suddenly rang and Myungsoo reached out for it and saw that it was just an unknown number. He was about to let it ring when I insisted on having him give the phone to me. At first he hesitated but eventually handed me the phone.

 

“What if it’s your father? Are you sure you’re ready to talk to him?” Myungsoo asked worriedly.

 

“Yes, baby. Let me handle this, but have a glass of water ready because I can’t promise there won’t be screaming in this phone call.” I said firmly and Myungsoo gave me one last look before moving away to grab me a bottle of water. Manager hyung was still in the couch busy contacting the company and negotiating.

 

“Yoboseyo?” I asked flatly.

 

“Yeollie-ah. At last.” my good-for-nothing father said over the phone.

 

“Quit calling me that. I am no son of yours. And I just want to congratulate you for ruining my life yet again. How many times are you going to ruin my life? Our lives? Why did you contact me after all these years? We were already okay. We already forgot how to left us without saying anything. We’re finally over the massive pain you have caused us. Why? WHY?!” I screamed the last word which snapped Manager hyung out of his attention to his phone. He got up so fast but Myungsoo blocked him and asked him not to bother me as he trusted what I’m doing. Myungsoo really knew me best.

 

“Yeollie-ah. I want to say I’m sorry. I can explain everything. Finally, I can explain. So please give me a chance.” my father said.

 

“No. You had years to talk with us but you didn’t. We spent half of those years begging for you to come back but you didn’t. We wasted hours crying and thinking what was wrong with us before we fully accept that this isn’t our fault but yours and yours alone. So no. You won’t get any chance from me or from mom. Stay away from us.” I said firmly.

 

“Yeollie-ah! Please! I am begging you! I know where you are right now. I could just come there if you want.” he begged and begged.

 

“Are you deaf or just plain dumb? I said no! And don’t you dare come near mom or I swear I will spend every fcking dime I have to put you to jail. Let me tell you this again. Stay! Away! From! Us! This will be the last time you’re gonna hear my voice. You are no one.”I exclaimed before hanging up on him.

 

I was breathing heavily already and I can feel the world spinning a little too fast for me. I immediately plopped down my bed and rested my back on my bed. Myungsoo handed me a cup of water and I quickly drank it and went back to resting in my bed.

 

“You need to rest again, babe. Go on. I know you spent too much energy talking with your father.” Myungsoo said.

 

“He is not father of mine.” I said firmly and Myungsoo immediately apologized.

 

“Uhh Yeol-ah. I am sorry.” Manager hyung suddenly spoke.

 

“Why hyung?” I asked.

 

“The company agreed with the distance call thing but the management of the interview show won’t. We tried to negotiate but they really want you there physically. They promise to have a doctor on stand by and Myungsoo will be allowed to sit next to you but he won’t talk. That’s the deal.” Manager hyung narrated and it got me confused and agitated all at the same time.

 

“What’s so hard with the distance call? Why won’t they agree? Aish! This is so frustrating.” I exclaimed.

 

“Babe, calm down. The important thing is I am allowed to be there with you. If you get nervous or feel weak or anything just look at me and I’d immediately as them to take care of you. I won’t let them take too much energy from you but babe can you do it? We can just boycott it. Like I said, I don’t care about the spotlight. You are all that I care about.” Myungsoo said softly.

 

“Baby, I have to do this. If that’s what they want then let it be. I’ll be there. As long as you’re beside me, I’ll be okay. I just need to collect my thoughts first. Can you find me a notebook and pen?”I asked.

 

“You can borrow mine. Yeol-ah, if this is too much just tell me. I also care for you. I can find you another company or talk with my connections.” Manager hyung offered and I smiled at him. Myungsoo and I were really lucky to have him as our manager. He was the hardest to be with in the beginning but eventually he really did become the best manager that anyone could have ever asked for.

 

After being handed a notebook and pen, I immediately jotted down the timeline of pain brought by my father. I decided to take notes first because I will decide what I can and can not share in public. I have all intentions of revealing the truth without bringing any more damage to my mother and my relationship with Myungsoo. I really should put my head together. I really can’t ruin this any further. I need to be strong.

For my mom

For Myungsoo

For me


 


a/n

the revelation is really close! thank you to everyone who have been supporting my first chaptered fic here. i promise to do better and better to give you guys more fanfics to read. have a great day!