Moonsun: 25 Minutes

Mamamoo Oneshot Anthology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: Some coma fiasco, Byul liking Yonghee (or does she really?) and Yongsun liking Byul is a prompt I received way back but its not established to be a non-au or not btw. You decide. Also despite editing the a/ns and stuff this is not beta read.

Reader Discretion is advised: keep it fictional folks! no mature content or anything. Just a reminder.

 

-

 

There are several things to note when Byulyi’s in love, loving, loved. She’s all three when it comes to a certain Kim— no, not her best friend Yongsun, that’s too… that’s not it. She’s in the past, present, and future of crushing and in-between deeply in love with her sister.

 

Kim Yonghee.

 

The same one who came home after sometime abroad— the very reason Byulyi’s “I will pester Yong today” became twice as obnoxious, almost childlike. Almost as if she’s crushing… On a Yong. On a Kim.

 

Which one? Well, only Byulyi knows. Because the sisters are absolutely clueless, equally not present in the moment, and a little too… how do you say?

 

Uptight? Busy? Strict with time?

 

Mean? Cute? Independent?

 

Strong, admirable, an icon of perseverance and

 

A complete “ you” to what society— a patriarchal one no less— expects of a woman?

 

Because she’s so quick-witted, got everything together, so smart and wise, absolutely—

 

“What are you doing here again?!” Yongsun’s greeting, as always is very unwelcoming.

 

Byul raised a plastic bag of take out. A scrunched smile as she smiles– so bright it’s seen through her mask. “Hang out! I texted you.”

 

“You did?” Yongsun left the door for Byul to close her focus and train of thought immediately on the search for her phone.

 

As Byulyi closes the door, her eyes explore the room, in search of something too. Or someone.

 

“I really appreciate you texting me 2 minutes before knocking my door but I’m really not in the best mood to hang out…” Yongsun’s on an orchestrated track, eyes looking at her phone but feet and body going around her apartment— seemingly busy, or in a hurry, or…

 

“Woah— are you going somewhere? Isn’t Thursdays your day off?” Byulyi— because they’ve been attached to the hip since forever, knows her schedule all too well.

 

“Ah, yes– well, uh go here to the bathroom.” Yongsun hears footsteps as she finalizes her look and cleans the sink. “I’m going to visit my sister in the hospital, last nig–”

 

“What?!” Life, brightness, and all of Byulyi’s color drained out of her body— turning into shock, confusion and absolute horror.

 

“Let me finish.” Yongsun’s tone changed, she tried to be soft about it, now she’s back to her normal voice. Or what her normal voice is with Byulyi. “She got into an accident last night, I just need to check up on her.”

 

“Hey, I’ll come with you, it’s okay.” Byulyi follows Yongsun like a lost puppy— intentions in-between making two sisters feel better. Her best friend and her crush since forever.

 

“I mean, sure. We can hang out there and have your takeout be our food.” In the middle of Yongsun’s usual rambling her plans out loud she sees Byulyi— uncharacteristically clumsy, in a hurry and absolutely graceless as she looks around Yongsun’s cupboard. “You good?”

 

“Y-yeah, I just want to prepare something quick. Are you done?” Byulyi gathered several table cloth, plastic bags, several numerous things Yongsun didn’t even want to register. She needs to remember the favor her sister asked of her.

 

The woes of being busy but in your head.

 

“Don’t get a cab, I can drive us there, what hospital?” Byuyli wasn’t looking at her— just really on the go, ready to go. It’s endearing. Cute, even.

 

Yongsun feels… giddy. It helped her feel lighter. Just Byulyi— someone taking the driver’s seat for once and she can just sit back and relax, for a little while.

 

A little while.

 

As she sees Byulyi’s hand on the gear shift, tap-tap-tapping out beat with the music, looking a bit frantic.

 

The fact Byulyi’s going with her to visit her sister, equally knowledgeable of the horrifics of the situation, equally caring— albeit in completely different ways— the fact that Yongsun knows and trusts that Byulyi is doing this out of lightening the weight on her one-woman-army tendencies is…

 

Just…

 

Really nice, refreshing—

 

A bit hot on the cheeks, faster on the heartbeats,

 

Probably the redlights of the cars. Probably the upbeat music.

 

Totally nothing emotional. That’d be silly!

 

That made no sense…

 

Right?

 

They’re friends….

 

Right?

 

-

 

Byulyi’s very pissed— she’s been tapping her fingers, out of beat because of the damned traffic jam. Curse wrong turns! There’s this itch on her skull. A thought she doesn’t want to process— yet leaving her in her head. Not as present in reality, this incessant need to think but also to just witness— and see for herself that Kim Yonghee is okay—

 

It’s bothering her, leaving her fidgety, less greasy, quiet and just— what the is this traffic doing?!

 

She even played an annoying obnoxious playlist to ease herself. Yet she doesn’t hear it. The more she tells her mind to stop ing worrying, the more it ing worries.

 

Stop thinking Byulyi.

 

Stop it. Stop.

 

Stop.

 

As she autopilots driving and berates her brain to stop thinking and drive, damn it!

 

She fails to notice eyes— curious, admiring gaze— on her. She fails to live in the present as she rushes to the future.

 

She has to be okay. She got to be.

 

She’s a Kim. She’s a Yong.

 

They’re literally the most resilient and unkillable women I know.

 

She’s gonna be fine.

 

She’s alright.

 

Right?

 

When the two arrived the hospital, Byulyi’s a bit silent— too silent. But Yongsun’s used to it— or doesn’t notice, whichever really.

 

The walk to the room, the white halls, flickering lights of a damned— cursed— ing dry and decrepit building…

 

Byulyi just finds herself cold but sweating, fidgety but stiff.

 

-

 

Yongsun’s heels echo the halls as they walk to Yonghee’s room, she just hopes her sister isn’t having a tough time— or at least, by now, awake. She just hopes to. It’d be hard for him. It’d be harder to manage the very event her sister came home for.

 

As

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter