Paradise

Last One Standing

As soon as the bus engine turned off, everyone ran out of the bus, and large crowds formed in front of the school. More buses pulled up and more and more students got out. If I wasn't holding Dongwoon's arm I would've gotten lost in the sea of students.

Dongwoon pointed towards the building, "Shall we go inside?"

I nodded, smiling. I was so excited!

We walked through the front doors and everything was clean and pristine, from the lockers to the ground, the doors, everything just had a classy feeling. The hallways were soon filled with students and I was getting pushed, shoved and touched in inappropriate places. I told Dongwoon to walk faster but he didn't hear me.

There was a scratching and tapping over the wall speakers, "Attention students, make your way to the main hall for class allocations."

I smiled, but then it quickly disappeared, how were we meant to find the main hall with all these people? I was short so i couldn't really see any signs, *sigh*. Even Dongwoon as tall as he is had to stand on his tippy toes to the the sign, there was that much people.

We headed towards two wooden doors and a sign above them indicated that we were in the right place, it read "Main Hall".

The doors swung open and there were rows and rows and rows of chairs. I swear there were like 500 chairs or something. Dongwoon and I sat next to Sandara, who was sitting next to the girl that bumped into me at the airport.

"Annyeong" Dongwoon and I both said cheerfully to them both.

Sandara smiled, "Annyeong". The other girl just looked at us and tried to give us a friendly smile.

"Students, Students, STUDENTS!" The room went dead silent, "Welcome to a new school year" Mrs Lee began, "We have many new students attending this year and we welcome you all. If you don't know already how the school system works, I will explain now. Everyone gets to choose 1 major and 2 minors, the rest of the classes you have to attend are compulsory, they include Maths, English, Science, and Study of Social Environment, also known as SOSE. Your homeroom classes will now be called out, listen for your names everyone.” Mrs Lee gave a large smile and sat back down in her seat and watched as the teachers started reading out names.

“I’m Mr Park, I am the Science teacher here.” He said in such a monotone voice. Then he started calling out the names in his class. “Kim Hyuna, Kim Myungsoo, Park Bom, Ok Taecyeon, Lee Kikwang,” The names went on and on I rolled my eyes.

“This is going to take forever, kill me now.” I said to Dongwoon sarcastically.

He winked at me, and didn’t reply, he was listening for his name.

After Mr Park’s class had all been called out they all stood up and went to their classroom to get timetables, I think.

The next teacher stood up from her seat, she was really pretty. “I’m Miss Lee, not Mrs Lee okay guys?” She said smiling. “If you want you can just call me Miss Hyori to not get confused with Headmistress.” She gave a wink, and started reading out the names, “the people in my class are Son Dongwoon, Choi Minho, Choi Gina, Lee Kiseop, Yang Yoseob, Jung Jessica, Lee Jieun, ______,” As soon as I heard my name I sighed. I was in the same class as Kiseop, ew, but then again I was in the same class as Dongwoon.

Was this going to be Paradise or Hell?