001

Hear Me Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]01[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]12C[/CONTENTID2]
[CONTENTID3]"A class with Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun in it, what in world is worse than that?"[/CONTENTID3]
[CONTENTID4]

The student walked in the hallway silently with his bag on one of his shoulders. The hallway was quiet and empty. It was a sign that the classes had started already. He stood behind the door of the classroom and listened at the voices coming. It wasn't a familiar voice... as he had checked with his friend, who was in the class, they should have had biology with Mr. Tae. He opened the door and walked to his desk without a glance at the woman who was standing in front of the board. 

"Young man," The woman called. 

He raised his head. His eyes widened at the sight of the lady in front of him. She was young and extremely beautiful. He smiled unconsciously. "M-Me?"

"Yes..." She whispered. "What's your name?"

"Uh," He pressed his lips together. What was that? It seemed like he had lost the ability to make sensible words. "Umm..."
 
"Was that question too difficult that you're thinking about it?" She asked, making the class burst into laughter. 

"He is Byun Baekhyun, Ms. Shin," Lee Dahyun, the class president, said after raising a hand. 

She nodded. "Mr. Byun, this year is the last year that you are studying at school as a student. Haven't your previous teachers taught you to knock before stepping into a room?"

He frowned and took his book out. "I thought our class hadn't started since I couldn't hear Mr. Tae's voice."

His friend covered his face with his book to whisper to him. "She is our teacher..."

"What?!" He asked loudly.

The woman closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I think I have to introduce myself again..." She walked towards the students. "I'm Shin Joohyun, your biology teacher for your last year. I hope we can have a meaningful class together."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Nice to meet you, Ms. Shin..." He said as if it was a joke.

She walked to his desk and put a hand on his chair. "Go out, close the door, knock, and then walk in."

The whole class gasped.

"Huh?" He looked up at her.

"Do as I said, Mr. Byun..." She crossed her arms. 

He stood up. "But this is really childish!"

"It's not, do it," She looked into his eyes straight.

"Fine..." He made his way to the door and closed the door behind. He knocked on the door, but she didn't answer. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow and knocked again. "May I come in, Ms. Shin?"

"Yes, please come in," She walked back to her place. Baekhyun walked in and sat down on his chair. "Let's start our lesson. The first chapter of the book is named the nervous system. Can you tell me about the general parts of the nervous system?" Some students raised their hands. "Class president..."

Dahyun stood up. "The nervous system contains our brain, spinal cord, and nerves."

"Correct..."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and put his head on the book. "That stupid..."

"Mr. Byun, please sit properly," Joohyun said. 

The boy raised his head and leaned on his chair, looking at the teacher poker-faced.

■■■

Joohyun got out of the class after responding to some of the questions students had. "Joohyun unnie!" 

She smiled when she saw her tall friend walking to her. "Sooyoung!" She laughed. "How are you?"

"I'm much better now that you are going to teach here!" She said. "Students! Do not walk around in your sports clothes!" She shouted.

"Yes, Ms. Park!"

"Being a physical education teacher is much fun, isn't it?" She asked. 

Sooyoung smiled widely. "It's fun, but way more tiring... like you don't just talk, this needs a lot of physical work. Although some people think it's childish."

"Childish..." She nodded. "Do you know Byun Baekhyun?"

"Baekhyun is my best student. He is such a talented boy. It's sad that he doesn't like to become an athlete."

"Why?"

She shrugged. "He wants to be a pediatrician, but... I've never asked about his grades. Is he good at his studies?"

The shorter girl crossed her arms, hugging the folders in her hand. "I don't know, I should ask sunbae and my oppa about it..."

■■■

"Baekhyun-ah, why were you late?" Kyungsoo sat on the chair in front of him. "Huh?"

"I didn't want to come at all," He said. "My aunt forced me." 

"Yeah, he didn't even bother to wake up," His twin sister sat on his desk. "You know what, Baek? Just drop out."

"What do you mean drop out?" A girl with Bob hair pulled her chair to him and sat next to Baekhyun. "He has the brain! Look at his grades. He must study..."

He smiled. "Jeongyeon is better than my own sister. That's why I don't like you," He pushed his sister, so she jumped on her feet. 

"What the ?! I just want us to save money. You know how hard auntie works for us, right?" She asked but noticed her brother wasn't listening. 

"What is he doing?" He stood up to have a better view of the yard.

"That is Park Chanyeol and his gang, nothing new..." A boy who was eating his sandwich said.

"Jongdae," Baekhyun called. "Is he bullying someone again?"

He bit his sandwich. "Yup. A new student in our class. What was the name? Uh..."

"I don't care!" He ran out of the class.

"You are literally searching for trouble, Byun!" Byulyi ran behind him, and others followed. 

"Yah!" Jongdae shouted. "Baekhyun never lets me eat something in peace. Ah, why?!" He cried as he put his sandwich in his bag to follow him.

■■■

"What was your name again? Son Seungwan?" He walked closer. "Huh?"

She stepped back. "Y-yeah..."

"What do you have in your wallet?" A girl asked.

"N-nothing..."

"Give it to me," Another girl said. "Give it to me!" She grabbed the wallet and opened it. "Oh... you seem rich."

She shook her head. "It's for my entire month, please..."

He laughed. "Then-"

"Yah! Park Chanyeol!"

The boy turned to the voice only to meet Baekhyun with his friends standing behind him. "Oh... Byun Baekhyun! Long time no see, troublemaker! I missed you!"

"Well, I didn't miss you at all, bully," He crossed his arms. "I see you've started bullying in the very first day of academic year."

"Bully? Ha! We are just making new friends! She is a new student and knows no one..."

"Then why are you holding her wallet and money, Chaeng?" Byulyi asked.

"Friends have to help each other, right?" The other girl stepped forward. "Seungwannie was lending her some -"

"You shut up, Kang Seulgi!" Kyungsoo cut her sentence, making her roll her eyes. 

"How dare you?!" Sehun grabbed his collar and hit him hard.

"You hit my best friend?" Baekhyun punched him in face, and the fight began. It was a normal sight in the school. Two gangs had been sworn enemies since tenth grade, even though students saw B gang -Baekhyun gang- as the angels gang and C gang -Chanyeol's gang- as the evil gang. 

■■■

"Sunbaenim! Junmyeon sunbae!" Joohyun called.

"Oh... here is my hobae..." He chuckled as he checked his students list. He sighed deeply. "Nice. I have to stand 12C during math class again, hello troubleandtime." 

"You got all 12th grade again," Sooyoung looked through his papers. 

"Hm... I had a class with 12C," Joohyun sat next to him. "Are they that bad?"

"A class with Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun in it, what in world is worse than that?" He asked.

"Byun Baekhyun... is he good at studying?"

"He is a genius!"

Their eyes widened. "Seriously?"

"Yes. He is a genius in math and... physics, as Minho has told me. About chemistry... um... Yoonah!"

The teacher walked to them. "Yes?" She saw Joohyun and smiled wider. "Oh, hello! You must be the new teacher for biology, Hyoseop's younger sister."

"I am..." She bowed her head shyly. "Nice to meet you."

"I'm Lim Yoonah, chemistry teacher-"

"And Principal Lee's wife," Junmyeon said like a brat and made the other ladies giggle. "Yoonah, how is 12C's Byun Baekhyun in chemistry?"

"Baekhyun... he is good. Yeah, acceptable. I mean more than acceptable. He is not that fascinating, like he is in math and physics, but good," She said. "Though Byulyi, his twin sister is such a talented girl. She memorized the whole periodic table in one week last year."

"Oh, wow..." She nodded. "Do you know about biology?"

"Why are you so curious about him?" Sooyoung asked all of a sudden.

"Same question here," Junmyeon said. 

"I... I don't know. He came late this morning-"

"Byun Baekhyun came late?!" Yoonah asked in shock.

"Impossible!" Sooyoung covered his mouth.

"What are you doing there, you brats?!" Lee Junho, the principal, shouted and ran out of the teacher's room. 

"What's wrong?" Joohyun stood up and walked to the window. 

Junmyeon took his cup and leaned back. "I can say it's B vs C with eyes closed."

"What?"

"Baekhyun gang VS. Chanyeol gang," Yoonah said. "I agree that he is a brilliant student, but I can't deny the fact that he is a real troublemaker."

"At least he is good at studying... I don't know the reason why Chanyeol attends the school..." Choi Minho, the physics teacher, said.

"Same here, brother," Junmyeon drank his coffee. "Oh... my tongue got burned."

■■■

"Why can't you just come to school and study?" Junho asked as he put his hands in his pockets. "It's the first day of the new academic year for God's sake! Just..." He sighed. "Baekhyun... you are one of the best students of this high school! Why do you do this? You have to be a role model for your hobaes!"

He lowered his head. "I don't want to be a role model. I've told you before when you asked me to become school's image."

The principal rolled his eyes. "And you, Park Chanyeol! School's basketball team's captain, huh?!" He crossed his arms. "You both are important to our school! Why are you destroying your images in others' minds?"

"Principal Lee," Jeongyeon raised her hand. 

"What is it, Miss Yoo?"

"Can we leave? We have PE class," She tilted her head. "Please..."

"No," He said and walked to them. "You are the wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter