The Surgery

Somewhere Only We Know
Please log in to read the full chapter

The waiting was really a torture, Myeong Jin and her brother sat uncomfortably outside the operation room. Not long Yeri arrived in a hurry “…Myeong Jin!…” she called. “..Yeri..ah..she’s still inside…it’s been almost two hours already!…” Myeong Jin told her. “…she will be fine…” the best friend said while taking a hold of her hands. The door opened the doctor walked out and looked for Myeong Jin. “…Miss Kim….” Myeong Jin rushed to the doctor followed by Yeri and Young Jin. “….the surgery went well…but your mother is very weak….considering her condition….but don’t worry..she will be under a close monitor and will transfer her to the intensive care unit….”. “..can I see her?…” Myeong Jin asked worriedly. “..yes..you can…”. “..thank you doctor….thank you…”. Myeong Jin said while bowing her head.

“...how was dinner last night?…” Namjoon spoke while they were having afternoon coffee at one of the cafe nearby Yoongi’s office. “..it was fine…” Yoongi simply answered after taking a sip of his coffee. “….the girlfriend?…” “…she’s okay…and it’s surprised me that she did well….”. “….why?..something happened?…” Namjoon continued frowning. “…well…my mother seems to like her…”. “..really?…” Namjoon was surprised to hear Yoongi’s words. Yoongi nodded his head “..well..I think so…but too bad ..this is all an act…” he continued letting out a small laugh. “..so you’re not going to see her frequently?…” the later asked curiously. “…I don’t need too…I only need her when there’s an event …”. Namjoon was silence then he said “….okay..if you said so…”.

 

…two days later…

“...Yoongi….there’ll be a garden party hosted by the kim’s family….tomorrow evening….your father want you to be there as well….” Mrs Min told Yoongi when he was on his way out . “….sure eomma..I’ll be there…” Yoongi simply responded. “…it would be nice if you can bring Myeong Jin along….” his mother added. “..what?…” Yoongi was surprised. “..you heard me…bring her along…get her nice dress…you should know how to look after your girl…. ” she finished her words before walking away. Yoongi let out a sigh “….!..” he muttered. Then made his way out of the mansion.

While swirling his leather chair side to side Yoongi took his phone and dialed at a certain number. The phone rang multiple times but there was no answer. “..where the is she?…why didn’t she pick up the damn phone…” he muttered to himself. He tried to call again but still the same there’s no answer. He quickly sent a message.

Arrogant Jerk:  “..pick up the damn phone!…”

Myeong Jin just finished cleaning her mother’s face in the hospital. The woman is still sleeping. She woke up a day after the surgery but she is still very weak. Since Myeong Jin is not working anymore except waiting for an instruction from Yoongi when she is required, she has all the time to stay with her mother. It was not until the doctor and a nurse walked in to check on her mother that she has to leave the room. She was sitting outside the room an decided to check her phone. “..!..he called..” she just saw several missed called from Yoongi. She quickly made a return call . “….h..hello Mr Min..I’m sorry ..I didn’t..” her words was cut when Yoongi spoke “..where the are you?!…you should answer my call whenever I called!..that’s in the contract!…” Yoongi angrily told her. “..I know..Mr Min..I’m really sorry…I’m at the hospital now…I’m sorry sir…” she apologized multiple times. Yoongi let out a heavy sighed when he heard her “…nevermind…I just want to tell you tomorrow night ..we‘re going for a garden party…eomma wants you there….be ready by 7..I’ll pick you up …”. “..yes..Mr Min…” Myeong Jin quickly answered. “..oh..yes…send me your address…I need to deliver something to you…”. M

Please log in to read the full chapter