i. "love, career and everything that comes between"

Flashing Hearts

A plethora of white flashing lights filled the venue as we stepped out and wave to the crowd. Years and years of hardwork finally paying off. This is what we deserve. This fame belongs to us.

 

"Here, Myungsoo!"

 

"Here, Sungyeol!"

 

"SMILE HERE!"

 

"THIS SIDE PLEASE!"

 

Photographers are enthusiastically screaming our names as they hungrily want to snap a photo of us. We are Sungyeol and Myungsoo by the way. The up and rising actors of this generation. After playing supporting roles multiple times, we finally bagged the main roles we both deserve and what made it even better is that we are both starring at the same movie. I wouldn't have it any other way.

 

Today is the premier of our movie entitled "Love, Career and Everything that Comes Between" which is a romantic comedy movie wherein I play the role of the hotshot CEO and Myungsoo plays the role of my long lost childhood friend who just came back from overseas. We are actually very honored to be widely accepted as a couple in the movies as well as in real life. Myungsoo is my soulmate. Myungsoo is my everything.

 

I suddenly felt a hand intertwining into mine as I was busy smiling for the camera. No matter how tiring it may be, I still enjoy smiling from ear to ear. I looked at my hand and saw that Myungsoo held my hand and looked at me. We shared a meaningful look before facing the crowd of photographers and fans back.

 

"MyungYeol 4 LIFE!!!!!" says one of the big placards being held by our fan and Myungsoo and I can't help but giggled.

 

"MYUNGSOO STEP ON MEEEEE!" says another placard which made Myungsoo laugh and my favorite placard out of the sea of signs was the one that said "MYUNGYEOL MADE THE RAINBOW FAMILY SHINE EVEN BRIGHTER!". We are so happy that we get to inspire other people to be proud and comfortable about who they really are.

 

We are finally out of the eyes of the crowd and in backstage. I immediately pulled Myungsoo into a tight hug and pecks his cheeks.

 

"Baby! I can't believe this is actually happening! I mean look at the people outside! They are soooooo many like I can't even imagine how that's possible. Am I dreaming? Is this real?” I was visibly having a some sort of panic attack but this panic attack is of pure joy so maybe I can call it a joy attack. Lame? Well. You'll get used to me.

 

“Aigoo. Calm down, baby. Yes all of this is real” Myungsoo said in his usual calm and collected voice but like me he can’t contain his happiness so he’s smiling from ear to ear. I hugged him really tight again for so long until our managers told us it’s time to address the crowd again for our opening speech before the grand premier of the movie.

 

“I guess this is it, Myungsoo.” I said and heaved a sigh.

 

“It is. I am so proud of you baby.” Myungsoo said and smiled sweetly at me.

 

“I am so proud of you too, baby. I love you” I said and gave him a quick peck in the lips which earned a loud AWWWW from the people inside the dressing room.

 

We finally got out of the dressing room and was greeted once again by the same enthusiastic faces that welcomed us not long ago. I entered the stage first followed by the love of my life, Myungsoo. We waved and waved to the cheering crowd and I really wish I could hug each and every fan in the venue with us. The host started the conversation by acknowledging Myungsoo and I then the crowd. It was a really fun quick interview.

 

“So Sungyeol. We heard that you worked out a lot for the role? Is this true? If it is then I guess we should really see that change. Don’t you agree Missus?!” the emcee jeered and the crowd responded with the loudest cheers. Missus is the name that we call our fans because our initials when put together is MS which can be read as Miss but since we adore our fans a lot and they are many we decided with Missus which is also a word play for “Miss us” because well we are clingy bastards who wants our fans to miss us a lot.

 

It’s true that I worked out a lot for my role since I am playing a hotshot CEO, I can’t go out there as my skinny self so I really worked so hard to achieve the body that I have right now. Without any more second to waste, I lifted my shirt briefly just enough time to let the crowd see the fruit of my labor, the six pack abs. The venue was once again drowned with white flashing lights as the photographers and fans hungrily took photos. Myungsoo visibly blushed and playfully punches my shoulder.

 

“Oooohh I think someone got jealous.” the host teased.

 

“I am. I want those abs for my eyes only.” Myungsoo playfully replied and the crowd cheered.

 

“I know everyone is really excited to watch the movie that Myungsoo and Sungyeol prepared for us let’s wait a little longer to hear our main characters say a few words of gratitude for all of you here and to those watching us live on YouTube!” the host announced.

 

“First of all, Thank you so much to our Missus and to our company who trusted us with this project. It is an honor to play such an amazing character written by the brilliant writers. Big shout out to Park Jiyong hyung, our fantastic director, for guiding us every step of the way. He really made us feel at ease and showered us with compliments which made the shooting days great. We never actually felt that we’re working. It’s really a dream to be in such condition and be surrounded by awesome people. I have nothing but gratitude and love for all of you who supports us. Lastly, to the love of my life, Kim Myungsoo. I thank you for being my pillar when I get tired and burdened by the responsibility. You made everyday a great day. I love you.” I ended my speech by pecking Myungsoo’s cheeks.

 

“I love you too, Sungyeol and I love you too our Missus! You guys are the reason why were here standing in front of you about to show you the greatest romantic comedy of the year. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it. I won’t take your time anymore. Let’s enjoy watching together! THANK YOU EVERYONE!” Myungsoo screamed the last line and we all clapped so hard.

 

The movie lasted for what felt like seconds because we really enjoyed every part of it .We didn’t notice that time flew by so fast. I looked at Myungsoo and saw him tearing up a little bit despite the movie being a romantic comedy. I smiled at him and took the initiative to wipe his tears with my thumb. I gave him a quick kiss on his forehead to help him calm down his overflowing emotions.

 

Jiyong hyung who is beside me gently pat my should and squeezed it as if to tell me that’s he’s really proud of me and with that simple gesture, I can’t hold my tears anymore and cried right then and there. The cinema the lights again and revealed the packed venue. I already felt the cameras zooming in in our face as they try to catch our genuine reaction now that the movie is finished.

 

"Let's give it up for the best couple out there, Sungyeol and Myungsoo!" the host hollered then Myungsoo and I once again entered the stage to witness the overwhelming support and love.
 


If this is a dream..... then I don't want to wake up.

 

 

 


a/n

i feel so clever for coming up with "missus" lmao it is such a common word but the meaning is purely from my mind and i really hope you also become a "missus" after watching this chapter. this story will remain accessible to everybody but a subscribe and upvote will always be appreciated. thank you for reading the first chapter and i hope to see you in the next one!