Mishap

Somewhere Only We Know
Please log in to read the full chapter

....two weeks later...

 

Ever since the meeting between the two families, Yoongi didn’t step into the hotel. Both him and Soo Ae made an effort to get along with each other. They even went to select for the wedding ring together after been pestered by Soo Ae’s mother. They went to cartier boutique for the designer ring which in the end it was Soo Ae who chose the ring. Yoongi didn’t pay much attention to it. The same goes with Soo Ae’s wedding dress. “..you just chose whatever you like...I’m fine with it...”.

 

“...eomma!..I can’t stand it any longer!...he totally ignored me!..” Soo Ae cried in front of her mother. “...Soo Ae...please understand...this is all new to him...once you’re married he will change....let him be first...” the older woman tried to calm her daughter. “..do you like him Soo Ae?...” she continued. The poor girl nodded her head. “..I tried to act mighty but ...it really break my heart when he ignored me...as if I’m not there!...” she spoke in between her sobbing. “..sshhhh...don’t cry my daughter....don’t worry ..I will speak with Mrs Min...she is his mother..she knows what is best...”.

 

“....Yoongi...how is everything going on between you and Soo Ae?...” he sat down with his mother having afternoon coffee. “...we’re fine eomma...why do you ask?...” he answered while taking a sip of his coffee. “.....can’t I ask of my future daughter in law’s well being?...” the older woman answered. “..she must be whining like a child...” Yoongi responded unbothered. “...Yoongi...please take this seriously....this is for your own good and so does your father wish to see you settle down and take over from him....”. Yoongi was in silence looking down at his cup. “...Yoongi...please just do it this time....you’re our only son...you’re everything to us...remember what your father said last time....it’s the will from your late grandfather....he didn’t pass down everything to your father...because he didn’t trust him....knowing that your father is quite a player when he was young....he was just afraid if he will leave me and remarried....because I’m your grandfather’s only daughter.....that’s why he wanted to make sure you inherited it after your marriage... ”. Yoongi was surprised to what he just heard. “..really eomma?...did father ever hurt you?....” he asked. The older woman shook her head and smiled “...no ...he’s been very faithful with me....he fell in love with me..the first time he laid eyes on me....I promise you...once this is done....you can do what you want but then till you are married....”.

 

“...Miss Kim...I just need to tell you ...your mother needs the surgery soon....or else it will be too late to cure her....” the doctor told her the news. Myeong Jin sat silently in her chair while holding tight to her handbag. “...I will get the money Doctor....please proceed with the surgery....” she pleaded the doctor. “...I cannot do that Miss Kim...unless the down payment is settled first....”. Once again Myeong Jin lost for words “...I will get back to you Doctor as soon as I got the money....”. “....yes..you do that Miss Kim...just call me anytime...I will immediately make preparation...”. “..thank you Doctor....”. Myeong Jin stood up and bowed her head a little. She walked weakly out of the doctor’s office thinking where can she get such a big sum....”. She was waiting for the bus when suddenly she heard a loud bang towards the crossing road where the traffic lights were. She stood up and shockingly there was a car collided with another. A lot of pedestrians and people gathered to where the accident was. Myeong Jin was not really bothered with it because she has enough of a problem herself.

 

...flashback....

 

“....why can’t you come with me to meet my friends?!...” Soo Ae yel

Please log in to read the full chapter