Chapter 1: Betrayal

The Last Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Bae Joohyun was standing beside the big window in her study room, aware of the presence that has trespassed her house. She knew who it was, and she knew she will come looking for her. She knew that day would come. She can also predict the outcome of that meeting, though she wished deep inside her that it would be the opposite. But then again, she knows that it is impossible that things will turn out the way she wanted it to.

 

                She can feel the presence nearing her, though cautiously – she is a dangerous foe after all. She calmly waited, until finally she can feel her just outside the door of her room, which is just behind her. And then, as she expected, she heard the door swung open.

 

                “I finally found you, last vampire.”

 

                She grinned at what she called her. She didn’t bother to look behind her to see who the trespasser was for she already knows. Then she heard her running towards her and the stabbing sound on her chest. She grimaced in pain as she saw a silver sword on her chest, tainted with her own blood. She was stabbed on her back and the sword went through her chest.

 

                “Finally…”

 

                She can hear her voice cracking. “Is betrayal humankind’s expertise?” She uttered in almost a whisper.

 

               “What?” The brown-haired girl stepped back in confusion as to why she still can speak. She made sure that she was able to stab her heart with a silver sword, because that’s what she learned from history books about how to kill a vampire. She was about to pull out the sword from her chest but felt a force stopping her from doing so.

 

                “You... Do you really think that you can kill a vampire like this…?” She was holding the sword on her chest as she said that, blood gushing out of her own hand because she was holding the blade. She looked over her shoulder and found the girl with a horrified look on her face. She was trying to pull out her sword but her strength is just incomparable to hers. She then pulled out the sword out of her chest, making the girl let go of her grip to the sword. She slowly faced her and gripped her neck as she threw the sword away. She stared at her as she slowly tightened her grip on her neck. “...huh, Kang Seulgi?”

 

                Seulgi’s eyes widened. “W-Why do you know my name?” She shivered as she stared at her dark red emotionless eyes that were nearing her face. She knew that moment that her blood will also be away along with her dear life, just like how she witnessed it before. She shut her eyes closed as tears fell from her eyes. “Sorry... Yerimie...”

 

                Before she can drop to the ground unconscious due to too much shock, she was able to catch her with her free hand. She just stared at the girl that almost killed her.

 

                “Joohyun-unnie!” A bobbed-haired girl shouted in concern when she saw her master’s study room. It was full of blood; a silver sword was on the floor; her master was holding an unconscious girl on her arms while blood is gushing out of her chest and hand. She hurriedly ran towards her, throwing the food she previously bought from the market for their dinner. At the same time, she saw her master knelt down in pain, still holding the girl on her arms. “Joohyun-unnie!” She reached out to help her stand up but was stopped by her.

 

                “I’m okay, Seungwan.” She said as she slowly laid the unconscious body on the floor.

 

                “B-but! What happened?!” She shrieked out as she knelt down in front of Joohyun.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter