Phone Call

A Wish I Made

After the arcade and ice cream everyone started going their separate ways to head back home. Dongho skipped happily beside Kevin since he was able to get his ice cream that day. Kevin found himself blankly staring at the scenery unable to concentrate on the conversation Dongho was having with him. He was hoping Kiseop would've called by now. He usually did.

 

Maybe he wants to break up with me. Kevin sighed and looked down trying not to cry. He didn't want to face that fact yet. He didn't want to believe that their relationship was going to end even though the signs had been showing themselves for quite a while.

 

They both entered the house and Dongho watched as Kevin just went up to his room without a word. Kevin shut his door, tossed his bag in the corner and flopped down on his bed. He was tired of feeling miserable all the time. He was tired of fighting with Kiseop. He was just tired.

 

He woke up a few hours later to his phone ringing. He glanced at the clock on the nightstand and discovered he'd been asleep for almost three hours. He didn't even remember falling asleep. He quickly scrambled across the room to his phone hoping it was Kiseop.

 

“Hello?” he answered.

 

“Kevin?” a voice he didn't recognize.

 

“Yes. Who's this?” he frowned.

 

“It's Eli.”

 

Kevin almost dropped the phone, “E-Eli? Um.. hi.”

 

“Hi. I didn't wake you up or something did I?”

 

“No,” he lied, “how did you get my number?”

 

“Oh from AJ. I hope that's okay.”

 

“Yeah that's fine. What's up?”

 

“Just wondering if you have any plans on this lovely Friday night?”

 

Was he asking me out? Kevin don't jump to conclusions. Maybe he just needs a friend. After all he did just move here and doesn't know anyone else.

 

“I don't have any plans,” he finally answered.

 

“Oh really? Well did you want to hang out? I need to get out of the house for a while and I don't really know this area very well.”

 

“Sure we can hang out. What's close to you that we can meet at?”

 

“Well there's a park near my house. Did you want to meet there?”

 

“Yeah. I'll be there. Half an hour?”

 

“Sounds good. See you.”

 

Kevin hung up. What did I just do? Okay calm down. It's just hanging out with him. It's not like a date. As far as you know Kiseop and you are still together.

 

He quickly got dressed and fixed his hair to make it look like he hadn't been sleeping. He then headed downstairs where he saw Dongho watching TV. He looked up when he heard footsteps.

 

“Ah so you finally decided to be with the living again. Welcome back,” he grinned.

 

Kevin laughed a little, “I'm going out.”

 

Dongho looked at him confused, “you're going out? With Kiseop again? Okay time for me to come up with another excuse of why you're out so late.”

 

Kevin shook his head, “I don't think I'll be out that late and plus it's Friday night. I'll be out with Eli.”

 

“Eli?” he echoed, “well I guess he's a lot better of a choice than Kiseop.”

 

“Dongho don't even start thinking it. Eli just wants someone to hang out with him since he doesn't know the area yet so that's why I'm going to meet him.”

 

“So you're only half-cheating on Kiseop then?” he joked.

 

Kevin rolled his eyes, “okay I'm going.”

 

He quickly left the house before Dongho could spurt another remark. He started down the sidewalk feeling the night air on his skin. It reminded him of the night Dongho and him made a wish all those years ago. Sadly he couldn't remember anything he wrote down since the memory faded with time.

 

Oh well. It probably won't come true anyways. It was nice as a kid to believe it.

 

He slipped his hands into his pockets when he reached the edge of the park and sat down on one of the benches as he slowly scanned the area trying to see if Eli had arrived yet. There was no sign of him but then again Kevin arrived a little early. He leaned his had back looking up at the night sky and closed his eyes feeling sleep overtake him again.