Capture

Blood Knight

The nightmares continued for weeks. Some not as bad as the rest, but all causing him and Kyuhyun less sleep then they need. Until it is only a week before Ryeowook’s birthday (which is June 21st), when he goes out to the garden in the back of the house to get some fresh air, he spots a familiar looking figure standing under the big oak tree in the middle of the garden.

“W-Who are you?” he asks scared that it is the figure from his dreams.

“Hey Wookie hyung long time no see huh.” It says stepping forward into the sunlight. As the figure steps out into the light it is revealed to be a young boy with shoulder length light brown hair and a pair of unfamiliar yellow eyes. A silver bow and arrows strapped to his back, and a black katana on his belt.

“T-Taemin, is that you?” Ryeowook asks slowly stepping forward toward Taemin.

“Yep, sorry I haven’t seen you in so long. The mission I was on, ended up showing who I really am so I had to disappear for-oof“ Before Taemin could finish, Ryeowook had run up to him tackling him to the ground catching him in his embrace.

“Taemin I missed you. And what do you mean by who you really are?”

Taemin and Ryeowook got up off the ground laughing, but before he could explain anything. They both heard something in the bushes. Taemin spun around and stared at the bushes protecting Ryeowook with his body.

Suddenly a figure walks out of the bushes. A tall, black shaggy haired man with two silver scimitars on his back, a silver cross necklace on his neck, and cross earrings.  

“Y-Yesung, how did you find this place?” Ryeowook stammered. Backing away slowly, surprised that his ex-boyfriend had found him, and just when he was the happiest he had ever been in years.

“Wookie-“

“Don’t call me that I hate you! The only people who can call me that is my new family and Taemin. But you have no right to call me that anymore.” Ryeowook yelled cutting him off, fighting back tears.

Why why is he here?  Why now?

“Fine, Ryeowook. You are coming with me back to the Vatican for questioning.” Yesung said pointing one of scimitars at him and Taemin.

“No you won’t Yesung. You won’t hurt my brother.” Taemin yells before grabbing his katana, pointing it back at Yesung.

“B-brother. What do you mean Taemin?”

“I’ll explain everything to you later, I promise, just get back in to the mansion and hurry.” Taemin says not taking his eyes off of Yesung.

Ryeowook hesitates but nods, trusting him. Just as he was about to turn around however, he and Taemin are frozen in place. Just like his dream.

“W-What happened? Why am I frozen?” Taemin asks worried about his hyung.

Just then a figure comes out of the bushes and walks up to Ryeowook. Grabbing his chin and making the boy look up towards him, with frightened eyes.

“Velcan, what are you doing here?” Yesung yells stepping forward.

“Helping dear boy. After all if I had let him go he would have brought out the wretched fox spirit half-breed Din.” Velcan says with a lot of venom in his voice when he said Din’s name, not looking away from the scared boys’ face.

“Din? Who is that?”

“She was my childhood friend. But she betrayed me 20 years ago. When we were 16.”

“How are they frozen in place?”

“It’s a spell that I learned from Din’s mother when we were still friends. Now lets hurry and take him so that we can kill the Nightwalkers later.”

“Good idea, but what about his supposed brother?” Yesung says as he walks up to Taemin.

“Leave him here. We can get him later any ways.”

Yesung walks past Taemin and up to Ryeowook. Taking out a syringe from his coat pocket, Injecting the drug into his neck, making him collapse on to the ground.

“No hyung! What did you do to him?” Taemin says trying to move. But its no use the spell he is under is too strong.

“I injected him with a sedative to make him sleep for a while. But in truth I would have liked it if he came with us without having to do this. ”

He picks him up bridal style and carries him through the bushes. With Velcan following close behind, a wide evil grin on his face. An hour passes, and Onew notices Taemin in the garden still frozen. He rushes out there and mutters a quick spell to free Taemin from his paralysis. Once he is free he collapses dropping his sword but is caught by Onew just before he hits the ground.

“Who are you and what happened to Ryeowook?” he asks as he supports Taemin into the house.

“I’m Lee Taemin, a vampire. And Ryeowook’s half younger brother. He was captured by the Vatican and someone named Velcan. I couldn’t do anything at all!”

“Did you say Velcan?” Onew asked.

Taemin nodded.

“Damn it!! Guys we have a problem!” Onew yelled. Catching the attention of the whole house, all with worried and confused faces.

************

2 days later.

Ryeowook groaned, his eyes flickered open, looking around. He found himself laying on the dirt floor in a dungeon cell. His eyes widened. He was in the same room as the dream but this time his hands were tied tightly behind his back and a gag placed in his mouth. His ankles were tied together as well. He sits up and struggles in his bonds, but every time he does, the rope tying his wrist together, cut into his skin, causing him to gasp in pain, but he does not give up.

As he was desperately struggling in his bonds, he heard the door open suddenly. He looked up to see Siwon and Yesung walking over to him. He whimpered in fear trying to back away from them. But he is easily stopped by the wall. They both leaned down and help him to his feet. Yesung undid his ankles and stood back up. Siwon nudged him to walk forward. Escorting him to the head Pope of the Korean branch, Reowook’s adopted father.

A few moments later they took him to the Pope’s private study, and sat him down into the chair in front of the main desk. Where the pope was reading a book and writing down stuff in a journal at his desk. When he looked up, he stood up and walked over to the boys shooing both Yesung and Siwon off to wait outside. Once they were outside leaving Ryeowook in the study with the pope, bound and gagged. Looking down at the floor, tears flowing out uncontrollably, just like the time when he heard Siwon and Yesung having , as he was returning from his shopping trip.

The day he met Kyuhyun.

“Do you know what is going to happen to you at midnight on your birthday Ryeowook?” the pope asked as he takes off the gag in Ryeowook’s mouth.

He shook his head. Tears still flowing down, and his head hang low staring at the ground.

“You will be transforming into an abomination. A dhampir.”

Ryeowook looked up at the pope. Tear stains still showing. Confusion took over him.

“W-What do you mean? I-I can’t be half vampire I’m human. Right?”

“True, but that is until midnight on the beginning of your 21st birthday. Tell me Ryeowook have you noticed any new markings anywhere on your body?”

“Those vine markings on my wrists. How do you know about that?” he said backing away.

“All Half-breed abominations have markings like that somewhere on their body. Those markings are that of a dhampir before it awakens.”

“N-No.”

“Yes Ryeowook. You can not deny this. And you will not live through this either, as we will kill you at midnight in the middle of the transformation.”

Ryeowook stared at the pope. He was going to die. But there was still something he needed to know.

“Alright then I understand. Can I ask you one thing?” he asks looking back down at the ground.

“Sure. Ask away.”

“What was that mission that Taemin was sent on before he disappeared?”

“That mission was to hunt down and kill who we now know is your father. When Taemin’s partner Minho came back he said that they succeeded in killing him but Taemin disappeared amongst the bodies of his servants. I later found out that was a lie. Your father survived, along with his servants. Minho found out about Taemin’s true nature and joined their side in the end to create a plan to protect you. Once we found out however, Minho had gotten away before we could interrogate him and punish him for his actions.”

“P-Protect me? Why?”

“That I do not know. But we have spoken enough. Yesung, Siwon.” He called.

Both men came in and bowed to the pope. Taking Ryeowook back to his cell.

“Why did you betray us Ryeowook?” Siwon asked harshly as soon as they left the room.

“I only stayed in the Vatican to be with Yesung but the day a couple of weeks ago when I heard you and Siwon were having . I left and when I got into the forest, I ended up getting attacked by Velcan. I got saved by Kyuhyun and stayed with his family.” Ryeowook said looking at the ground as they walked down the long staircase back to his cell.

“That’s not what he told us. He said that he saw you and the leader of the Nightwalkers talking that night.” Yesung said confused.

“What? I only met Leeteuk hyung the night after I was attacked.”

“Whatever get in the cell and wait to die alright.” Siwon snarled as he threw Ryeowook into his cell.

Once Siwon and Yesung left, Ryeowook struggles to get comfortable. His back in the corner of the cell, with his legs curled up. Sobbing hard, wondering if help would come. After all, after he met Kyuhyun, and started staying with the Nightwalker family, he felt safe and loved. Especially when he was by Kyuhyun’s side.

Kyuhyun please help me. I…..I love you.Ryeowook thought right before he passed out from crying.