The Contract

Somewhere Only We Know
Please log in to read the full chapter

“...Yoongi...I have something to tell you....” Namjoon spoke as his fingers fidgeted around the can of beer. “...yes...what is it?...” the older asked calmly. “...about the pretend girlfriend you’re asking...are you still interested?...” he continued. The older male looked up at his best friend “...why?..do you have someone in mind?...” Namjoon nodded his head while the older shifted his sitting position “...are you sure?...well..of course..I’m still interested..just to keep my father’s mouth shut and fulfil his wants!...”. Yoongi told his friend without hesitating. “..very well...here is the deal..I brought this along ....take your time to go through the contract...”.Namjoon handed him a folder on the spot. He took it “..who is she?...where did you find her?...”. “..Kim Taehyung...actually Hoseok’s asked him to help...when I asked Hoseok to help me...” he answered firmly. Yoongi looked at him then returned back his attention on the paper.

 

...earlier at Taehyung’s Office...

 

“...Miss Kim...maybe you can go through this contract first before you sign it...” Namjoon handed her the paper witnessed by Taehyung and Yeri. Myeong Jin took the paper and read it nervously. Her eyes blinked twice then she biting her lips when she saw the amount offered for the job. It will take at least a maximum of one year to complete otherwise it will be just within six months. According to the contract she has to follow whatever the owner of the contract wants her to do or be. To be always available when is required. They will not need to live together but must be contactable 24/7. She will be paid for the first third of her payment in the beginning. If she fail to fulfil any of the requirement, she can be removed immediately and will have to pay back the first third of the payment back depending on a negotiation based as to the period she started her duty. “...Myeong Jin..ah..if you don’t want to do it..it is still okay to back out...” Yeri said in a calm voice. Myeong Jin shook her head “...no..it’s fine..I’ll take the job sir...” she said instantly to the young lawyer. “..well...you may sign here...and here as well...” Namjoon said while taking out a pen for her to sign. “...s..sir..” “..it’s Namjoon..just call me Namjoon...” the tall man insisted on her calling him by his name. “...yes..Namjoon ssi...I have a question though...” “..go a head..”. “..what if Mr Min doesn’t want me...I mean ..you know...” she said stuttering. “...you mean....not his type?...” Myeong Jin nodded. “...I will handle that...don’t worry...”.

 

 

 

...back at the present time...

 

“..who is she?...” Yoongi asked curiously. “...you will know once you meet her...”. “...Joon!...hold a second..is she pretty?...y?..there’s no detail about her...”Yoongi asked while turning the page of the paper twice. “...that’s for you to find out...to me she’s normal...just like other girls....and I won’t judge her looks...but I think you will be curious once you see her.... ”. Yoongi scratched his head “...well...I got nothing to loose...I just ended the contract and pay her enough money...she b’ll be gone before you knew it...”. Namjoon just nodded his head “..if you say so...” “....okay..arrange my meeting with her....dinner maybe...with you as well...” he told the younger. “..hey!...I don’t want to be a third wheeler...do it yourself...and find out more about her!..you jackass!...” Namjoon scolded him. “...no I think ...better bring her to my office..I want it to be seen as an official arrangement...” Yoongi finally decided. “...you got it...I’ll let her know..tomorrow? ...” . “..yes..2pm...”.

 

...the next day...

 

“...Myeong Jin!...I’m coming at 1pm later!...don’t forget...” Yeri called her early in the morning in which she was still sleeping. “....ohh..yes..I won’t forget...” Myeong Jin answered with her sleepy voi

Please log in to read the full chapter