003

Hear Me Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]03[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Thank-you[/CONTENTID2]
[CONTENTID3]"Since the necklace is really important to you, I think a thank-you is needed."[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

Baekhyun followed his teacher to the room. "Are you feeling ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm good. Why do you ask?" She opened the door and let him in.

"Because of the thing that happened yesterday."

"Oh, that ert? Come on... it wasn't like he me or something..."

"That's harassment, anyway..." He whispered, moving his hand on the wall.

She looked at him and smiled. "You are really cute..." 

He covered his cheek and dropped his eyes. It was weird how he acted childishly around her. He was Byun Baekhyun. The whole school knew him as an intelligent, strong, and savage angel-like student, and bullies were afraid of him. Then why was he like a baby with Shin Joohyun? "S-so... why am I here?"

"Haven't you lost something?"

"Um... no?"

She took something from her drawer and held it in the air. "You sure?" She sat on the edge of her desk. "Byun Baekhyun?"

He looked at her, and his eyes widened at the sight of the necklace. "Oh, it's my necklace!" He ran to her and pulled his hand to get it, but she moved it away. 

"Students said this is important to you..." She whispered. "You got to take care of it more."

He lowered his head. "I know." 

She stood in front of him. "Do you know how you must take care of a precious necklace?"

He looked at her again. "How?"

She took a step towards him. "You don't keep it in your pocket," She tiptoed, wrapping her hands around his neck and putting the necklace on it. "You wear it."

He gulped. For some seconds, he could even feel her breath, and at the moment, he perfume was making him feel drunk- even though he hadn't been drunk up to that day. "Y-Yes, Ms. Shin."

She smiled. "You can go to your class."

Baekhyun nodded and walked to the exit. He opened the door and looked back at her. She was leaning on her desk, checking her phone. His mouth opened to mumble a thank-you, but he couldn't make a voice; so he just left silently.

Joohyun turned to the door and tilted her head. "Couldn't he just say a simple thank-you? Kids these days..." She took her bag to go home since she didn't have a class. 

■■■

Baekhyun loosened his tie to put the necklace under his shirt. He didn't like wearing it before, but now he kind of felt like it was better to wear it. He stopped in front of the class door to fix his tie and collar, then knocked and stepped in the class when Mr. Shin gave him permission. "Ms. Shin asked me to-"

"Yeah, I received her message," Mr. Shin showed him his phone. "You can take a seat, Baekhyun."

"Thank you, sir..." He went to his seat and took out his Korean literature's book. 

"So, today, we are going to read a poem by Seo Jung Ju in this lesson," Hyoseop said, holding his book in hands. "Miss Kang, tell me what you know about him?"

Seulgi stood up, biting her lower lip. "What should I say, sir?"

He thought for a second. "What is his pen name?"

"Uh... um..." She looked at Chaeyoung. Her eyes were asking for help. "Well, his pen name is..."

"I told you to read about him for this session, didn't I?" He looked at Yoongi, whose head was on the desk. "Min Yoongi?" No answers. "Min Yoongi!"

"Yoongi, wake up!" Jongdae shook his body. 

"Huh? What the is your problem, Kim Jongdae? You never let me sleep! Why don't you just shut up?"

"Ok, but Mr. Shin is calling you."

"Really?" He stood up. "Yes, sir?"

"I'm sorry for disturbing your sleep," Students laughed. "I just want to know if you know what Seo Jung Ju's pen name is?"

"Seo Jung ju? Ah... it is... Aha! Midang!" He said.

"Great," He said. "Now... what is he known for?"

"Um... I don't know..." He rubbed his sleepy eyes.

"May I say?" 

"Lee Dahyun?" He turned to her.

"Seo Jung Ju is the founding father of modern korean poetry..." She said and then turned to Yoongi. "Hope you had a nice sleep..." She whispered. 

"Shut it..." He whispered to her.

"Jung Wheein, start reading."

"Yes." She stood up.

While Wheein was reading the peom and Mr. Shin was discussing it, Baekhyun was thinking about his biology teacher. The way she put the necklace around his neck. He swore he had never been that close to a teacher, except for the day Mr. Kim hugged him since he had won first place in the math olympiad. Remembering how she tiptoed to reach his height made him smile. She used to wore high heels. What happened?

"Byun Baekhyun?"

He raised his head. "Yes, sir?"

"Please continue."

"Huh?" He looked at his sister. She opened and whispered the line number, but he didn't get it. "What?" He mumbled.

"Baekhyun, weren't you listening?" Mr. Shin asked.

"Uh, I... I was... I just got distracted for some moments," He whispered. "Sorry."

"The fourth part," The teacher said. "Even though I..."

"Oh... yes," Baekhyun cleared his throat. "Even though I may flow as dark water thousands of feet below the earth, or fly as high as a cloud upon the Tusita sky. Wouldn't it still be beside you, Young Master?" He read.

"So in this part..." He continued teaching.

■■■

"Baekhyun-ah..." Byulyi called. "What is it?" She asked, sitting next to her brother. "My lovely brother is too quiet since yesterday..." 

"It's nothing..." He moved the pencil on his notebook, pretending that he was studying. "Really, Byul."

She tilted her head. "You've got a crush on someone, isn't it?" She teased.

"No..."

"Isn't it?" She mumbled again and he didn't answer. "It is, isn't it? Who is she?"

"No one! Are you crazy?!" He almost shouted.

"Ah... so it is," She concluded. "Ok, tell me whenever you are ready." 

He turned to her and stood up. "I said it's nothing!" He pushed her on the bed and posed as if he was going to punch her. She just smiled at him, making her brother frown. "You used to get scared of this..."

"I know you won't hurt me," She said. "Because I'm your sister..." 

He dropped his fist. "Right," He whispered. "You are my one and only sister."

Her eyes moved down to his body, planning to tickle his sides, but she noticed something. "Wow... you found it?"

Baekhyun looked at his necklace. "Oh... right. I found it at school," He sat on the bed, and Byulyi sat up as well. "I thought having it around my neck would be safer."

She nodded. "How did you find it? Where was it?"

"Um..." He hummed, not sure if he had to tell her or not. There had never been a secret between them. "Well..." He started. "Ms. Shin found it for me."

"You've told her about the necklace? When?" She asked.

"Um... I think Jihyo or... someone from 12B has told her," He ran his fingers through his hair. "You know, I didn't thank her properly... you think I have to?"

She shrugged. "I don't know, it depends on you... but since the necklace is really important to you, I think a thank-you is needed."

"I think so..." He said. "So what can I do? Buy her something? Like a book?"

"Why don't you invite her over for dinner?" They turned to the door and grinned when they saw their aunt there.

"When did you come back?" Baekhyun asked.

"Just now," She showed them the keys. "Were you talking about your teacher?"

"Yes. Our biology teacher," Byulyi replied. "But I think dinner is too much, she is young and... gosh! If someone finds out at school, they might get the wrong idea."

Hyojoo nodded. "If she's young, then... you are right, so... do you know what she likes or needs? I'll lend you money."

"Really?" He smiled. "I think I know what to buy."

■■■

"Here you are," Baekhyun gave the money to the storekeeper. 

He counted the money carelessly. Not a lot of people used cash, so he didn't like to spend time on it. Besides, he knew Baekhyun well and trusted him. "Ok," He put the money aside. "Have a nice day..."

Baekhyun walked out alongside his friend, Kyungsoo. "Why did you buy this? It's a heavy book to be read during the last year of school. We must focus on our own studies and books. Biology and physics are hard enough. Why do you want to tire yourself?"

"If your speech is done, I got to say that it is not mine. It's a gift."

"Oh..." He hummed. "For whom?"

"Someone..." He responded simply. 

"Aha... someone," He nodded. "Who is that someone?"

"A person who helped me in something," He tried to explain.

"In what?" He created a new question.

"In... ..." He shut his eyes. "Kyungsoo, aren't you going to Seoul to meet your girlfriend?"

He shook his head. "No," He grinned. "She will come to meet me, and... also her family."

"Then stop asking questions and just go get prepared!" He said. "How is that?"

"I don't want to leave my friend alone," He grinned wider. 

"Look," Baekhyun breathed deeply. "I don't have a girlfriend. And as we have promised, if I ever start to have feelings for a girl and want to confess and date her, you'll be the first one to know, even before Byulyi."

He nodded. "That's it. I'll go home. Fighting!" He walked to the other side of the street.

Baekhyun started walking slowly, making different scenarios for giving the gift. "It's really awkward..."

■■■

Joohyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter