CLUELESS

CHANBAEK - LOVE.BEYOND

 

“Yeol, do you notice something about me?..” ask Baekhyun suddenly.

“About what?” ask Chanyeol looking at his small husband.

Yes, they were married. This year it will their 2nd anniversary. But honestly, for Chanyeol it’s been 10 years since they were together.

“About me, Yeol.. look at me, do you notice anything?..” ask Baekhyun again as he turn his body towards his husband who’s currently lying on their bed.

“That you’re prettier?..” answer Chanyeol as he continue watching the television.

“No! Look at me again, did you notice anything different on me? My face or my body?..” said Baekhyun again as he standing still in front of his husband, blocking the taller view from watching his favourite show on television.

“Babe.. move away, you’re blocking the tv..” whine Chanyeol, as he move himself to see the show better.

“You’re hopeless, I hate you..” said Baekhyun pouting as he went to their dressing table.

“And I love you!” shout Chanyeol back.

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Why is this not getting away?..” said Baekhyun as he pinch his stomach. He did notice that he was gaining weight steadily, and he also notice that his stomach also looks a bit bloated.

“My face also, urhh.. this cheek, do I need to go on diet?.. but Chanyeol hate it when I’m dieting, guess I just need to workout more..” though Baekhyun as he check himself more. He was currently in their bedroom, his doctor husband was having a dinner party with his colleague, so he will be back home late.

Chanyeol was actually a doctor, a senior one to be exact, because of his genius brain, he got promoted to the professor position in such a short time. What a lucky guy. While Baekhyun was just a designer, an interior design engineer to be exact. And after 5 years, he opens his own business by the help of his taller husband. It was Baekhyun’s dream to open a café, and Chanyeol just set up the café and give it to him as a wedding gift. Such a thoughtful husband.

The café was being named as Prive Café, Baekhyun being the owner who thought of the name, he was the one who designed the interior, the menu and choose the staff itself. And Chanyeol was more than proud for his husband’s effort because in such a short time, the café was become a hot trending. Not just the food and the pastries are so tasty, but the location and the interior design of the café is so aesthetic and becomes a hot place for drama shooting and film.

“Urhh!.. ow, what’s that?..” whimpered Baekhyun as his stomach suddenly hurt. The feeling of tightening around his waist also on his lower stomach was suddenly hurt.

“Am I this exhausted? Guess I need to rest more..” said Baekhyun as the pain slowly subside and he climb onto the bed. His eyelid becomes heavy as the time goes by and he finally sleeping soundly.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Baekhyun being up by the wet smooches on his nape. He groggily opens his eyes, and seeing his husband was the one behind him. Still clad in his working outfit, he notices the clock at his night stand, it was half past ten.

“You’re back early..” state Baekhyun as he turn around and caress his husband’s face.

“Yeah, the party was bad.. and I got bored, also I have someone special waiting for me at home, so I just ditched the party and went home, so how’s your day today?..” ask Chanyeol as he went up and start to taking off his dress shirt.

“Just fine.. I’m a bit tired, can I continue sleeping?..” ask Baekhyun again sleepily.

“Baek.. no you can’t sleep, Baek, don’t sleep.. let’s have a fun night, how about that?..” ask Chanyeol excitedly.

“But I’m tired Yeol, I’m sleepy..” said Baekhyun again.

“No! no! Baek, don’t sleep.. I’m going to head into shower as fast as I can, just wait for me, and don’t sleep, okay!..”

“Urghh.. Yeol-ah.. I’m sleepy..” whine Baekhyun again.

“I’ll be back!..” shout Chanyeol as he quickly went into the bathroom.

Baekhyun whining again, but he just sits up and lean over the bed post. Fighting with his sleepiness, but he ends up sleeping while sitting up waiting for his taller husband to finish showering.

“Baek! I’m done.. urhh, this guy.. is he’s sleeping? Already?..” said Chanyeol as he approach his smaller husband.

He can notice that Baekhyun look tired. He can also notice the dark circles around his eyes.

“He really looks tired, what are you doing all day that you were this exhausted babe?,,” ask Chanyeol as he slowly positioning the sleeping guy into proper lying on the bed.

“I love you, sweet dream baby..” said Chanyeol as he kissed his husband on his forehead.

__________________________________________________________________________________


“That table.. over there, yeah and Kyungsoo-yah? What about the list of dry ingredients that from Kim’s Bakery? Have you got the list yet?..” ask Baekhyun as he looks at his pastry chef.

“No, not yet.. but I’ll call him sooner okay? And by the way, are you okay? You look pale Baek..” said Kyungsoo with concern eyes.

“Just fine, a bit tired honestly..” answer Baekhyun smiling lightly.

In these two months, Baekhyun was busying himself for another new branch for Prive Café. With a whole new staff, a brand-new building, it was such a hectic month. Because he got a positive feedback for his café interior design, he was carefully designing the interior for the new branch.

But something that bothering him was his health. He sometimes found himself sleeping while eating or while discussing something to his co-workers. It’s like something that he cannot prevent, also his weight gain, it becomes an issue for him. He also finds that he always has that tightening feelings on his stomach like some pain after his work out or doing some running or jogging in the morning.

He never discusses this with his doctor’s husband, and treating it as some light stress from having to deal with the new branch.

But the pain was coming again, this morning after he helps his staff by lifting some of heavy boxes for the design of the new café.

“Baekhyun, are you okay?..” ask Kai, one of his co-worker who help him designing the café, the husband of Do Kyungsoo his pastry chef.

“Yeah, just.. my stomach hurt..” said Baekhyun wincing slightly from the pain.

“Just sit there for a while, you’ve been lifting that heavy boxes.. that’s not good for you..” said Kai again, holding Baekhyun’s arms so he can guide the smaller to the chair.

“Thanks Kai, but it’s not that heavy.. and I’m strong okay?..” said Baekhyun again smiling at the tanned man.

“Yeah, yeah.. I know, I’ll be dead if Chanyeol know about this.. he’s so protective over you..” said Kai again.

“Don’t tell him okay?..” said Baekhyun and Kai just rolled his eyes but he nodded finally.

“Just rest here for a while until the pain subsided, I’ll tell Kyungsoo to bring you some water..” said Kai and the smaller just nodded at him.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Baekhyun resuming his works after a good half an hour rest. His stomach also stops hurting, but still he looks pale.

“Baek, I told you to just continue tomorrow, Kai and his co-worker will finish this all.. just take a rest..” said Kyungsoo deeply sigh.

“I will, I will Kyung.. just let me finish this and I will go home soon..” said Baekhyun as he continue looking over the paper work piling up on his table.

“This.. I can revise it for you too, just go back home..” said Kyungsoo again.

“It’s okay Kyung, just a little..” said Baekhyun but he also notice that Kyungsoo was just standing in front of him. The man was eyeing him sharply, with his hand over his chest. He sometimes thinks that Kyungsoo was scary, just like his mom.

“Okay, okay.. I’m done.. auw!” Baekhyun suddenly hisses in pain holding his waist.

“What? What happen Baek?!..” Kyungsoo becomes panic seeing that Baekhyun suddenly double over and holding his waist in pain.

“My stomach, it’s hurting again..” whine Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo hurried over to Baekhyun’s side and try to massage the area. He notices something harden when he lightly massages it. His minds suddenly clicked and he was smiling broadly.

“Baek.. are you..”

“What?..” ask Baekhyun when his friend just keep quiet.

“No, nevermind, just.. when do you start feels like this? Like when your stomach hurts?..” ask Kyungsoo.

“Why?..”

“Just answer me, when?” urge Kyungsoo again.

“When we discuss about this new branch, it starts from that time..” answer Baekhyun as looking weirdly at his friend. The pain was slowly subsiding when Kyungsoo massage him.

“That was.. five months ago! Woah!..” shriek Kyungsoo suddenly.

“What is wrong with you?..” ask Baekhyun.

“Is the pain gone?..” ask Kyungsso again, collecting himself calmly.

“It’s gone, thanks God..” answer Baekhyun.

“Promise me, when you go home.. tell Chanyeol about this stomach cramp, it’s been happening often right, tell him okay?..” said Kyungsoo gleaming and smiling widely.

“And why are you smiling like that? You’re creeping me out.. and besides, I won’t tell Chanyeol about it, it just probably stress Kyung, I don’t want him to worry about small matter like this.. wasting his time..” said Baekhyun tidying up his table.

“Small matter?! No! no, no.. you go and tell him back home, you need to tell him Baek.. it is important..” state Kyungsoo.

“And why is that important?.” Ask Baekhyun back. He really didn’t want to burden his taller husband’s more about his health.

“Because you’re his husband, your brain! Opps! Sorry I can’t curse in front of you anymore.. anyway, tell him, or I will tell him by myself, you know I can be a little dramatic Baek, he’s so protective over you right? And with my dramatic story, he will..”

“Okay, okay.. I’ll tell him, you’re so annoying..” whine Baekhyun as he walk to the door.

“Good.. and now off you go, be careful okay? Don’t drive too fast.. and don’t be stress anymore, you’ll be fine..”

“Just shut up..” said Baekhyun as he shut the door in front of his friend’s face.

Kyungsoo just smile at his friend’s antic, and now he hurriedly searches for his husband, Kai to tell the big news.

__________________________________________________________________________________

That night, after showering Baekhyun just lying on his bed, contemplating if he needs to tell his husband about his health. Chanyeol was currently showering and it makes him think for a while. He was currently his stomach gently as it was a usual thing to do.

Without notice, Chanyeol was already out from showering, and he notice his husbands keeps his stomach softly. Is his stomach hurting again? He does remember, that his husbands always complaint about his stomach-ache. After dressing up in silent, he approaches his husband on the bed.

“Is your stomach hurts again?..” ask Chanyeol

“Oh Yeol, I didn’t notice you..”

“You were so deep in thought.. you didn’t even notice me out from bathroom, what are you thinking about? And I’m asking you if your stomach hurts again? You keep your stomach..” said Chanyeol as he joining his husbands on the bed.

“I’m fine.. there’s nothing to worry..” said Baekhyun again.

“Here.. let me massage your stomach, I can be your y massage parlour tonight..” grin Chanyeol as he grab the massage oil inside the drawer.

“You’re already y Yeol..” said Baekhyun chuckle lightly as he turn to lie in comfortable position.

“Roll your shirt..” ordered Chanyeol.

“You roll it yourself..” said Baekhyun again smiling.

“You cheeky..” said Chanyeol as he roll the shirts lightly, resting on top on his husband’s chest.

Chanyeol begin to put the oil into his palm, and starts massaging the stomach. He notices something different with his husband’s stomach. The more his hands reach lower, he can feel the hardens beneath his palm.

“Baek, if I pull down like this, is it hurt?..” ask Chanyeol as he put his hands on the lower stomach and lightly push it down a bit.

“It doesn’t hurt, just a bit tight.. but if you push down more, I think it might hurt..” said Baekhyun looking at his husband.

Chanyeol just continue to feel around the stomach, his face becomes serious and in deep thought.

“And now, you’re the one in deep thought..” chuckle Baekhyun. But his laughter didn’t reach his taller husband, as Chanyeol was so deep in his thought.

This is it. The answer to his husband weight gain, the continuous stomach-ache, the tightening feelings. His frown suddenly becomes a bright smile.

“Yeol, what is it?..” ask Baekhyun worried.

“Baek! I’m so happy!..” shriek Chanyeol and it makes Baekhyun jump up a little because of his sudden shouting.

“What happen Yeol?..” ask Baekhyun again in confuse as Chanyeol suddenly hug him.

“I want to ask you something, since when you start feeling this stomach-ache, or some tightening feeling? Since when?..”

“Since I was doing some discussing about the branch café.. like 5 month ago..” said Baekhyun. His husband was asking the same thing like Kyungsoo did. What happen?

“5 month ago! Wow!”

“Honey, you freak me out.. why? What happen? Kyungsoo also reacted like this earlier..” said Baekhyun.

“Oh he really? Did he touch your stomach?..” ask Chanyeol smiling.

“Yeah, he did.. he massage my stomach.. and he asking something like what you just asked” said Baekhyun.

“I’m so calling Kyungsoo after this, he knew about this first than me, how dare he..” said Chanyeol as he quickly take his phone and went to the balcony to talk with Kyungsoo.

“They’re weird..” comment Baekhyun as he switch on the television.

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Baek, today after 3, clear your schedule okay?..” said Chanyeol eating his toast. They were currently having breakfast.

“Why? Where we’re going?..” ask Baekhyun.

“Hospital, I’m gonna get you check up and.. yeah, to check up..” said Chanyeol again smiling.

“Is it because of my stomach cramp? Wae Yeol-ah? Is it serious?..” ask Baekhyun again. He suddenly remembered about some terminal disease, some stomach cancer that will happen to him. He read about its last night, something related to stomach-ache. Is he gonna die?

“It is serious Baek, you need to get a check-up.. so clear your schedule okay, I’m gonna pick you up at the café..” said Chanyeol again smiling. Baekhyun just nodded at his taller husband.

__________________________________________________________________________________

At 3pm, as the promise Chanyeol come to pick his smaller husband up.

“Baek, your husband is here.. now go, have fun okay?..” said Kyungsoo smiling.

“I’m going to the hospital Kyung, what the fun in it?..” ask Baekhyun. But to be honest, he was a bit scared. What if he really has a cancer? Has some few month left to live, what about it?

“Don’t think too much Baek, it’s nothing serious..” said Kai as he notice the distress face on Baekhyun’s face.

“I hope so..” mumble Baekhyun.

__________________________________________________________________________________

But when they arrive at the parking lot, it was so much for Baekhyun to handle. The thought of having a cancer, and someday will leaving his husband sank deep in his mind. So, when his husband calling out for his name, he startles a bit, having a pale face and cold sweat on his forehead.

“Hey Baek, you’re okay? What’s wrong?..” ask Chanyeol softly looking at his smaller husband.

“I’m scared.. what if I have some serious disease? Am I gonna die?..” said Baekhyun sadly. He was currently sobbing.

Chanyeol smile softly at him, and hugging his smaller husband, patting his back.

“You’re not Baek.. it’s just a normal check up, okay? Believe me..” said Chanyeol again.

“Okay, I believe you, but if you lie to me, I’ll kill you okay?..” said Baekhyun suddenly.

“Okay, okay.. just chill okay, wipe your tears.. let’s go, I already set an appointment for you..”

__________________________________________________________________________________

When his name was being called, Baekhyun literally holding onto Chanyeol’s arm tightly. Chanyeol just chuckle at his husband cute attic.

After having some blood drawn, his pee was also being taken, they were being taken to the doctor’s room.

“Suho hyung? We’re meeting Suho hyung?..” ask Baekhyun as he notice the sign on the door stating Dr Kim Jun-Myeon.

Suho was his nick named when they’re in high school. Suho was actually their senior in high school, the head prefect also married to the famous actor Kris aka Wu Yifan, also their high school’s senior.

“So you will feel comfortable..” said Chanyeol.

Baekhyun just smile at the thought. If the doctor is Suho, then he can be comfortable.

Knock! Knock!

“Hi Baek, Chan.. how’re you both?..” said Suho as soon as he notice the both of them enter his room.

“We’re fine, hyung..” said Chanyeol smiling.

“Long time no see hyung..” said Baekhyun as he hugging the said man. It was true, it’s been a long time since he last met Suho hyung as he was busy for his another café branch.

“I see you happy there Baek..” said Suho. “How come you never contact me?..” said Suho again.

“I’m sorry hyung, I was a bit occupied with the new branch.. I was so busy..” said Baekhyun again feeling apologetic.

“And now you’re sick, just now to find me?.. but by the way, you’re not sick Baek..” said Suho as he winking at Chanyeol who looking at him.

“I’m not? Are you sure? But I..”

“I’m 100% sure.. come, I’ll show you something..” said Suho as he grabs Baekhyun’s hand.

“Lie down there..” ordered Suho.

With the help of his husband, Baekhyun lying down on the bed. Suho then rolled up his shirt until it settles on his chest while the waist band of his pants was being pulled down until above his pubic.

“This is a bit cold, just for a while okay..” said Suho as he take some probe and move it along the smaller’s stomach.

“His bump is smaller than someone that already this far along..” said Suho again looking at the screen.

“Yeah, it’s too small for my liking too..” comment Chanyeol also looking at the screen.

“Okay, now what’s going on?” ask Baekhyun being confused.

“Baek, my darling look here.. can you see it?..” ask Suho as he pointed towards the screen. Baekhyun look at the screen, just a black and white screen with some blob, that looks round with something like stick, what? What is that? Is that tumour? And it seems like the thing was moving when Suho hyung moving the probe on his stomach.

“Okay.. and what’s that?..” ask Baekhyun carefully. Scared to know the truth that it might be tumor, or cyst or whatever.

“You’re really clueless huh?..” chuckle Suho.

“What?..” ask Baekhyun again, looking at his taller husband for some answer.

“Baek, honey.. that.. is our baby! You’re pregnant babe..” said Chanyeol as he kiss his stunned husband, who’s still looking at the screen.

“Wh.. what? I.. I’m pregnant? Really?..” ask Baekhyun again as he look at his taller husband and the doctor’s face to find if they were messing up with him. But both of their face was beaming with smile.

“You’re.. and you’re already that far along, how can you not notice?..” said Suho again.

“You’re in 2nd trimester already Baek, you’re entering 5 month.. 18 weeks along! I’m surprised even I didn’t know that you were pregnant this whole time..” said Chanyeol with an amused face.

Baekhyun was being silent, trying to swallow the truth. He was pregnant all along. The idea of him being pregnant didn’t once crossed his mind, as he deem that this will happen in the future. He was also surprised to know that he was already this far along with his pregnancy, he didn’t have any morning sickness to begin with, just a weight gain and this tightening feeling that his stomach experienced whenever he does some strenuous activities.

“Yeol.. we’re having a baby..” state Baekhyun as he look at his taller husband. The feeling seems real now, and he feels happy knowing that he carries another living in his body. The fruit of their love.

“I know.. I know Baek.. you’re surprised right?..” ask Chanyeol hugging him.

“You said that you know, but you just want to confirm it here right?..” ask Suho.

“Oh, you knew?..” ask Baekhyun surprised.

“I knew.. since last night, when I massage your stomach, it feels harden, and when I call Kyungsoo, he also confirmed the same things..” said Chanyeol.

“Why you didn’t tell me sooner this morning?..” whine Baekhyun punching his husband chest lightly.

“Surprise babe..” answer Chanyeol.

“Okay, now the baby was confirm.. I want to talk about it, the baby was healthy, but.. smaller in size, you even didn’t look like someone pregnant Baek, also with your blood test, it shows some vitamins deficiency, and it honestly not good... but worry not, I will give the supplement and vitamins later that you need, also try to avoid stress, and not doing any strenuous activities until you give birth, I’ll be your doctor for the rest of the pregnancy, or if you want to change the doctor let me know okay?..”

“No, it must be you Suho hyung.. I’m more comfortable with you..” said Baekhyun quickly.

“Okay.. so congratulations was in order right? Congrats Baek, Yeol.. I can’t wait for your baby to be born.. ” nodded Suho.

“Thank you hyung..”

“I’ll write the prescriptions for you guys here, and the next check-up will be on the next week okay?..”

“Okay, we’ll wait outside..”

__________________________________________________________________________________

After getting the prescriptions and all the vitamin supplement from the pharmacies, and more congratulations wish from Suho hyung, the couple headed back to the car.

“I really can’t believe that our family will soon to be three, does its sound thrilling? I can’t wait for our baby to be born, are you excited too babe?..” ask Chanyeol while driving.

“I can’t believe too, I thought that I have some tumour, or some cancerous disease.. it didn’t even crosses my mind that I was pregnant.. so, when should we tell our family?” ask Baekhyun caressing his stomach dearly.

“What about this weekend? I bet they will be ecstatic..” said Chanyeol.

“Okay, if you say so.. and Yeol, can we go to the chicken place that sold the fire-cheese chicken that we eat last week? I kind of want to eat it..” said Baekhyun suddenly.

“Sure, anything for you my dear, so the craving was kicked in huh?..” tease Chanyeol.

“Is that called craving? I just suddenly want to eat that..”

“That’s craving baby, but it’s okay.. everything you need, I will give it to you..” said Chanyeol smiling.

“Thanks honey, I love you.. no, we love you..” said Baekhyun smiling shyly.

“I love you both..” answer Chanyeol.