Chapter 2: Revenge

The Last Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “NOOOOOO!!!!” Joohyun’s eyes jolted open, waking her up from her nightmare—a recollection of her past. She slowly sat up as she felt her whole weak body still aching. She looked at her chest and found the recent open wound now replaced by a huge scar, in addition to the many scars she had all around her body. She stood up and turned off the shower that was left open. She then went on and changed her wet clothes.

 

                She went out of her shower room and realized that it was already morning. She went out of the room and found a bottle of wine and a wine glass on the end table beside her room’s door. She then saw Sooyoung walking towards her.

 

                “Joohyun-unnie, how are you feeling?” She asked worriedly. She was wearing a butler uniform.

 

                “Are you not going to quit placing this stuff here everyday?” She asked back.

 

             Sooyoung eyed her master as she started walking away from her. She trailed behind her. “Joohyun-unnie. You’re being too stubborn. You haven’t fed for months. And I’m quite sure you need it because of what happened last night.” She seriously said. She stopped walking when her master suddenly stopped pacing.

 

                “Are you questioning my ways Sooyoung?” She asked without looking at the woman behind her.

 

                Sooyoung sighed. “No Joohyun-unnie.” She paused. “But, Seungwan and I are worried.”

 

                She faced Sooyoung with her usual passive façade. “Thank you, but I’m okay. I can handle things just fine. You don’t have to worry about me.”

 

                Sooyoung just sighed at that then just watched Joohyun turned her back from her again to go to her study room. “By the way, Joohyun-unnie. What do you plan to do with the girl in the dungeon?”

 

                Joohyun stopped and turned to her. “Girl in the dungeon?”

 

                “Yes. The girl who almost killed you last night. We locked her up in the dungeon.”

 

                Joohyun’s brows creased as she caressed her temple in distress. “Didn’t I tell you to take her away from here?”

 

                “Well yes. But we cannot do that. She might expose your identity and we cannot let that happen.”

 

                Joohyun just sighed. Her companions can really be overprotective of her. “Have her in my study room.”

 

                “Understood.” Sooyoung then bowed and left to follow her master’s order.

 

+++

 

                Seulgi dragged herself in a long corridor covered with old bricked walls as she followed a long black-haired woman

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter