002

Hear Me Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]02[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Lost[/CONTENTID2]
[CONTENTID3]"I've heard from sunbae that you are a great student."[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

Baekhyun searched through his things for the third time that day. He put his bag on his bed and ran out of his room. "Auntie?"

"Yes?" She replied as she cut the carrots. 

"Have you seen my necklace? I can't find it."

She frowned. "Necklace?"

"My dad's necklace, the one I have with me everywhere... it seems like it has vanished!" He searched through his laundries. 

"You may have lost it somewhere, maybe school?" Byluyi walked in the kitchen with a phone in her hand. "Auntie Hyojoo, someone wants to speak to you." 

She let go of the carrots and got the phone. "Oh... Mr. Lee!" She stood up all of a sudden. "Yes. I know," She bowed repeatedly.  "Yeah, yeah..."

"What is she doing?"

"Don't you know? It's her mean boss, Lee Hyukjae..." 

"Why doesn't he leave her alone?" Baekhyun asked as he looked through the laundries. "Should I go to kindergarten and teach him a lesson?"

"Just shut up... ninety percent of the days we have gone to school, you were in the principal's room because of your stupid dids. I won't run to police station for you, got it?"

"Fine..." He mumbled and took the dirty clothes. "I'll go to wash these at self-service laundry."

She ran to her room and came back immediately. "Wash these too," She put more clothes in the basket with a smile. "Please..."

"Ok..."

"Come home soon, we want to have dinner."

He rolled his eyes. "Ok!"

■■■

Baekhyun was sitting on the chair as he stared at the big washing machine. Suddenly, someone put the clothes on the table and sat in front of him. He turned to her, and his eyes widened. "Ms. Shin?"

She looked at him and frowned, probably wondering where she had seen him before. "Ah..." She smiled. "Class 12C?"

"Yes," He stood up and bowed. "I'm Byun Baekhyun."

"I recognized you," She said. "Do you live nearby?"

He sat down again. "Yes, I live at the third street."

Joohyun nodded. "My house is at the fifth street," He nodded and looked away, but she turned his face to herself. "The wound on your face is healing..." She searched for something in her handbag. "Here... take this cream. Use it every night, so it will fade away completely."

Baekhyun shook his head and bowed again. "It's not needed, Ms. Shin..."

"Oh, come on..." She took his hand and placed the cream in his palm. "You have to take care of your skin."

"Thanks," He put the cream inside his jackets pocket and lowered his head.

"Are you studying well?" She tilted her head to see his face. "Hmm? Baekhyun?"

He chuckled. "It's just the first week."

"But next week, you will be given a multiple choice test; it is about your eleventh year. Get ready for it."

"Why are you telling me this?" He asked.

"Because I've heard from sunbaenim that you are a great student."

"Sorry, but who is that sunbaenim?" He tilted his head. 

"Uh, I meant your mathematics teacher, Mr. Kim," She shook her head as she giggled. "I call him like that since our university days..."

He nodded. "Mr. Kim is too kind to me. I'm not that great..." He looked at the empty washing machine and turned to her. "You can use first."

She waved her hand in the air. "No, no, no. You have to study, you need your time. I can wait."

"Thanks," Baekhyun took the basket and walked to the machine. He opened the door and put the laundry inside. After turning on the washing machine, he looked back at his teacher, who was staring at her phone. She was pouting her lips, which was too cute for a woman in her age. "Cute..." He said but immediately covered his mouth. "What the f..." He whispered and tried to focus on the clothes that were being washed. 

"Hey!" He jumped at the sudden call. "This one is empty now. I guess I won't be waiting too long..." Joohyun opened the other washing machine's door and threw her clothes in. "Yes!" She giggled and pressed some buttons. 

"It's good..." Baekhyun looked away. Ms. Shin was scary at school, but in real life, she acted like a teenager. He turned to her again as he put his hands in his pockets. She seemed really sweet. 

■■■

They walked side by side slowly. Baekhyun waited for her so they could go home together, saying it was getting dark and she shouldn't be alone. He could still remember her laughter at the self-service laundry when he told her that. It was understandable. He was just a high-schooler. 

"Oh... look at this," She stopped in front of a shop, making him stop walking too.

"What is that?" He asked, looking at the bookstore.

"It's just... Mr. Min has finally brought my favorite book," She said excitedly. "Oh, I'm so happy."

"So, why don't you buy it now?"

"Uhm... it can wait," She turned to him with a smile. "You know, this month my salary has to be spent on another subject." 

"Why?" She bit her lower lip, making Baekhyun realize that it wasn't a good question to be asked from his teacher. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to be rude."

"It's ok..."

Baekhyun noticed a man standing behind Joohyun. He frowned a little and looked at him. He was standing there for some moments now. The man put something in his pocket and started walking away. "Hey, mister!" Baekhyun put his basket on the table which was in front of the shop. "Stop!" He ran after him and grabbed his hand. "Mister, I'm talking to you."

"Oh, me?" The man turned to him. "What is it?"

"Give me your phone, please."

Joohyun walked to them and put a hand on her student's shoulder. "What is it?"

"Why should I?" The man asked. 

"I said give me your phone, you ert!" He shouted, holding his hand in front of him. "Hurry, or I'll call the police."

"What is wrong, Baekhyun?" She asked. 

"Just let me handle this..." He said. "Hurry up!"

"H-here..." He unlocked his cellphone and handed it to him. 

Baekhyun tapped the gallery app and went to the camera folder. "ert!"

The teacher gasped and covered . "What the hell?!" It was photos of her hips and legs. She was wearing a mini skirt but never thought someone could be shameless enough to take photos of her underwear secretly. 

Baekhyun deleted them all completely. "You bastard!" He grabbed his collar.

"I'm sorry..." The man pleaded. "Please!"

"You motherf*cker have no shame, huh? Huh?!" He pressed him to the wall next to the bookstore.

"I'm really sorry! Forgive me!" The man cried. "Ma'am, please ask your boyfriend to let me go!" Hearing his word, Baekhyun's heart skipped a beat, though he waited for his teacher's reaction.

Joohyun was too shocked that she didn't paid any attention to what he said to her, though automatically, she walked to them and shook Baekhyun's body. "Baekhyun-ah, let him go, I forgave him. The photos are all deleted. It's ok!"

He loosened his grip, and the man moved out of his hands. "Fine..." He turned to her. "Are you ok?"

"Yes," She smiled. "Let's go home."

He looked at the man, who was still staring at them with scared eyes. "Yah! ert! Don't you ever do that again!"

"Yes, yes. Ok!" The man ran away. 

Baekhyun took his basket. "erted people..."

"How did you realize? I didn't understand at all..." She said with a pout. 

"Once this happened to my aunt. She was really scared and felt unsafe to go out..." He mumbled. "Ms. Shin, don't wear short clothes... some men are really brazen."

She nodded. "Right..."

 

Baekhyun stopped at her door. "Um..." He bit his lower lip. "I got to go now."

She smiled. "Thank you for waiting for me at the self-service laundry and also... for that thing happened earlier."

"Don't mention it," He replied shyly. "You are my teacher, after all."

"Yeah, your teacher..." She chuckled. "How did that man refer to you? My boyfriend?" 

"Oh," He giggled. "He was really silly-"

"But I actually liked it."

"What?" He mumbled.

"The fact that I seem too young to be mistaken as my student's girlfriend. It made me happy."

"Ah, yeah..." He lowered his head. "Right."

"Don't you think so?" She cupped her own face with a hand. "Aren't I as young as a high school student?"

He looked at her with a smile. "You are both young and pretty."

"Oh..." Joohyun punched his shoulder slightly. "Thank you, even though these statements have no effect on my scoring..."

"I know," He said. "You are Mr. Shin's sister and Mr. Kim's hobae... I don't wonder if you are tough as a teacher."

She grinned. "Right..." She patted his shoulder. "Now go... your parents will be worried." 

"Yes..." He sighed. "Good night, Ms. Shin!" 

"Good night!" She went in.

■■■

"So, you haven't found a necklace looking like this?" Baekhyun asked, showing president of class 12B a picture in his phone. 

The girl shook her head. "I haven't seen this," She said. "But... if you want, I can ask my classmates to search again."

"I'd be grateful, Jihyo-ssi..." He put his phone in his pocket. "Because the fight took place right in front of your class."

"Yeah," She nodded. "It must be your mother's... we'll try to find it for you."

He smiled. "Thank you, Jihyo-ssi."

"It's all right," She said.

"I'll go now-"

"Baekhyun-ssi!" She called. "I have a question... um, I mean, there is a physics test from last year which I can't solve it. Would you please..."

"Oh, of course," He replied gladly. "I'll help you."

"Oh, thank you!"

 

Baekhyun walked out of their class and fixed his uni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter