Wheesun: W(h)ine Nights

Mamamoo Oneshot Anthology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: the wheesun part of the prev oneshot (Body and Bread) just because.

 

-

 

In every afternoon there comes the evenings then the— nights.

 

As well as every time Yongsun is done running all her business errands by the afternoon, there comes the truly lifeless, boring, drab, and ultimately lonely sunfall.

 

But such a streak of now-predictable lonesome— bothersome and cold empty dusks broke.

 

Yongsun finds comfort in, despite ultimately resenting it, consistent and predetermined things. So surprises— especially up-to-her door type of surprises usually get door-to-the-face responses.

 

Or you know, that’s what Yongsun is used to doing. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for changes— exceptions.

 

Because a tenant— one of the college students— knocks on her door with a wine bottle.

 

“I know it’s been a semester since we moved but we didn’t get to really…”

 

But Yongsun does not handle her alcohol well, nor did she really get to mentally prepare herself for a surprise and saying no could possibly lead to an unwelcoming or ungrateful or even uptight landlady— or you know, more so than they usually are.

 

“Uhm, I’d really appreciate it if you would have some sort of readable reaction, unnie.” The tenant’s voice has gone… lower? Softer? Small. Certainly, smaller.

 

Yongsun physically reboots, chuckling a bit, shaking her head. “Sorry, I guess I just spaced out after seeing you with a wine bottle.” She smiles— a double-dimple welcoming smile, one that makes her eyes smaller.

 

-

 

Wheein didn’t really have a plan for today. All she told Hyejin was that she should buy some bread and befriend some neighbors as she tries to get on their landlady’s goodside.

 

She did not expect Hyejin to do something— both, actually— that fast, and so soon.

 

Maybe she didn’t know her bestie as much as she thought. Because she came home from riding a woman’s bike, something she never really liked doing— Hyejin’s always been taught by her dad to always be the driver, don’t hug or touch or trust anyone else in a motorcycle. But she’s also not the most obedient daughter anyway so, it’s fair.

 

Seeing Hyejin take her part of bargain seriously made Wheein need to— want to do the same.

 

Hence, after some 0 planning and just doing whatever, Wheein’s in front of their landlady’s home with a bottle of wine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter