Hwasun: Thanks, but why?

Mamamoo Oneshot Anthology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I am very much overwhelmed at the amount of friend requests, idk how to comprehend them; idk who those ppl are (me and my socmed illiteracy).

Prompt: hwasun: gratitude and gratification and tattoo artist and florist au

 

-

 

“Who’s the truly lucky person you’re giving this bouquet to?” Yongsun realigns the crocheted flowers, having finished the arrangement— and the order that only had a vague prompt of ‘you’ve disarmed me into loving you.’

 

“Oh, just a friend.” The woman is wearing a bubbly ensemble of white with accents of a soft watermelon-like pink. She was trying to get the payment from her wallet but her eyes seemed to drift around the shop.

 

“Huh, must be a great friend to receive such… a message in handmade flowers.” Yongsun looks at the woman's oddly soft-boy-coded attire adorning her hourglass figure. She had a light white jumper with both straps hanging uselessly on each side, showing her pierced belly button.

 

Her jumper's form hugs her thighs, hips and Yongsun’s eyes trail upward to the woman’s watermelon-pink collared shirt— edges having been knotted to the side below her left — her sleeves messily folded before her elbow.

 

The florist’s eyes keep traveling upward and find collarbones wide on display. “...the message just gives off their vibe as a masc for masc couple.” She was barely heard— the crochet artist was distracted.

 

And when Yongsun finally looks at her face— her feline regal face, left side framed by a messy fringe. She looks to the side, eyes still lost— exploring Yongsun’s unorthodox and truly niche flower shop. She had a half but low bun on, her hair tucked behind the ear, showing a metal piercing through two holes of her ear’s helix.

 

“Never thought someone like you would be the type to… do that for friends.” Yongsun dumbly lets out— having vocalized her thoughts.

 

The curious woman, her bronzed skin accentuating her light colored-clothes hums, eyes still in wonderment. Yongsun’s captivated— disarmed by the duality in one look— her lethal hourglass figure shines with a child-like daze and pastel jumper-polo. “Hm?”

 

And the woman finally looks— looks at Yongsun directly. Unknowingly won the stingy and mean looking florist’s favor with a tilted, confused puppy-like, head and slightly furrowed brows.

 

“I haven’t really met anyone who’d give their friend a bouquet, when said friend is taken.” Yongsun tried her best to… not sound accusatory— or jealous.

 

“Oh.” The woman smiles— laughs oh so deeply, heavenly. “I can see why it looks like that. But that friend of mine is a painter, she wanted a subject or something along those lines…” Voice trailing off as she stares at Yongsun’s craft, looking like she’s seen it for the first time. “Wow, this is really pretty.”

 

Yongsun smiles, a simple compliment being so powerful. “I… thanks.”

 

“If only I could order a flower to give to you, but uhm…” The handsome sounding woman smiles at her, softly as she continues. “I think that’d defeat the point.”

 

“I mean,” Yongsun looks away— why was such a stare so disarmingly… attentive, honest and upfront? The blatant fondness in her eyes scared her a bit. Her voice falters, “If you pay me and tell me what flower I could be, then maybe it won’t be so self-defeating.”

 

“Sunflower.”

 

“Why?”

 

“No idea.”

 

-

 

Hyejin’s trying to burn time— Wheein, her bestie that needed the bouquet, ditched her to run the tattoo parlor alone. All because she’s preparing a gift for her girlfriend. In a huff, the lone tattoo artist starts tap tap tapping her pen in the counter— eyes wandering outside, towards the closed flower shop.

 

The flower shop that got her curious— because there weren’t any flowers there at all, or at least plants. All the flowers were… handmade, as in from lego bricks to origami and of course, crochet.

 

Truly… unlike any other. And it kept Hyejin inquisitive, wanting to know why. But the last time she visited— she wasn’t wearing her most comfortable clothes, having just left a themed reunion.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter