Din and Kyuhyun's past

Blood Knight

“Siwon, Yesung. Where is Ryeowook?” the Head pope of the Vatican’s Korean branch asks.

Siwon and Yesung bow to the pope and kneel on one knee. Both have nervous faces.

“He has joined forces with a family of creatures that we have been looking for. The Nightwalkers.” Said Yesung, disappointment in his voice.

The pope looked puzzled, and infuriated.

“Where did you get this information Yesung?” The pope demanded.

Yesung turned to his boyfriend. And Siwon nodded. Getting up he walked out for a moment. When he comes back he brings in a man with long grey hair with chains on his wrist.

“Your holiness, this werewolf says that he saw Ryeowook talking to the leader of the Nightwalkers.” Siwon said.

“What is your name werewolf?” the pope asks the man.

“Velcan, your holiness.” Velcan says bowing to the pope.

“Velcan, why is it that you are telling us this information?”

“I have a grudge against the Nightwalkers youngest member. And he happens to be in love with your so called Ryeowook. Who I happen to know is not completely human.” Velcan said with a smirk.

Yesung and Siwon both exchange confused glances to each other, as they were never told this before they brought him to the pope. The pope looked as if he was about to burst. His adopted son was not entirely human, how could that be.

“Well then what is he? Speak.” the pope yells.

“He is a half vampire. His abilities will not awaken until his 21st birthday at midnight. He will become the first of his kind. ” Velcan says with an even bigger smirk.

“How do you know this Velcan?”

“I learned it from his father, who is still alive. His youngest son Lee Taemin and his boyfriend Choi Minho tricked you. In order to protect Ryeowook.”

“Why did he tell you? And protect Ryeowook for what?”

“He didn’t, I overheard him talking to Taemin and Minho, when I was sneaking in to his castle for shelter from the rain two years ago. And I do not know why they are protecting the dhampir.”

Yesung and Siwon and the Pope are all baffled. But at the same time they are furious.

“Wolf, what is it that you want for this information?”

“Just the joy of the Nightwalkers destruction. Your holiness.”

The pope glances at Yesung and Siwon. Who both nod, and move to remove his chains.

“Very well, we will let you go free and if you want we will allow you to watch us kill the Nightwalkers.”

“Thank you your holiness” Velcan says as his chains are removed. He then turns around and walks out the door.

As soon as Velcan leaves Yesung and Siwon look at the pope.

“Wookie is a dhampir. I can’t believe it. Why didn’t he say anything? ” Said Yesung.

“I know what you mean Yesung. Why would he betray us like this?” said Siwon placing a hand on Yesungs’ shoulder.

“In any case I want you boys to find the Nightwalker base and bring Ryeowook back for questioning. Do this before midnight on his birthday.” said the pope.

“Yes, your holiness.” said both Yesung and Siwon in unison as they both bow to the pope.

Leaving the room and going straight to work on finding Ryeowook.

******Meanwhile******

It has been a week since Ryeowook started living with his new ‘family’. The eldest Park Leeteuk had introduced him to the other family members soon after his sobbing had stopped, the vampires Zhoumi, Kiseop, AJ, Marumir(Kim Kibum), and Eli, the werewolf Kangin, the Blood Elves Jonghyun, Hangeng, Key(Kim Kibum) and Onew(Lee Jinki), the phoenixes Xander (Alexander), Kevin, and  finally Henry the human. He learned that they call themselves the Nightwalker family. After the first day of him cooking for the family, they all ended up loving it. He even let them start calling him Wookie, since he had gotten over what Yesung had done. For the first time since Taemin disappeared he was truly happy.

The only person he seems to never get out of his head is Kyuhyun. Everything Kyuhyun says to Ryeowook seems to make him blush. And seeing him makes his heart beat faster. With each day passing by he seems to have been falling for him more and more.

*************

As Ryeowook is cleaning up the dishes with Henry, the door to the Kitchen opens. Ryeowook turns around to see a woman with long white hair with blue highlights, sapphire eyes, fangs, a black leather outfit, a kunai pouch on her right thigh, and a silver whip on her hip. A flask filled with what looks like glowing white ash, on a necklace around her neck. She appears to be injured. Blood is dropping from her left arm.

“Din, your back. What happened to your arm?” AJ says as he runs and hugs her, earning a slight wince from her wound.

“I got attacked on my way back here by a hunter, I was able to loose him but I ended up getting hurt in the process.” Din says smiling sheepishly.

She looks up and spots Ryeowook with Henry.

“Yeobo, Who is that?” she asks pointing to Ryeowook.

“That’s Kim Ryeowook a new member of the family. He has been here for about a week. Why were you gone so long I missed you?”

“I ended up getting attacked by the same hunter a couple of times before I lost him, and I ran in to some old ‘friends’ of mine, who ended up trying to kill me.” She says as she takes off her jacket, throwing it over her shoulder, to show a muscular y body under a backless, sleeveless leather top (sort of like Yoruichi’s and Siofon’s when they activate shunco).A black tattoo of Jupiter’s planetary symbol on the back of her right shoulder. The wound on her left arm showing signs of healing.

“You should go to Leeteuk to get that looked at. After all we both know that you always get your wounds infected when you ride on your motorcycle.”

“I will, I also have to tell him the information that I was able to get.” She says as she walks off to find Leeteuk, AJ following close behind her.

“Henry, Who was that woman with the whip just now?” Ryeowook asks as he and Henry get back to work on the dishes.

“That’s Din, AJ’s girlfriend, she is a fox spirit. But she does not have a trickery personality like most fox spirits, because she’s half human as well. That whip is her weapon, it helps her control her fire, and her magic abilities. It also belonged to her mother, who was human and a great sorceress.” Henry says.

“But what was that about information gathering.” Ryeowook asks.

“Oh she occasionally goes out and gets information to see if the Vatican are close on our tail or if she needs to eliminate some creatures who attack humans more then they should. Heck that’s even how I met her, she says I remind her of her little brother, Sho.”

“Oh, wait she had a brother. What happened to him?”

“Don’t know she won’t tell me. Every time I ask her though she just tries to avoid it. Like it hurts just remembering it.” Henry says as he finishes his part and leaves to go find Zhoumi and go to bed.

Leaving Ryeowook even more confused. What could have happed to make her want to forget what happened to her little brother?

**********

After Ryeowook is done with the dishes he goes back to his and Kyuhyuns room. But as he passes by AJ’s room he hears someone speaking.

“Wait, so Velcan attacked Ryeowook.” That sounds like Din’s voice.

“Yep, and if Kyuhyun hadn’t followed Ryeowook he would probably be dead right now.” And that’s AJ’s.

Interested, upon hearing his name, Ryeowook puts his ear up to the door.

“Did Kyuhyun kill Velcan?”

“No, Why?”

“, he has probably gone to tell the Vatican about him and they will be more focused on finding us then before.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive that’s the way he has always been, even when we were kids. He would always resort to tactics like those, when he loses what he wants to somebody.”

“What do you think we should do?”

“Just keep a watch on Ryeowook for awhile. The Vatican will most likely send their best men or somebody close to Ryeowook after us, then they will most likely either kill all of us then him, or capture him, then kill us when we are looking for him. But either way he will end up dead eventually. Not to mention so will we.”

“How is it that you always know this stuff?”

“That’s just one of my talents baby.”

“I love you.”

“love you too.”

Ryeowook takes his ear off the door before he listens to more than he can handle, and starts walking toward his and Kyuhyuns room.

Upon arriving he sees Kyuhyun on his laptop playing Starcraft. He walks in and sits down on his bed.

“Kyu did you know that werewolf that attacked me in the forest a week ago?”

“Yeah. Why do you ask?”

“Well he said your name and he growled at you with a lot of hate. Why is that?”

“I killed his mate.”

Ryeowooks eyes widened. Killing a werewolf’s mate is always a good way to piss it off, giving you a one way ticket to hell.

“YOU DID WHAT?”

“I killed his mate. They both attacked me and Henry a couple of years ago but I took out his mate while protecting Henry. But before I could get him he ran off saying he would get back at me with ‘an eye for an eye’ Kind of thing.”

“Does that mean you have a mate?” Ryeowook asked hoping that he says no.

Kyuhyun pauses his game and turns around in his chair and stares at Ryeowook.

“Nope, but according to Jongyhun hyung I will get mine in June this year.”

“How does he know that?”

“there are different types of blood elves, Wookie. Didn’t you know that? Jongyhun hyung is a time blood elf. He can control time, and see into the past and future.”

“Wow I didn’t know that, I mean I may have been a researcher. But I mostly researched vampires,  so what type is Onew hyung, Hangeng hyung, and Key hyung.”

“Well, Onew hyung is a healing blood elf, Key hyung is a tracking blood elf, and Hengeng hyung is a mystic blood elf. But why did you research vampires a lot?”

He shrugged. “Don’t know they’ve just interested me for a while. By the way Kyuhyun. Can I ask you something?”

“Is it about my eyes?”

Ryeowook’s eyes widened.

“H-how did you?”

“I’ve been asked that question a lot by everybody here. But I don’t know why I originally had brown eyes before I was turned by Marumir hyung.”

“So your not a Pure blood?”

“Nope, me and Kiseop hyung are the only turned vampires here. And we are both brothers. Not by blood though. I got adopted by his family when I was only 6 years old.”

“What happened? Why are both of you vampires?”

“Kiseop’s parents died by the yakuza, cause they owed some money to them. I was 16 at the time. Both me and Kiseop ran before they could get us. But about a month after we stayed at a friends house, they ended up giving the yakuza our whereabouts. That night while Kiseops’ friend was out ‘shopping’ the Yakuza came and beat us both until we weren’t able to move. I was lying on the couch and kiseop hyung was lying on the floor next to the front door, But before we both died from blood lost, Marumir and Eli had found us while they were out hunting. And Kiseop hyung had asked for them to help me, but before I knew it Eli had bitten Kiseop hyung and Marumir had bitten me, then they both gave us their blood. The transformation was quick but I felt like I was being ripped apart, And before we knew it we were vampires in Kiseops’ friends house, and Kiseop had jet black eyes like a normal a turned vampire, but I got these silver eyes.” He paused taking a deep breath before continuing.

“After we were turned, Marumir and Eli asked if we needed a new place to stay and Kiseop hyung and I agreed but asked if we could stay to grab our things and have a ‘talk’ with his friend. Marumir agreed, but Eli said he would stay behind, but he wouldn’t be seen until we needed him. So we both quickly got our stuff together and Kiseop told me to hide somewhere. So I hid behind the couch where my blood stained it. And when Kiseop’s friend came home he was shocked to see Kiseop hyung still alive and with fangs and black eyes. He asked what happened and where I was? My hyung had said that both me and him were rescued by vampires and that the yakuzas had told us that he ratted us out, and before his friend could react. Kiseop hyung had drunk his blood dry. When Eli got out from his hiding place we all left with Marumir and we started living with the Nightwalkers.”

Ryeowook just stared.

Who knew that Kyuhyun had this kind of past?

“Well I’m going to bed night Kyu” he said with a yawn.

“Night Wookie.”

With that Ryeowook got into his pajamas. Not noticing when Kyuhyun blushes at seeing his body, and went to bed happy, as always since he started Living with the Nightwalkers, that night. But he didn’t stay that way.

************

Ryeowook stood in the middle of a room that looked like a dungeon cell. A figure comes out of the corner and walks toward Ryeowook. He backs away from the shadowy figure very slowly until he hits the wall. The figure grabs his wrists and holds them above his head. Ryeowook stands frozen in place. The figure then moves his other hand to take off Ryeowook’s shirt ripping some of his skin in the process. He tries to scream but nothing comes out of his mouth. It leans down and whispers in his ear, Its voice is husky, seductive, and familiar.

“Making Kyuhyun suffer is going to be fun.”

It then suddenly rips off his pants as well before biting him in his left shoulder.

Ryeowook then wakes up screaming, his body covered in sweat. Kyuhyun rushes to him and wipes his sweat and tears while he sobs, choking on them occasionally, clutching on to Kyuhyun’s shirt as he cradles him in his lap. As he rocks back and forth as he starts to sing to calm him down, and rubs his arms.

After awhile Ryeowook falls asleep in Kyuhyun’s lap. Still clutching his shirt, which is soaking wet from his tears, like it’s his last life line. Kyuhyun gently places Ryeowook back on his bed, unclenching his fists on his shirt, being careful not to wake him, and tucks him in, but not before he gives Ryeowook a quick kiss on his forehead.

“I love you.”