Moonsun: Quick Professional Thinking

Mamamoo Oneshot Anthology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OTP: moonsun, wheesa

 

Summary: Brooklyn 99 reference, Johnny and Dora episode where 2 detectives (who are in the awkward stage of their budding relationship) almost got their cover blown but saved it with some good ol professional totally work related kissing. Also some closure to random wheesa angst because why the hell not.  

 

A/N: Yes, I do like sitcoms. I wonder which one should I do next... Friends? The Good Place? Or, what if... the South Korean sticom titled So Not Worth It? Oh how would I ever choose without some recommendations... (dramatic sounds) Anyway, enjoy reading!

 

-

 

“Do you think this is a good idea?” Hyejin asks, being the driver for the two undercover detectives because Wheein still doesn’t have a license.

 

“It’s—” Byulyi steals a glance at Yongsun, she’d been shifting and looking everywhere else in absolute discomfort. 

 

Wheein looks at the awkward pair from the van’s rearview mirror. If she doesn’t do anything with the moral now, this mission will be blown before things even got started. “Don’t worry ‘jinnie, these guys are good at winging it.”

 

“Y–yeah, we wing each other well.” Byulyi gets a disapproving look from Wheein. She had to adjust her seat to actually face her and just give her a disappointed and pitied look. Mouthing no as she shakes her head.

 

Yeah. It did not sound good.

 

And the awkward tension just got even worse.

 

-

 

The two undercover detectives— absolutely distracted by each other’s awkwardness didn’t prepare beforehand—were dropped off by the restaurant to meet the mob boss vigilante known as the thief-taker.

 

But there was a problem, all they got was a half-baked plan at best— and the lady by the restaurants entrance just told them they’re all booked and busy.

 

Byulyi’s tux suddenly felt too tight— the cuffs felt too binding— she just sighs with a pathetic nod as her body turns frigid.



Then a warm embrace— arms wrap around one of her own.

“Oh that’s horrible,” Yongsun says— speaks for the first time with such a sweet but devastated voice. “Tonight’s such a big night for us,” She continues as her hold on Byulyi turns comforting— letting the panic stricken woman get back into it. “My girlfriend and I just got engaged.”

 

A swell of pride bits Byulyi as she puffs out her chest, charming as she quips. “Ex-girlfriend.” Correcting Yongsun, she looks at the rosy cheeked girl to seal the deal— look back at the lady in the counter. “I would have reserved but” 

 

Letting her other hand snake up to her nape, fully exude a sheepish look, “I wasn’t sure if she’d say yes…” When Byulyi makes the bad call of raising their intertwined fingers— Yongsun’s absent of any rings— her palms turn cold again.

 

“It was very cute, she even resorted to getting me a ring the size of my fist.” Yongsun responded, having noticed the mishap as she emphasizes the bracelet she’s wearing.

 

The two proceeded to fully sell out their act with giddy smiles, rosy cheeks, and some good lovesick staring.

 

“Alright, alright,” The lady was pleased— or absolutely sick at how single she is— “I’ll see what I can do.” After some clickity clacking of the keyboard, she gives them a pleased smile. “There is one more free spot, I hope you do not mind sharing it with another couple?”

 

Perfect. According to Wheein’s profiling, the thief-taker only takes his wife here for their dates.

 

.

 

Speaking of the criminal profiler— she’s actually not, not anymore, part of their precinct. Much to her academy bestfriend’s dismay. Hyejin was who she rose the ranks with, moped with after failures, shared half her life with.

 

But no matter how flowery— or how touching Wheein would elaborately explain how much she means to her, it just doesn’t add up.

 

Who’d abandon something like that for greener pastures to be a criminal profiler?

 

“Hey, ‘Jinnie— I—”

 

“I’m taking your rights to call me by my name. From now on refer to me as Detective Ahn or Hey you.”

 

“Jinn—”  Getting a critical side-eye death glare from the van’s driver, Wheein gulps and corrects herself. “Come on, hey you. I thought we’ve been over this.”

 

Wheein receives a bitter laugh from Hyejin who looks away in disdain. “Over what? You said nothing when you left.”

 

Scratching her head at how this conversation never goes the way she rehearses them, “Hyeji—” Another ominous glare from the woman, Wheein reiterates. “Hey you, leaving like that— choosing to just do criminal profiling rather than the direct action like this… you know that’s what I’ve always preferred.”

 

“Uhuh, if I knew that, if you actually opened up about it, do you really think I’d react like this?”

 

The two were reduced to silence, Wheein dares not to reply— opening up, no matter how long their friendship may have been, has just been the hardest. An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter