Off My Mind

in between the l i n e s
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Off My Mind

Kyuhyun § YoonA

KyuNa

“So what did you think of it?” Yoona asked as her slender fingers ran through the Super Junior maknae’s hair.

“What?” Kyuhyun questioned, not even bothering to open his eyes. When Yoona had first showed up in his room for their monthly gaming, Kyuhyun complained of having a headache. He insisted that it would only go away if she allowed him to lay his head on her lap for a while. It was rather bold of him, after all they were only friends and such intimate action should only be reserved for someone you were romantically involved. But that didn’t matter not when she got so involved with a mere stranger.

Taking advantage of his closed eyes, Yoona swatted him in the arm. “Stop pretending, I know you know what I’m talking about. I know you were watching it before I came.” She annunciated her words teasingly.

“Nope…I have no idea what you are talking about…” He paused every once in a while, finding it hard to concentrate when the soft pads of her finger tips played with his hair. He took a big breath in. Maybe this isn’t such a good idea…

“Was it really that bad?” Yoona chocked out, her voice barely above a whisper. The stopped. A wet drop hit the corner of his mouth. From the salty taste, Kyu didn’t have to open his eyes to know she was crying.

Without thinking he reached a hand out to wipe off the tears that were beginning to slide down her face. “Hey,” Kyu spoke softly. “Why are you crying?” He tried to keep calm, but that really wasn’t working out well. What happened? This really wasn’t his fort, sure he was a genius. However comforting crying woman was not his thing that was Teuk, Sungmin, Wookie, or Yesung’s thing. His thing was gaming… “Weirdo, stop crying, tell me what’s wrong.” The maknae cupped Yoona’s cheeks, making sure to gain her attention all the while not getting up. It was just too comfortable.

“I did awful right?” She sniffled.

His mouth opened and closed. What the heck?

“Gotcha!” Yoona exclaimed out, smacking him in the forehead.

“Hey!” Kyuhyun yelled out in protest. “You had me worried.”

“I know…that’s why I stopped.”

The maknae stayed quiet, he could tell she was lying. Her forced smile, tensed limbs and sad eyes were tell-tale signs. Im Yoona had always been one who lacked confidence, but this wasn’t like her…“You did great.”

She pouted and whacked him. “You’re just saying that.”

“No, I’m serious. You were really great.”

“Yeah right.” Yoona scoffed as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter