Something Unexpected

A Wish I Made

Kevin woke up some time later to discover he was in a bed that was not his own. He was in a room that was also not his own. He panicked a little and tried to get out of the bed but got tangled in the sheets which sent him crashing to the floor. He heard footsteps approaching only seconds later.

 

The door opened and he looked up to see Eli standing there. He went red and tried to cover his face.

 

“Hey are you okay?” Eli knelt down.

 

Kevin nodded still hiding his face, “I fell asleep again didn't I?”

 

“Yeah. So after making sure you weren't dead I brought you to my house since I don't know where yours is.”

 

He dropped his hands and looked up at him, “y-you carried me here? I'm sorry I must've been so heavy!”

 

Eli shook his head, “not at all. Quite the opposite actually. I probably could've carried you all night.”

 

He blushed. The first time he got carried by a guy and he's asleep! Kiseop would never carry him anywhere. He always complained that it would be too much for him and that Kevin was so heavy. To hear Eli say he wasn't made a funny feeling around his heart go off. It felt... fuzzy. Or tingly. He wasn't quite sure. Maybe it was the result of him panicking, he didn't even know.

 

“You want something to eat?” Eli's voice cut into his thoughts, “There's some leftover pizza. We're waiting until everything gets unpacked before we get some groceries done and then have some real food.”

 

Kevin nodded, “I like pizza.”

 

“Okay good.”

 

Eli helped him up and the two headed down to the kitchen which still had a lot of unpacked boxes everywhere. It was almost an obstacle course. Eli avoided the boxes with ease while Kevin was being extra careful not to hit anything.

 

“Didn't you want to go out somewhere Eli?” Kevin asked as he ducked under a pile of boxes.

 

“Yes but then you were asleep so I decided against it. Especially if you fell asleep while we were out then I would have to carry you all the way back here anyways.”

 

Kevin looked down. He did feel bad. Eli probably wanted to spend the night out somewhere fun and instead he had to take care of me, “I'm sorry.”

 

Eli looked at him confused as he handed him a plate with a few slices of pizza on it, “sorry? For what exactly?”

 

Kevin shrugged, “I don't know. Pick something. I always feel the need to apologize.”

 

Eli shook his head, “you don't need to apologize Kevin. Things happen sometimes to throw off things we planned. That's life.”

 

Kevin blushed as he bit into a slice of pizza. It felt nice knowing he didn't need to apologize every minute with Eli for things he didn't even know had been done. For the first time in a very long time he felt comfortable being himself around somebody other than Dongho and his friends. It was strange though that he'd only just met Eli but felt like he's known him for a very long time.

 

He heard Eli mutter a bit as he stared out the window. He turned, “what is it Eli? Something wrong?”

 

“It's storming outside. Pretty bad too.”

 

Kevin sighed. Every time it stormed when he was at Kiseop's he dreaded having to walk back home again. It wasn't a long walk but it always felt that way in the rain and he never had an umbrella. Every time he took one in the rain the wind would take it so it was no use.

 

“I'll go make up a bed,” Eli said heading out of the kitchen.

 

Kevin ran after him, “what? No. It's okay. You really don't have to do that.”

 

“I'm not sending you home in that,” he replied gesturing to the window, “besides it's the weekend. It'll be okay. You can sleep in my bed and I'll go make one up for myself on the floor.”

 

“Oh no. I would feel bad,” Kevin protested, “you don't need to give up your bed for me.”

 

Eli laughed a little, “yes I do. I'm not letting a guest sleep on the floor while I'm in my comfortable bed. No way. I can take a night or two on the floor.”

 

He couldn't argue with that. He looked down at his clothes and realized they'd be really uncomfortable to sleep in, “um...”

 

Eli looked over at him, “you want to borrow a shirt?”

 

Kevin nodded blushing a bit, “I know I don't have to... but...”

 

“It's okay,” Eli replied as he rummaged through a box, “I don't mind.”

 

He pulled out a hoodie and tossed it over to Kevin. It was a little big but he didn't care. He made his way down the hall and changed out f his clothes and quickly threw on the hoodie. The scent of Eli tickled at his nose a little. He came back to the room carrying his clothes and saw that Eli had set up a bed next to his. He set his clothes down on the dresser and made his way onto Eli's bed. He climbed under the purple comforter as Eli waited to turn off the light. Kevin stared at the blanket.

 

Likes the color purple...

 

Shut up brain. You're over complicating things again.

 

He got comfortable and when Eli saw he was, he turned off the light and made his way to the bed on the floor, “good night Kevin.”

 

Kevin smiled in the dark, “good night.”

 

He heard Eli yawn, “I'll make you breakfast in the morning.”

 

Kevin sat up, “you don't have to do that!”

 

I want to,” Kevin heard him roll over, “so get some sleep.”

 

Kevin lied back down. He didn't fall asleep for a while. After all Eli was treating him like royalty and he wasn't used to it. He heard his breathing in the silence of the darkness. He listened to the rhythm of it for a while until he at last fell asleep.