A Picnic!

A Wish I Made

Kevin and Eli both headed out to the park later that evening for their picnic. Kevin had spent all day running around and trying to make all sorts of food for them to enjoy. Eli was able to dig out a blanket from one of the many boxes in the basement and Kevin was able to stop by his house to put on fresh clothes and clean himself up a little. Eli took the blanket and spread it out on the grass as Kevin unpacked the food from the bag he brought along. He started setting the dishes down along the blanket being careful not to tip any over.

 

“How much food did you make?” Eli asked staring at the endless containers that were being placed, “there's only two of us.”

 

Kevin smiled, “I wanted there to be a lot of variety. Plus then you can have some leftovers so you don't have to live off of pizza.”

 

“You made extra just for me?” Eli shook his head a little, “you didn't have to.”

 

“I wanted to. Kiseop never wants to try my cooking so it might be nice to have someone that really appreciates it. Besides, your kitchen isn't exactly accessible right now, and Dongho wanted to help a bit so he made cookies.”

 

“Are they poisoned?” Eli blinked.

 

Kevin giggled, “why would they be poisoned? He likes you more than he likes Kiseop.”

 

“I don't know, but I made you laugh,” Eli smiled, “so I guess that counts as something.”

 

Kevin blushed a little as he started making up a plate for Eli. He hasn't laughed like that in a long time. Especially not around Kiseop. What was happening to him?

 

They ate their meal together as Kevin heard many praises from Eli about how wonderful his cooking was. They watched the sun go down and the stars started coming out to play for the night. Kevin packed up the dishes when they were all done and set aside the ones for Eli to keep. He turned to see Eli lying on his back on the blanket looking up at the sky. He came over and lied next to him.

 

“For my first picnic, I really liked it,” Eli said looking over at Kevin.

 

Kevin smiled, “I'm glad. I had fun too. It was nice to spend time outside in nice weather.”

 

Eli smiled and looked back towards the night sky, “I always look at the stars at least once a night. They've never been like this before.”

 

“Like what?” Kevin asked puzzled as he stared at the sky too.

 

“Like a moment to remember. Maybe it's because I'm looking at them with you.”

 

Kevin blushed and covered his face with his hands. Was he trying to make me feel special or something?

 

They should make me feel special...

 

There you go again making things complicated brain! Eli would have to like me in order to do that. I'm pretty sure he just likes me as a friend. Or does he? Maybe he doesn't like girls. Maybe that's why he doesn't have a girlfriend. He did come on a picnic with me.. and he did let me stay at his house last night and borrow some clothes in sleep in. Plus he made me breakfast this morning and when I fell asleep in the park he carried me to his house.

 

Is it possible that he likes me? Wait.. what was that list?

 

Likes the color purple. Okay Eli has a purple blanket, that doesn't mean it's his favorite color. Fights monsters. He fought off Kiseop when he barely knew me and he didn't make fun of me when I got scared of the spider. Should only look at me. He rejected the popular girls to hang out with me. Smiles a lot. Well he does smile a lot, maybe he's just a happy guy. Should make me feel special. Which he just did. Always wants to give hugs to me. Well technically I hugged him so.. I don't think that counts. Will always be with me. That's what Kiseop said too...

 

Are you okay?”

 

Kevin jumped when he heard Eli's voice. He looked over, “oh I'm fine. Just thinking.”

 

About what?”

 

It's going to sound stupid.”

 

Try me. I'm curious.”

 

Kevin sighed, “a long time ago Dongho and I made a wish to find our perfect love. It happened when my parents were splitting up. Lately I've been remembering it and I don't know why.”

 

Maybe it'll come true.”

 

Kevin shrugged, “It hasn't yet so I won't hold my breath.”

 

Don't be so negative. It'll happen when you least expect it.”

 

Kevin smiled a bit, “yeah maybe you're right. So how come you're still single Eli? I know you said you didn't have a girlfriend because it never felt right.”

 

Eli shrugged, “just that. It never felt right. Plus I might've made a wish a long time ago too.”

 

Kevin punched his arm, “don't make fun of me! I was six!”

 

I wasn't. I was being serious.”

 

Kevin rolled his eyes, “I'm sure you were.”

 

Kevin could hear thunder in the distance meaning a storm was close. He quickly got up and started doing any last-minute packing up before getting Eli to help him with the blanket. The two of them quickly headed back to Eli's just as the rain hit. Kevin looked over at the clock and realized it was almost midnight and that they have been out for almost six hours. He finally started feeling the need to sleep catch up with him.

 

Eli,” he yawned, “is it okay if I go to sleep early? I know you had more planned, and I wanted to help you unpack but I'm too tired.”

 

Go get some sleep,” Eli nodded, “I can take care of things here.”

 

Kevin smiled and headed up the stairs, “don't hold the wish thing against me okay? I was six.”

 

Eli nodded. As Kevin rounded the corner to head to Eli's room he heard him mumble something.

 

Maybe I wished for you...”