HIGHWAY - PART II

CHANBAEK - LOVE.BEYOND

 

 

“You’re moving faster, it’s been 10 minutes from your last contractions.. deep breath honey, deep breath, you’re fine.. it’s okay.. it’s okay baby..” said Chanyeol softly as he rub his husband back side to ease the pain.

Around 20 minutes later, they arrive at the hospital. Baekhyun getting wheel inside immediately, while Chanyeol fill out some information at the registration counter. After filling in, he then enter the room Baekhyun was admitted.

“Oh hello there! Mr Park isn’t it? I’m Dr Kim..” said Dr Kim smiling brightly as he hold out his hand.

Chanyeol pull out his hand and shake the doctor’s hand smiling at him.

“I’m Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol.. Baekhyun’s husband..” said Chanyeol introduce himself.

“Ohh? You’re that famous doctor at Park Hospital right? The ones on Medic TV.. ooh, I remember you! I saw you on TV last night? You’re Dr Park right?..” said Dr Kim excited. The other two nurses who assist the doctor also exclaimed excitedly.

“Ah.. yes, I am..” said Chanyeol shyly.

“Ohh, I’m so sorry.. that was so unprofessional of me.. okay back to business, about your husband.. he’s already 6cm dilated which in active labor, I don’t think I need to explain what to do in this situation right? Also, I already explain about the epidural to your husband and he decline it, but if he change his mind feel free to call me by pushing this red buton here okay? The nurse will be here shortly.. I will be back to check on your husband again later..” said Dr Kim smiling before going out from the room.

“Thank you Dr Kim..” said Chanyeol back.

“So many of your fans here huh?..” said Baekhyun weakly smiling at his taller husband.

“Baek, how do you feel?..” asked Chanyeol as he hold his husband’s hand kissing it.

“I can’t wait for this baby to be out of me..” said Baekhyun again.

“It wont be long, your progressing was faster.. I think your labor was triggered because of that walk we take yesterday at the park, you walk a lot yesterday..” state Chanyeol. They were getting a walk late evening yesterday as Baekhyun deemed that he want to exercise more before his due.

“You think so?..” ask Baekhyun.

“Yeah, also babe.. you don’t want an epidural? Why?..” ask Chanyeol again.

“Epidural is kind of drug right, to ease the pain.. but what the reality of labor is if I don’t get to experience this.. I want to have this baby naturally..”

“But.. it’s really gonna hurt.. a lot, really.. I told you before right? At least the epidural can ease the pain a little..” said Chanyeol frowning slightly. He really hates seeing his small husband in hurt.

“It’s okay.. I’m stronger than you..”

“I know.. but..”

“And you’ll be by my side right?..”

“I am.. I’ll never leave your side, I want to be there..”

“So, that’s okay then.. don’t worry, I have you..” said Baekhyun again.

“You know what? I love you so much Park Baekhyun.. really..” said Chanyeol as he kiss his husband on his lip.

“I know..”

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Yeol, I wanna go to the bathroom..” said Baekhyun as he look at his taller husband on his side. He suddenly feel like he’s going to take a piss. Like a sudden pressure wants to come out of him.

“Alright, come.. I’ll help you, slowly.. slowly..” said Chanyeol.

Baekhyun get off the bed slowly, hands still holding his husband’s arm. As soon as he take a full stand of himself, he can feel something coming out from his lower part. And it slowly trickle down onto his leg to the floor.

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry Yeol.. I didn’t mean too, it just come out..” said Baekhyun apologetic.

“No, no.. don’t say sorry, it’s okay Baek.. it’s okay..” said Chanyeol smiling as he get into the bathroom to take a clean towel.

“Let’s change.. I’ll help you..” said Chanyeol again. But as he want to change his smaller husband’s pant, he notice that something different with the smell. Something suddenly crossed his mind. He look at his small husband with his wide eyes.

“What?..” ask Baekhyun looking back at the taller.

“Baek, I afraid that this is not your pee, it was actually your water.. your water broke Baek..” said Chanyeol calmly.

“What? Are you sure? I just need the urge to pee..”

“It’s okay, sometimes it just feel like you want to pee.. come sit down back, I’ll ring the doctor..” said Chanyeol as he guide his husband back onto the bed.

“Okay..”

__________________________________________________________________________________

The rest of the day, Baekhyun continue experiencing the contraction until around 9 pm, he feels like a sudden urge to push.

“Yeol.. I feel like.. a pressure.. down there..” said Baekhyun as he tap his husband’s hand.

“It means you ready to push, I’ll call the doctor..” said Chanyeol as he quickly tap onto the red button beside Baekhyun’s bed.

Three nurses and Doctor Kim arrived in their room shortly after Chanyeol push the emergency button. Doctor Kim immediately check on Baekhyun and smile before announcing that he was ready.

“We will wheel you to the labour room now, and Mr Park please come with me for a while..” said one of the nurse.

“Where.. where are you going?..” ask Baekhyun panic as Chanyeol want to follow the nurse.

“I’ll be with you for a while Baek, don’t worry okay?..” said Chanyeol as he kiss his husband’s forehead to calm him.

“You’ll be with me in the room right?.. I.. I don’t want to be alone..” said Baekhyun teary as he hold his husband’s hand tightly.

“I am babe.. don’t worry..” smile Chanyeol.

“He will be with you shortly, we just want him to sign a consent form and for him to wear the hospital robe.. it just for a while..” explain the nurse as she saw that Baekhyun kind of reluctant to let Chanyeol go.

“Oo.. okay, don’t be too long..” said Baekhyun again letting go of his husband’s hand.

Chanyeol just smile nodding at his small husband before following the nurse out of the room.