TRAFFIC

CHANBAEK - LOVE.BEYOND

 

HONK! HONK!

“! It’s not moving..” curse Chanyeol as he hit the steering wheel.

“Yeol, language..” remind Baekhyun despite the pain that he’s having.

“I’m sorry.. but babe, the traffic.. why there’s must be traffic at this time?..” said Chanyeol again. Bead of sweat can be seen formed on his forehead, despite the aircon that the car blazing off. It was almost near midnight, but the traffic was so bad, and they were stuck in the middle of it.

His eyes then trailing to his small husband at the passenger seat. His small husband was clutching onto the door’s handle so tightly, and his other hands was holding his bulging belly. His chest was heaving up and down and he was currently blowing in and out of the pain.

“How’re you holding babe? I’m so sorry..” said Chanyeol apologetic as he try to hold the smaller’s hand.

“It’s okay.. I can still manage..” said Baekhyun shooting a small smile to his husband reassuring him.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Almost 15 minutes passed, and they were still did not moving. Chanyeol being impatient, keep on honking and panic starts to creep in him.

“Yeol..” Baekhyun whimpered in to him as another contraction striking him. He was currently holding Chanyeol’s lean arm as a support.

“Breathe Baek, breathe..” said Chanyeol as he try to calm down. He becomes panic will not solve the problem.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Another 5 minutes passed, and Baekhyun can’t hold it back anymore. His baby wants to come out now. He just knows it.

“Yeol.. I need to push, I can’t hold it anymore..”

“No.. no, Baek.. please hold on..”

Chanyeol then open his window and asked the passenger in the next car beside him.

“Hey! Do you know what happen at the front?..” ask Chanyeol.

“Oh, they said there’s a major accident up front.. I don’t know any details..” said the man.

“I need to get through, my husband in labor.. and we stuck here almost 20 minutes.. he’s not far now..” said Chanyeol again.

Hearing that, the man suddenly comes out from his car and approach Chanyeol.

“I can help, I’m Suho, a midwife doctor.. and there’s my husband, he’s a nurse, we’re currently on our way home, but we can help you..” said Suho as he point towards his husband who comes out from the driver seat.

“Ohh, thank God.. please..” said Chanyeol.

“Call me Lay.. can we see your husband?..” ask the other man.

“Yes, yes.. please..”said Chanyeol as he open his door.

Suho was actually at the passenger side, once Chanyeol open the door. He can see the distressed look at the labouring man.

“Don’t be scared, I’m Suho, a midwife doctor.. and there’s my husband Lay, he’s a nurse.. we can help you..” said Suho softly.

“I.. I think, I need to push..” said Baekhyun.

“I think we need you to move to the back seat, more comfortable and easier for us to tend to you..” said Lay accessing the situation. Chanyeol understanding the order, quickly but slowly moving his small husband to the back seat. He stays seat, and Baekhyun was laying on his chest while his legs were towards the door.

“Okay, so what’s your name giant?..” ask Suho.

“Me? I’m Chanyeol.. and he’s Baekhyun..” said Chanyeol holding his small husbands’s hand.

“Okay, Baekhyun.. I’ll remove your pants and underwear okay? Stay calm honey.. it’s gonna be okay, alright?..” said Suho as he looks towards the young couple.

“Did your water break?..” ask Suho.

“Yeah, at home.. he’s on labor since this evening..” answer Chanyeol as he remembered how his small husband calling him in frantic when his water broke.

“Your first time baby?..” ask Suho again.

“Yes..” said Baekhyun giving a small smile when the contraction ended. Suho smile at the answer.

Lay comes back to his husband, holding a large kit on his other hands. He already moving his car when the traffic move slowly, and situated it in front of Chanyeol’s car, didn’t forget to put on the emergency light.

“I’ll check you first okay? It may be a slight discomfort, but you need to breathe okay?..” said Suho wearing his glove, and starts parting Baekhyun’s thigh.

“Urhh.. ahh.. it hurts..” whimpered Baekhyun as soon as Suho’s finger prodded into him.

“Keep breathing Baekhyun.. keep breathing..” said Lay as he prepare the other necessities at the passenger seats for the baby comes.

“He’s ready, fully dilated.. you’re ready to push this baby Baekhyun, just take a deep breathe and push when the contraction comes okay?..” said Suho, and the smaller nodded at him.

“Chanyeol, hold his hands when he push.. try to give a slight push using your body to help him push okay?..” said Lay as he was ready beside his husband.

“I need to push..” said Baekhyun suddenly.

“Just push Baek..” and with that, Baekhyun starts to give a big push, he face was flushed using his all energy to push his baby out.

”.. harder.. harder, keep going, keep going.. and stop! Take a deep breathe before you continue..”

The small slither can be seen between Baekhyun’s leg.

“I can see his head already, and babe.. I need a light here..” said Suho to his husband. Lay push the torchlight further.

“Deep breathe, and push again Baek..”

“Urmmmmm….. is it out?..” ask Baekhyun after the heavy push.

“Almost, come on.. push harder, more, more, more.. okay, you’re crowning, don’t push.. don’t push, just pant honey, pant..” said Suho as he carefully manoeuvre the head over the tight skin around it.

“Arhhh! It hurts! It hurts!.. aww!..” whimpered Baekhyun as he automatically wants to close his leg from the immense pain.

“No! no.. keep the leg open, wide open honey.. babe, hold his leg..” instruct Suho to his husband.

Lay was currently holding the labouring man’s leg to make him open widely for the baby to come through.

“Baek, baby.. it’s okay baby, sshh.. it’s okay..” said Chanyeol as he kiss his husband’s forehead.

“Pant Baekhyun.. pant.. the head is coming through, take a deep breath.. I know it hurts, it’s okay.. okay, good.. good, just like that.. and.. now the head’s out.. deep breathe, just the shoulders.. it not be long now..” said Suho as he holding onto the small head between the legs.

“It’s not long now babe, just the shoulders okay.. and you’re done.. keep strong..” smile Chanyeol to his small husbands, placing another light kiss on his lips. Baekhyun smiles lightly at the kiss.

“Okay, you’re ready? Another hard push okay? Take a deep breathe.. and push!..” instruct Suho trying to tuck out the baby a little to help it comes out.

Taking a deep breathe, Baekhyun tuck his chin and strained harder. He can feel the baby moving out of him. “Aurghhhhh!..”

“Again, and push! Harder, harder, harder.. the hands out”

”.. and a little more.. okay, he’s out! He’s out! Take a deep breathe, ease down.. ease down.. a little boy, congrats!” said Suho as he put the crying baby on top of Baekhyun’s chest.

“Oh God! He’s here.. he’s out babe..” cry Baekhyun as he hug his little baby.

“I know.. I know, you’re amazing honey.. thank you so much..”said Chanyeol kissing his husband again on his lips.

“Here.. appa, want to cut the cord?..” ask Suho smiling at the new parents.

“Yeah, urmm.. where do I cut it..” ask Chanyeol as his hands nervously taking the scissors that Lay pass him.

“Here, between it.. good, and Baekhyun.. just light push, you need to push the after birth..” said Suho instructed the smaller for a light push while Lay for a while take the baby, wiping him with the wet tissue, and soon after the paramedic comes.

Baekhyun and the baby was soon being sent to the hospital for any check-up needed. Chanyeol gives his phone number to the couple who helps him, and they both promise to come visit Baekhyun and the baby soon.