Inception

The Halcyon Stiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her breath hitches.

She opens her eyes.

Wait, where is she?

She find herself in a room that feels somewhat surreal, as if what’s happening is just a fragment of her imagination. Because how can this be real? How is it possible that she is here, lying down on this ridiculously massive somewhat extravagant bed?

Not only is the bed huge, it is entirely covered in gold and the room, let’s not even get started. The walls are of a deep maroon shade and there are many paintings all around the room, mostly of horses and fishes.

On top of that the one window in the room is open, giving her a wide glimpse of the outside world. The land is green and she can actually see horses galloping within a mere distance. And as she squints her eyes, adjusting to the brightness from the morning sun, she realizes that she can also hear the faint sound of water, possibly from a waterfall nearby.

But of course this is all new to her. Nothing seems familiar, and everything feels strange, which brings us to the question of just where on earth is she?

To make matters worse, as soon she feels some movement on the bed, she realizes she is not alone.

There is a stranger sleeping next to her and she contemplates whether or not to wake said stranger from his or is it her sleeping slumber.

Haerin couldn’t tell, with the way said stranger’s hair is covering his or her face, however he or she seems to be either a pretty boy or a handsome girl. 

Said stranger is however dressed in very expensive silk, so there is no way he or she is just a mere commoner. But wait, why is she also dressed in expensive silk?

She looks at her own clothing and realizes that not only is her robe made of pure silk, the initials MJ is clearly written on the seams of the robe.

Who is MJ anyways?

“Baby, are you already awake?”

Said stranger says with a voice that sounded quite deep yet very much feminine, so much so that Haerin can’t help but be even more perplexed. So is she a girl? But wait, why is she calling her baby? Are they close?

The stranger stretches for a bit before sitting up completely, his or her eyes are still very much closed and lips forming a pout. Haerin thinks said stranger looks somewhat adorable, despite the hair still covering most of his or her face. Almost without any warning, said stranger is now pulling her into a hug.

“Thank you for saying yes.”

Haerin awkwardly hugs the stranger back. Not that it is normal to hug someone you don’t know but said stranger doesn’t seem to be harmful, much less dangerous, and for some strange reason, Haerin feels a familiar warmth when she is in said stranger’s arms.

She really can’t put it into words.

It feels as if she has known this person for the longest time now, almost as if she has returned home after a long while of being absent.

Ah, yes, it feels like home. 

“I love you so much.”

She hears said stranger proclaims with a smile, breaking the hug to look at her with eyes now fully opened. 

Said stranger finally moves the hair from his-wait her face and my god, is she beautiful. Yes, Haerin realizes that it is indeed a beautiful-scratch that, beautifully handsome girl.

She slowly takes in that high nose bridge, pouty lips, and big round eyes. Soon enough, she feels her breath hitch again. 

What is this feeling?

Why does she feel so much emotions suddenly overwhelming her very being? 

Is this perhaps love? But, wait, how did that word even come up? Never mind that, assuming that it is, is this possibly what falling in love feels like?

Maybe. She isn’t sure.

 But it’s not like she’s given time to process. Said stranger likes to distract her with that deep succulent voice of hers.

“You’re so beautiful.”

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter