ix. all hell broke loose

Flashing Hearts

RECAP:

“Thank you so much. I am sincerely grateful to the both of you. I promise to stay away from your sight for the moment. I won’t cause any scene but please let me see you guys even just once a week.” he begged.

 

“Month.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Once a month. You can see us once a month or when you are needed for the case. That’s the best I can do. You can contact one of my body guards first before going directly to us. This is for our protection.” I said.

 

“Okay. I understand. Thank you, son. Take good care of your mother.”

 

“Don’t worry. I always do….. dad.”

 

And with that we left the restaurant and were met with the familiar sight of media mobbing me.


 

The day after that encounter was a lot worse than the encounter itself. Our home is now home to hundreds of paparazzi too. They’ve been staking me and Myungsoo since I got home yesterday that even Manager hyung can’t go inside my apartment without getting bruises from trying to push through the crowd. Many got a whiff of my meeting with my father and I think my story is the biggest scoop right now because now that I peeked through my window again, I can also see my fans showing banners of support and barricading the apartment to not let any paparazzi get closer.

 

I owe my success to them and now my life. MISSUS definitely is the best fandom out there and I don’t know how to thank them enough.

 

Wait. I know.

 

“Hyung! Can you do me the biggest favor?” I said and looked at Manager hyung and Myungsoo talking with each other. I feel bad for dragging Myungsoo into this, I almost moved out of our home in the height of this issue but Myungsoo insisted that he can manage himself and that he will stay by my side no matter what I say which I am extremely grateful for.

 

“If it requires me to go out and swim through that crowd again, then no.” Manager hyung scoffed and Myungsoo laughed.

 

“Oh! It’s nothing of that sort. I just thought of bringing a coffee truck here for my fans. They’ve been working extra hard since this early morning when they heard that the paparazzi is swarming in front of our home. Would that be possible, hyung? Maybe some sandwiches too?” I said and walked closer to them in the living room. Manager hyung smiled at me and gave me a pat at the back.

 

“You really are such a nice kid. I’ll see to it that it will happen. I’ll ask for more staff to help with the distribution. Excuse me while I make this call.” Manager hyung immediately stood up and dialed on his phone to make arrangements which left Myungsoo and I in the living room.

 

“How are you holding up?” Myungsoo asked as he held me in his arms.

 

“I feel like I just went a trip to hell. I’m exhausted since I haven’t slept a wink.” I admitted and rested my head on his shoulder.

 

“Want me to sing you a lullaby like I used to?” Myungsoo offered.

 

“Thanks my love but I think I need to see this through. I need to know that our fans will not be harmed or anything and I also wanna know what’s gonna happen next.” I said and sat straight beside him and looked at him.

 

“We’ll get through this, hmm?” Myungsoo smiled and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

 

“Alright! They said they can make it happen in like an hour. Luckily one of their trucks was actually already set but their customer bailed so they’re bringing that coffee truck here although the sandwiches are still being made so it might be a little late, but don’t worry they said they got some pastries ready so your fans are still able to eat.” Manager hyung  reported and I thanked him.

 

I got a hold of the remote control so I the television only to be greeted with a breaking news segment showing the front of my house filled with paparazzi and my fans fighting.

 

“Breaking news! We are now showing the current situation of the front of the condo where the rising stars Lee Sungyeol and Kim Myungsoo are currently residing at. This was in connection with the hot topic that happened just last night where actor Lee Sungyeol met with his estranged father along with his mother in a restaurant late last night. As you can see, a lot of media people have been camping outside Lee and Kim’s residence hoping to get an interview. It is also evident that the two has a large and strong fanbase as their MISSUS have been diligently stopping the media from getting any closer to the buidling. Oh! Wait! Okay. This just in! The kindhearted Lee Sungyeol has reportedly ordered a coffee truck to be sent in his residence as a gesture of gratitude for his fans who have been tirelessly protecting them since this morning. It will be a long day for them. Stay tune for more updates!” the news anchor said and another news started playing.

 

“Hyung. Word traveled fast. How did they know?” I asked.

 

“Oh! I ran it through our publicist and remembered how we got a close relationship with that channel? I just thought that good pr would help us in this situation and just so you know I just got a text that our company has already requested additional security and might actually be able to disperse the crowd as soon as possible but this also means your fans have to go home too.” Manager hyung explained and I nodded.

 

“This is just crazy. They are invading Sungyeol’s privacy too much and milking it for coins.” Myungsoo said exasperatedly.

 

“This will all end eventually. Hang in there, you two.” Manager hyung reassured and we both breathed a sigh of relief.

 

“I’m really sorry I dragged you two into this.” I said softly.

 

“Dude. I am not your manager for nothing. This is my job and besides you guys are my younger brothers already so allow me to protect you two as much as I can. Put a little faith in me, okay?” Manager hyung said as he smiled at us.

 

“And stop apologizing, babe. We’re here to support you. By the way, are you guys hungry? I’m kinda hungry so I’ll cook something. Would you like some?” Myungsoo asked.

 

“Yes please! the trip here took like 5 years worth of my energy so yeah I’d love to have some of your cooking.” Manager hyung said and I raised my hand and gave Myungsoo an ok sign to indicate that I would eat too.

 

Myungsoo immediately went to the kitchen and started cooking while I stood up and peeked on our window again. The amount of people in front of our building stayed the same and the cameras are still pointed at our window. I can only imagine the anxiety that my neighbors are experiencing right now. Some of them went up to our door and showed support while some showed concern for their privacy so I assured them that my company was doing something about it. The first wave of security have already arrived earlier but it wasn’t enough as the paparazzi started flowing in. Unfortunately, the next wave of security is taking too long since most of the available security personnel were already here.

 

“How long do you think they would last out there?” I asked.

 

“They could stay all day in days. We’d be lucky if they get tired fast and if that back up security team will arrive.” Manager hyung was now standing beside me watching over the window. Our windows are tinted so they won’t be able to see us.

 

As I watch the commotion outside, I saw one paparazzi shoving my fan hard that she fell on the floor. MISSUS started to clash onto the media and a fight has broke out.

 

Without thinking twice, I rushed outside. Manager hyung was shocked and screamed after me but my blood boiled so fast I can’t even think straight. I went for the stairs and ran down with Manager hyung in my trail. I finally arrived downstairs and was met with multiple camera flashes again. I went straight to my fan who fell and helped her get up.

 

“Are you okay?” I asked with concern.

 

“Y-Yeah oppa. A-Are you?” she asked timidly.

 

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.” I said and forced a smile.

 

“Alright! This has been going on for a long time now. You’re causing disturbance to this peaceful neighborhood. I AM KINDLY ASKING EVERYONE TO GO HOME AND WAIT FOR ME TO TALK AND TELL  THE STORY! TO THE PAPARAZZI, I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU GUYS. I KNOW YOU ARE JUST DOING YOUR JOB BUT IS SHOVING PEOPLE PART OF YOUR JOB?!?! GO HOME NOW!” I hollered and while the paparazzi still try to close in with me, my fans immediately came to my aid.

 

“BUILD A WALL, MISSUS! DON’T LET THEM GET CLOSE TO SUNGYEOL OPPA!” one of my fans screamed and as if they rehearsed, they smoothly went into formation and covered me in a circle to protect me from the shoving paparazzi. The security team saw it and joined in shoving the paparazzi back.

 

It really felt like I am in a movie as I see the things unfolding in front of me. Manager hyung managed to get inside the circle and offered another protection for me by guarding me with his body. He immediately put his hoodie over me.

 

At the heat of the moment, police sirens were heard. Three police cars have arrived. One of the police officers went down with a megaphone.

 

“THIS IS A PRIVATE PROPERTY! ANYONE WHO IS NOT RESIDING HERE MUST GO HOME! YOU ARE DISTURBING THE RESIDENCE. ANYONE WHO REFUSES TO LEAVE WILL BE ESCORTED WITH HANDCUFFS IMMEDIATELY!” the police officer hollered and the paparazzi gathered themselves in defeat.

 

My fans were also about to leave but the coffee truck hasn’t arrived yet so I spoke with the police officers and reached with the agreement that my fans can stay only until the coffee truck arrives and after that they have to leave.

 

“Thank you so much officer. I’ll stay here to monitor everything too.” I offered and they also say they’ll stay until the premises were already cleared.

 

In half an hour, the coffee truck arrived. While waiting, I had a quick chat with my fans to thank them for the things they did to me. Myungsoo eventually also joined and the MISSUS said that they will not get tired of protecting us. We thanked them once more and enjoyed the coffee prepared for us.

 

“You scared me there, Yeol-ah.” Manager hyung said the moment we entered our home after the commotion.

 

“Sorry for being impulsive again, hyung. I just don’t like it when my fans are being mishandled. I can’t carry that anymore in my conscience.” I admitted and plopped down on the couch. Myungsoo, on the other hand, went back to the kitchen to finish what he started.

 

Despite the chaos that the paparazzi made, it still ended a bit better because Myungsoo and I get to spend some time with our fans and thank them personally. Some of them even begged for a fan meeting in which we are more than willing to do but still needed to be discussed with our CEO. The company has also called Manager hyung and told them that the situation is being taken care of. Unlike other actors who get involved in a scandal, their contract gets terminated immediately and honestly it almost happened to me but because of our strong fanbase, they scratched that decision and they even took better care of me.

 

“Food is ready! Let’s eat.” Myungsoo said as he served the kimchi fried rice that he made. Manager hyung and I thanked him for cooking for us and then we enjoyed our meal.

 

After a few hours, Manager hyung finally bid goodbye and all that was left in the house was me and Myungsoo.

 

“Let’s sleep early tonight. You need to rest since we don’t know what’s gonna happen next. All I know is whatever happens, I’ll be by your side, my Sungyeol.” Myungsoo said and kissed me on the lips.

 

“I am so lucky to have you.”