It's Not the End of the World

Last One Standing

I swear I should've just auditioned to be an actor, when we got home I had to put the biggest fake smile on my face and pretend I did really well. Well, I did good in my opinion but compared to the others in my batch group I was the weakest, chances are I'm not gonna get in. Couldn't let my family know that, they have so much faith in me and it would kill me to see the disappointed looks on their faces. 

"I bet you did great _____ ! " Dad exclaimed.

I smiled, "You know what? I'm tired, I'm going to bed."

I quickly walked upstairs before the guilt inside me killed me. I looked in the mirror, "HA! I can't believe you actually thought you had a chance of getting in." I said to my reflection with disgust. That's when the tears came rolling down, until now I hadn't realised how much I wanted to be a trainee.

  I cried for what seemed like hours and went down stairs to get some dinner, we were having a Korean inspired dinner. Even though it was just bulgogi and kimchi, I was amused that my mum went to the trouble to make this. I sat down at the table and we all started eating, it wasn't as good as the one I had at the restaurant but it was edible. 

"Better get used to this type of food, you'll be having it every night in Korea." Dad beamed.

My smile faded, "Oh, yeah.." I said trying to sound as happy as I could be.

We ate in silence they could tell something was wrong, but they just thought I was still nervous from the auditions.

  A couple weeks later I got a letter in the mail, from who? You guessed it, Cube Entertainment. I sighed, the truth had to come out sooner or later. Mum saw me holding the letter in my hand and even picked up my little sister from school to hear the verdict. Great, just great. I thought. When my little sister was home all of us made our way to the dining room. I opened the letter with a shaky hand. I gasped.

"What is it?!" They all screamed.

"I.. I.. Didn't get in." I sagged with disappointment. 

The room went silent.