Locked Out

A Wish I Made

Kevin woke up later that day. He hated when he cried himself to sleep since it made his eyes look red and puffy. He looked over to the floor where he saw Eli was still asleep. He felt a little sad. It was his last day at Eli's and as much as he was excited to go home and see Dongho, part of him didn't want to leave.

 

He thought back to a few hours ago when he was in the kitchen crying and remembered Eli's touch on his skin. It was so gentle. Kiseop's touch never felt like that. He was also surprised at how Eli didn't make fun of him for crying. He smiled a little to himself.

 

Maybe I'm falling for Eli... he thought, but I can't. I'm with Kiseop... but Eli makes me feel happy. I don't know what to do. I have to talk to Dongho about this. He'll know what to do.

 

He got up and started to get dressed doing his best to be quiet, then he headed downstairs to the front door. Once outside he was greeted by the cool morning air touching his skin. The sun was still low in the sky as it was still early in the morning and he could hear birds chirping as he headed through the park. His shoes got soaked from the dew on the grass. Finally he saw his house come into view and he quickly headed over to it and up the driveway. He was surprised to see Dongho sitting on the porch with his head down.

 

“Dongho, I'm sorry. I got here as fast as I could,” he said slightly out of breath, “you didn't have to wait outside for me.”

 

Dongho looked up, “actually I locked myself out. No one is home so I had to sit out here and wait.”

 

“How long have you been locked out for?” Kevin asked slightly concerned.

 

“Not too long. An hour maybe?” Dongho shrugged, “you worry too much. If it had been last night, I would've gone over to Soohyun's. Besides you woke me up last night.”

 

“Oh yeah...,” Kevin replied awkwardly, “sorry about that. I was sort of having a meltdown.”

 

“Yeah I know. About Eli.”

 

Kevin covered his face with his hands, “I'm sorry you had to hear about it.”

 

Dongho shrugged, “you were having a freakout. It's understandable. Although I think your mind likes to play tricks on you.”

 

“I had a good reason to flip out though,” Kevin argued, “like I told you, the list I made pretty much matches him in some way or another.”

 

Dongho raised an eyebrow, “so what are you going to do? Break up with Kiseop? Then what? What if Eli turns out to be just as bad as him?”

 

Kevin sighed and sat down, “I don't know. I don't want to break up with Kiseop. I still love him...”

 

“But you like Eli too don't you? You wouldn't have called me if you didn't.”

 

“Eli's different. He's a lot different from Kiseop, but I can't be with him anyways.”

 

Dongho frowned a little, “somebody's pessimistic. Why not?”

 

“I don't know. Something's stopping me. I figure it's probably for the best anyways if that's happening.”

 

“It could just be fear.”

 

Kevin shook his head, “no it isn't. I don't know what it is, but something just seems off with Eli.”

 

“You're just paranoid Kev. Unlock the door so we can both go inside and then you can get some more sleep.”

 

“So you don't believe me?”

 

“I didn't say that. Whatever is holding you back is an internal struggle. I can't help you with that. You have to do it on your own. As for Eli, it's probably the fact you don't want to cause an uproar of drama since you'd be breaking up with Kiseop to be with him. So your mind is trying to come up with reasons to stay away from Eli even though there isn't anything wrong.”

 

Kevin stuck his key in the lock and turned it until a click was heard, indicating the door was now unlocked, “I hate conflict. You know that.”

 

“Maybe Eli can beat him up again for you?” Dongho suggested as they both stepped into the house and shut the door behind them.

 

“Not what I was thinking at all.”

 

“I'm just sad I missed it.”

 

Kevin rolled his eyes, “it wasn't anything major. Just ask Hoon or AJ. They were right there.”

 

“I know. I was there at the arcade remember?”

 

“Fair enough.”

 

Kevin headed upstairs to his room since he felt the wave of tiredness washing over him. He hadn't been home in two days and his room started to feel strange to him. He lied down and closed his eyes but couldn't fall asleep. His mind wandered to Eli. He felt bad for leaving and not saying anything, but he didn't want to wake him up either.

 

Maybe I'll call him later or something, I can always see him at school tomorrow.