HIGHWAY - PART III

CHANBAEK - LOVE.BEYOND

 

 

“It seems like you progressing fast and steady, okay.. if I tell you to push, take a deep breath and push like for about 10 seconds, don’t lift off your hip, push when you feel the contraction okay? We don’t want any tear to happen.. okay, you ready?..” said Dr Kim.

“I.. I want my husband, where.. where is he?..” ask Baekhyun in panic as he didn’t see his husband in the room.

“I’m here.. I’m here babe..” said Chanyeol suddenly coming out and stand near the smaller.

“Don’t leave me..” said Baekhyun as he hold his husband’s hand tightly.

“I’m not, I’m here babe.. it’s okay, let’s bring this baby out okay? You hear the doctor? Push when you feel the contraction, I’ll be here.. I’m not going anywhere..” said Chanyeol calmly.

Baekhyun nodded at his taller husband’s word.

“Okay, you ready?” ask Dr Kim smiling at both soon to-be parents in front of him. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol nodded at the doctor.

“Can you feel the contraction building? On count to three.. one, two, three and push!..”

__________________________________________________________________________________

30 minutes already passed, and Baekhyun seems like to be progressing faster.

“I already see the head, be strong and push again Baekhyun, one, two, three, push! Harder, harder, harder.. okay, okay.. steady, steady.. the baby’s head is crowning..”

“Aaaaa! It hurts! It hurts!.. aurhh..” Baekhyun whining in pain, his face becomes red and sweaty from the past pushing.

“Pant Baekhyun!.. Pant!.. don’t push.. don’t push, let the head comes out slowly.. slowly..” said Dr Kim as he slowly maneuvre the baby’s head.

Baekhyun continue to pant as he take a deep short breath looking at his husband who didn’t stop to mouth such a sweet encouraging words to him.

“You’re doing great honey, it’s not long now..” said Chanyeol smiling as he take a peek at the crowning baby’s heads.

“Okay, good.. good, and the heads out.. good job Baekhyun!.. take a deep breath now..” said Dr Kim. He then inspect the unbilical cord to make sure that it didn’t wrap around the baby’s neck. Another nurse were getting ready by taking off the CTG belt machine on Baekhyun’s abdomen and place the hospital sheet and towel to catch the baby later.

“Good job babe!.. it’s not long now, you’re doing great..” praise Chanyeol as he kiss husband sweaty forehead.

“Okay, you ready?.. Another two pushes, and the baby will be out, come on, take a deep breathe and push! Good! Good!.. another one.. and push! Good and the baby’s out! Good job! Ease down.. ease down now..” said Dr Kim cheer up as he put the gooey baby on Baekhyun’s chest. Loud wailing can be heard echoing in the room.

“Oh, it’s out.. it’s over.. I did it..” said Baekhyun crying as he hug his newborn on his chest.

“You did it honey! I’m so proud of you!..” said Chanyeol as he hug his husband and kiss him on his lip.

“Wanna check the gender?..” ask Dr Kim smiling.

Chanyeol immediately check the baby on top of his husband’s chest, and smiling to his smaller husband.

“What is it?..” ask Baekhyun.

“It’s a he babe, a boy.. we got a little boy..” said Chanyeol smiling.

“A boy, I love you baby..” said Baekhyun as he kiss his newborn.

“So now daddy, wanna cut the cord?..” ask Dr Kim again looking at the taller.

“Sure..” said Chanyeol as he proceed to cut the cord with Dr Kim’s guidance.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Soon, Baekhyun deliver the afterbirth, getting aid on, and the nurses took the little boy away to clean him up, dressing him in an outfit that Baekhyun’s choose, while Chanyeol inform their family members about Baekhyun’s.

Soon after, Baekhyun was getting wheel on to normal ward. He’s getting sleepy the moment they reach their room. The doctor said they want to monitor the baby for the rest of the night, as he come early than the exact due date, and reassure that it was just simply normal and there’s nothing to be worry about. He also said for Baekhyun to take a rest and sleep to replenish his energy.

“How do you feel honey?..” said Chanyeol as he take a seat next to the smaller.

“Feel unreal, he’s really here.. I can’t believe it, just this morning he’s still in my belly.. and now I can even kiss him babe..” said Baekhyun smiling looking at his husband.

“I feel unreal too.. Thank you babe..” said Chanyeol as he kiss his husband lightly on his lips.

“Why you thank me?.. you get the credit too..” said Baekhyun.

“We get the credit then, he’s so pretty, like you babe..” said Chanyeol smiling.

“Did you notice his ears? He got his elf-like ear from you..”

“Well, I must say that we do make a cute baby together.. want to make it a lot?..”said Chanyeol as grinning widely.

“Then you are the one who need to push the baby out..”

“Calm down.. let’s just focus on this one first, also babe.. what are we naming him? Tomorrow I need to register his name..” ask Chanyeol.

“Ohh.. the name, I got a list of the name I made in my phone, can you grab my phone in my bag?..” ask Baekhyun as he pointed towards his bag on the other chair across the room.

Chanyeol grab the bag and search for Baekhyun’s phone, he then give it back to his smaller husband.

“Look, here.. which one do you like?, I’m okay with anything..” said Baekhyun as he show his phone to the taller.

Chanyeol scroll for a while, and he smile at one name.

“Ooh, I like this..”

“Which one?..” ask Baekhyun.

“Park Chanhyun.. that’s a cute name, how did you come out with this?..”

“Chan from Chanyeol and Hyun from Baekhyun, isn’t it cute?.. he got to carry both our name..” said Baekhyun smiling as he glad his husband like that name.

“So, he’s Park Chanhyun then.. it settle, now.. get some rest and sleep Baek, aren’t you sleepy?..” ask Chanyeol.

“Suddenly I feel refreshed, I don’t know why.. also I want you to sleep with me.. on the bed..” said Baekhyun pouting.

“Are you sure?..” ask Chanyeol.

“Why not? The bed is so much bigger.. come up here with me please..” said Baekhyun again.

“You’re cute, you know that?.. arasso, I’ll sleep with you..” said Chanyeol as he carefully climb onto the bed and lying next to his husband.

“Are you comfortable?..” ask Baekhyun.

“I should be the one to ask you that, are you comfortable? Any pain anywhere?..” ask Chanyeol back.

“I’m just sore, no pain..”answer Baekhyun as he snuggle closer to his husband.

“That’s good then, let’s just sleep for now..”