Replay

Last One Standing

It was almost the same as the first time around, the building, the butterflies in my stomach, except this time there was only me in the waiting room. Mum started rubbintg my shoulder, "It'll be okay".

"______ it's time to go inside."

I stood up and my legs literally felt like jelly. I walked through the doors into the room, there were more judges then last time, I tried to avoid eye contact but there was a familiar young boy.

"Ki.. Kiseop?" I whispered quietly to myself.

He looked up and we locked eyes, I could see the sudden relisation of who I was in his eyes. He remembered. It had been such a long time, since then.. Before I could remember anymore I heard a distinct clearing of a throat.

"Are you going to audition or just stand there?" Asked Kiseop.

Well, he was still the same, I think. "Oh.. Oh yeah. Sorry." I muttered.

They played some music and I was caught off guard, this wasn't MY music.

"Uh.. Excuse me, but this isn't the music I chose."

"We know, since this is your second time auditioning we wanted to challenge you and make you think of something on the spot."

I shrugged, fair enough, they did have a point. I closed my eyes and listened to the beat of the music, and then something just came over me, I started dancing freely, kicking and twirling and even a little bit of flips.

After what seemed like forever the music stopped, I was so tired I don't think I could've sung anything not even Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

"You ready?" The man asked.

"Ready? For what?" I answered, slightly confused.

He laughed, "To catch the first plane tomorrow morning to Korea, of course."

It took me a minute to try and get what he was saying, "KOREA?! You mean I'm going to become a trainee?"

"Yes."

I started crying, right there in front of them all, I didn't care if my makeup smudged, this was the happiest day of my life.