Auditons

Last One Standing

The months passed as days and before I knew it, it was audition day. I stepped out of mums car and looked up at the tall building before me. There were butterflies in my stomach and my excitement soon turned into nervousness.

When we walked into the building my heart sank. There were so many people here, my chances of getting accepted were 1 in 5000. I let out a sigh, mum noticed and gave me some words of encouragement.

"Sweetie, don't worry, just be yourself and you will win them over."

 I forced a smile, "it's not as easy as that mum."

We sat down next to a pretty Korean girl and her mum, they were arguing over something.

  "Mum, I'm not stretching, okay?!"

 "Hyuna, don't be stubborn now! You might hurt yourself when your dancing and when that happens it's over."  

"I'll stretch when I get in the room, okay?!" Hyuna snapped back.

 Hyuna's mum sagged in defeat, "Okay."

I tuned out of the argument, thank god mum and I weren't like that. I was thinking about the choreography for my dance when a tall slim man walked out of one of the rooms. 

"Attention everyone! The auditions will be commencing now. First batch group of people are, Kim Hyuna,  ______, Choi Gina, Lee Kikwang and Son Dongwoon."

  I took a deep breath and stood up, this is it, don't stuff it up now I said to myself. Mum stood up and gave me a big hug, she mouthed the words "Good Luck" as I was about to go into the room.

"Everyone stand in a line near that side of the room." The man from before said. "This is the order of the auditions, "Lee Kikwang, Choi Gina, ______, Son Dongwoon and Kim Hyuna."

Kikwang started stretching and jumping, warming his body up, so did Hyuna and Gina, while me and Dongwoon just stood nervously.

"You nervous? I sure am." Dongwoon asked.

"I'm more then nervous, I'm scared." I replied shakily. 

He was just about to say something when the man started talking again, "Okay, time to start, Lee Kikwang your up."

  I kinda spaced out at that moment, I was thinking about me going home, saying to my family that I didn't make it, the disappointment in their eyes, these people were really serious about this.

"_____, hello? ____"The man was waving a hand in my face, "it's your turn."

I stood up shakily, luckily for me Dongwoon helped regain my balance, I nodded and smiled. He was cute, like so cute, but then I snapped back into reality, it was my turn. They played my music and it kinda took over me, I started dancing, some bits of the choreography was graceful them it would turn into more technical moves. After my dance I had to sing, I chose the song Halo by Beyonce. When I finished I sat back down, satisfied with my performance. 

"Ha! Pathetic try hard." I heard Hyuna whisper to Gina.

"You got that right." Gina replied with a sly smirk. 

My eyes started to water but I held the tears back. Breathe _____ breathe, I said to myself. After Hyuna's audition we were escorted outside back to the waiting room, I saw my mum and ran towards her.

"How did it go?" She asked excited.

"It was.. Okay, I guess." I replied half heartedly. 

"I'm positive you'll get in!" She said trying to lighten the mood. 

I forced a smile, "Yeah in my dreams" I said under my breath.

I know this chapter might be a bit boring but it'll get interesting as it goes on. :)