The Arrangement

Somewhere Only We Know
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N “....all characters in this story is just fictional...nothing is related to the real artist whatso ever....the story is just an imagination and the author creation ....”

 

“....Yoongi...this is the best option to strengthen Min Corp...I want you to get married before I pass down everything to you....most importantly this is what I promised to your late grand father....only then the whole of the inheritance will be passed down to you.....” the older man spoke while his fingers busied on the black wooden pipe. “..but father...I’m still young....I still have a lot to see and do with Namjoon....” Min Yoongi, being the only heir of the Min Corp shot back to the older man. “...that’s enough Yoongi!..you will marry the daughter of the Shin group!... end of story!...”. “..yeobo...please calm down...give our son time ...will talk to him again...”. Mrs Min spoke trying to calm her husband down while Yoongi stood up from his chair and stormed out of the room. “...he is stubborn and never want to listen!..” the older man greeted his teeth. “....and who he is after?..if not from you...” Mrs Min shot back.

 

The sound of Yoongi’s sport car roared passing the iron gate of the big mansion. His hands tightened on the steering wheel. “.. the Min Corp!.. the Shin Group!.... “ he swore aloud while pressing the gas pedal more. His vehicle stopped in front of a luxury apartment. The doorbell rang and the tall man opened it “..ahh..Yoongi...come on in...”. Yoongi’s dark and gloomy face didn’t go unnoticed by Namjoon “...another arguement?....what’s wrong?...” the younger asked. The older slumped his body on the couch letting out a heavy sigh. “....my father wants to marry me off to one the chaebols...you know who...” Yoongi answered uninterestedly. “....so?...you refused?...” the older looked up at him “...who do you take me for Joon?!...this is not like were living in a stone age! ...for sake!...”. “...calm down Yoongi....here..you need this...” he handed him a can of beer. Namjoon took a seat in front of him “....Yoongi..sometimes you need to listen to your parents..especially your father...” “..and why the is that?...” Yoongi said after taking a sip of his beer. “..all they want is the best for you...only you ..nothing else...it wouldn’t hurt to listen to them just once...”. Yoongi looked at his best “ ....what are you trying to bull me Joon?..” “....just get the damn wedding on and you will inherit everything....” the younger simply said without any guilt at all. “...what?..you must be joking...” Yoongi said without looking. “..I’m not...you will not regret it....give it a try at least for a year....if you don’t like it then you can divorce....your parent will not make a fuss....it’s done....” Namjoon said confidently. The older looked up at his best friend with a questioning look.

 

....at the Hotel....

 

The work too hectic for Myeong Jin when the hotel is fully booked. It’s one of the biggest hotel in Seoul where a lot of tourists and business men staying there. She took the job as a hotel cleaner mainly under the housekeeping as a part time beside her second job at the convenient store in the evening. She only started working there for a month. “..Myeong Jin...is it okay for you to take over the next shift as well?...because you will be paid double for the extra hours?...” the supervisor asked her when one of the staff called in sick for her shift. “...but Miss Song...I have to inform my boss at the convenient store first for missing my shift later ...” She answered instantly. “..yeah..you do that first and let me know....soonest please...” the older lady responded as she turned away from her and walked away. Myeong Jin let out a heavy sigh while taking out her phone to call Mr Lee. She was really tired but when offered the good money for the extra hours she willingly accepted it. “...I should be able to take it Miss Song ..thank you...” “..good girl....I know you would...okay you may continue to clean the room on level 7....and look for ‘ the Silk Suite’ ...”. “...yes..sure Miss Song...” she was just about to turn away when Miss Song called her name “....Myeong Jin!...” the girl turned to look back at the older lady “..yes Miss Song?...

Please log in to read the full chapter