HIGHWAY - PART I

CHANBAEK - LOVE.BEYOND

 

 

“How many hours until we arrive, honey?” ask Baekhyun as he look at his taller husband.

“Around 2 hour, it depends.. we need to take Exit 4 which is about 36 kilometres more, and it shows we will arrive at 4.13pm.. you can sleep babe, I don’t mind..” answer Chanyeol as he eyed his pregnant husband. He notice that his small husband looks anxious the past half hours they’ve been on the road.

They were on the way to Baekhyun’s hometown as Baekhyun want to give birth there. It approximately take 3 hours by car. It was Baekhyun’s idea to just ride the car, but Chanyeol actually want to take a plane, so it will be faster. The smaller even jokes that if he gives birth on the road, he shall not be worry as he have his doctor husband with him.

“You okay babe?..” ask Chanyeol again. Eyes still on the road.

“Urmm..” Baekhyun sigh at the question. He honestly were not fine at all. He have a mild ache before they on the road, but the mild turn into a serious one after 30 minutes they hit the road. Just his back ache a lot, and the baby weren’t make it easy too.

Baekhyun try to lean more in his seat and try to get a sleep to ignore the pain. His hand keep rubbing his bump to calm the baby who keeps on moving inside him.

Chanyeol being an observant one did notice the discomfort his small husband have. Is he in labor? But he got 2 more weeks to go before the supposed due date.

“Baek.. baby, talk to me.. are you really okay?..” ask Chanyeol again.

“I’m fine.. just the baby move a lot..” answer Baekhyun calmly.

“Any pain?..” ask Chanyeol eyeing the pregnant.

“No..” answer Baekhyun shortly.

“Alright, do tell me if you have any pain okay? Or any discomfort.. don’t just keep quiet..” said Chanyeol again looking at his small husband. His husband always pretend to be strong, and he likes to keep it to himself.

“Arasso, I’ll tell you.. look front babe..” said Baekhyun smiling at him.

“I just notice your face looks pale babe.. hey, are you really okay? I’m worried..” said Chanyeol panic as he cup Baekhyun’s face using his other hands.

This is why Baekhyun doesn’t like to tell his husband about his discomfort, he’s afraid that Chanyeol being overreact like just now.

“No, I’m fine.. just keep driving, we’re on highway babe..” said Baekhyun as he soothe his husband by rubbing softly on his thigh.

“No, let me just.. just let me hold your hands please, so my mind will be calm..” said Chanyeol.

“Alright..” answer Baekhyun.

But 20 minutes later, the pain intensify. Baekhyun let out a deep sigh and hold the lower part of his stomach. It slowly becomes unbearable for him.

“Auww..” unvoluntarily he let out a pained moan.

“Baek.. Baekhyun, why? Is your stomach hurt?..” Chanyeol try to remain calm as he look at his small husband.

“Yeol.. it hurts..” Baekhyun hold his husband’s hand tighter to suppress the pain.

“I’ll pull over..” said Chanyeol suddenly as he stop his car on the left side of the highway.

“No, no don’t.. we’re at the highway..” said Baekhyun.

“I don’t care, let me just take a quick check on you babe..” said Chanyeol looking at smaller. Baekhyun nodded at him.

“Am I going into labor?..” ask Baekhyun terrified as he looking at his husband.

“I have the hunch that you’re having contraction babe..” answer Chanyeol.

“What?”

“But don’t worry.. you have me, just take deep breath okay? Keep calm..” said Chanyeol as he kiss the smaller on his forehead.

“Okay..” said Baekhyun as he take a deep breath. He saw that his taller husband take out a glove from the compartment site, taking out the disinfectant and put it on the dashboard.

“What are you doing?..” ask Baekhyun.

“Baek, I’m gonna check on you okay? To see if you already dilated or not.. I’m gonna unbuckle and lowered your pants okay? Just lean back, and keep calm okay honey?..” said Chanyeol softly.

“Is it gonna hurt?..” ask Baekhyun a bit scared.

“Yeah, a bit.. but you trust me right?..” ask Chanyeol and the smaller nodded.

Chanyeol carefully unbuckle the pants and his underwear and lowered it until it reach Baekhyun’s ankle. He notice the underwear and pants were clean without any discharges, which is good. He then disinfect his hands and wear the gloves.

“It will hurt for a while, just continue to pant okay..” said Chanyeol as he carefully insert his long finger inside Baekhyun and almost immediately his smaller husband squirm in pain.

“Breathe, breathe Baek.. pant if you feel hurt, just for a while.. pant.. pant..”

Baekhyun follow his husband instructions, his hands was tightly onto Chanyeols’s shoulder. After a while, Chanyeol withdraw his finger.

“Calm down Baek.. breathe, breathe..” Baekhyun follow his husband lead, and starts to calm down more. Chanyeol take out a small blanket from the bag in the backseat to cover Baekhyun’s leg.

“Am I.. am I really in labor?..” ask Baekhyun.

“Yes, you are babe.. you’re almost 4cm dilated, but you’re not in active labor yet, let me google the nearest hospital here..

“I’m in labor.. oh my God..” state Baekhyun as the pain deceased a little for a while.

“How you’re feeling babe?..” asked Chanyeol looking at his smaller husband.

“I’m nervous, but is the baby reach a full terms yet? I supposed to give birth for another 2 weeks right?..”

“It’s okay Baek, the baby is fine.. let me feel your stomach..” said Chanyeol as he feel Baekyun’s stomach.

“Wow, the baby already positioned itself.. it’s right down here babe, give me your hands, can you feel it?..” said Chanyeol again.

“Yeah, and.. oh God, the pain comes again..” Baekhyun quickly grab Chanyeol’s hand tightly and moan into his shoulder.

“Ahhh.. it hurt! It hurts..” moan Baekhyun.

“Breathe Baek, breathe.. pant with me, come on.. it’s okay.. it’s okay..” said Chanyeol soothing him. He keeps eyeing his watch to time the contractions.

“48 seconds, you still have time..” said Chanyeol as he looks at his smaller husband. Baekhyun was breathing heavily and his hands cup his lower stomach.

“Yeol.. there’s police coming, behind us..” said Baekhyun weakly as he eyed the side mirror.

“It’s okay, I can handle this..” said Chanyeol and at the same time their windows being knocked. Chanyeol rolling down his window.

“We saw you on the sideway sir with your emergency light , have any problem?” ask the officer.

“Urmm.. yeah, actually we’re in emergency, my husband in labor..” said Chanyeol as he pointed towards Baekhyun.

“Oh really? Do you need help to go to the hospital? We can assist you there, it will be much more faster..”

“But the nearest hospital takes about 1 hour, I don’t think he will made it..” answer Chanyeol.

“That’s SM Hospital, another one take about 20 minutes from here, just exit this intersection, you will see the signboard, its EXO Hospital..” said the officer.

“Okay, if that so then, we should move now.. can you please drive the car for me? I will move my husband to the backseat and stay with him..” suggest Chanyeol.

“Okay, do that.. I will inform the hospital myself..” said the officer.

Chanyeol then get out from his car and went to his husband side, moving him to the backseat so it will be easier for him to assist his husband. The police officer come back to them and starts to drive.

“What’s your name sir? And your husband?..” ask the officer.

“My name is Chanyeol and he’s Baekhyun..” answered Chanyeol.

At the same time, the contraction strikes again.

“Urhhh!.. auw!.. Yeol.. “ whimpered Baekhyun as he hold his husband’s hand tightly. His face was red and tears start to gather in his eyes.