Wheesun: First, Second… Third?

Mamamoo Oneshot Anthology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

OTP: wheesun

 

Summary: Wheein prides herself as respectful but a certain first impression tells otherwise. A second chance the same day may change that. But will it lead to a third encounter?

 

A/N: I love how I’ll do a layout change but beta reading? What’s that? Also, yes I wrote two things today.

 

-

 

Wheein was just having her post-reading routine, sniffing the papers of the book.

 

Oh how she missed this. Just reading books at the only library that had a coffee shop within it. Despite the membership requirement, at least she doesn’t have to feel bad for leaving clumsy stains here and there. 

 

Most of the books were bought by the owner of the establishment and as they advertised, damaging the books won’t be a big deal so long as they remain to be the highest of the members— one that donates books and pays the same fee for all.

 

This quaint safe haven had a lot of bonuses, before the grueling lockdown, this was also an events center where kids could be tutored by some people with events like folding paper art— some painting— all those community engagements made this place a landmark people travel kilometers to witness.

 

But the long lockdown even damaged this fine and iconic establishment, forcing its free and public campaigns to close and their main operations to change. Even the owner had such a sad and bittersweet personal message to the patrons.

 

Despite the lack of any other choices, Wheein likes the changes. It made the old rowdy and chaoticness of the multi-purpose library much simpler— quaint— homelike.

 

And the aroma of coffee beans accompanied with the scent of books that aged like fine wine was just… heavenly.

 

Wheein’s heavenly daze of sniffing her book and finishing her fresh brew this fine day was about to… turn… interesting.

 

-

 

Yongsun was in a hurry for the job her sister gave her. She used to be the tutor of the same place— but now, she’ll make a comeback as a barista.

 

A very late and wildly unprepared barista.

 

She was rushing to her coffee making job with her own coffee, and despite her clumsy nature, no browns were spilled before and during her shift.

 

The breaks, however… do they really count?

 

She was just cleaning the table, the weird patron— the membership ordeal was, as her sister explained, a desperate attempt to keep this place going but it gave every member an attitude towards the staff.

 

It didn’t sit right with Yongsun as she cleans her table, but alas, she’s new here. It’s not like she can go to her first shift and present all the problems of the business— with solutions on the footnotes, of course— and expect a paycheck.

 

And man, there’s just this person who’s on her third order of latte— their cups are bowl-sized, by the way— and each time, she requests an art out of them.

 

It’s a tedious task that Yongsun didn’t have to do— but man, waiting for her coworkers to finish it as she tries to not notice the woman’s blatant staring is a worse fate.

 

Not a good first impression for someone so cute. Yongsun thought. She had stolen several glances from the seemingly avid reader— who has been reading her book upside down for the past 10 minutes. 

 

And from the looks of her, the sitting woman with the poorly buttoned light blue dress shirt, the messy rolled up sleeves, the generous amount of color on her skin, the high-waisted denim that accentuated her figure despite the sad-looking tuck of her oversized button up.

 

Yongsun prides herself with not being judgemental, calling herself an observer instead, she judges this woman with a messy cut and undeniably handsome work of her shoulder length hair…

 

Definitely not straight.

 

The ringing bell of Yongsun’s judgement was not at all the masculine ensemble of the woman’s outfit. Oh no, Yongsun has been around these streets to understand what this woman had been shamelessly ogling at.

 

Her chest area.

 

Hence, she may have spilled her third order of latte, just a bit, to get her to talk out of the blatant staring.

 

“Oh I am so sorry, I should get you a—” Yongsun bends down to the sitting woman’s eye level, focusing on cleaning the mess she’d made after working on something during her break.

 

“No– no—” She even had a charming voice, it was cute. “It’s okay, it’s fair game. I’ve spilled on the books just as much as this.” A joking charmer, how cute.

 

-

 

Wheein’s trying to have some tact with her staring but she’s just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter