ACCIDENT

CHANBAEK - LOVE.BEYOND

 

“Yeol, can we go to that old tteokbokki place that we visit last time, I kind of crave it..” said Baekhyun as he went to scroll the best tteokbokki place into the search engine into his phone.

“Ohh, which one? The one that in front of the bread store or in front of your favourite baby shop?..” ask Chanyeol as he looks at his husband.

They were on their way to Baekhyun’s family house at Bucheon, as Baekhyun’s brother was making a birthday party for his daughter.

“The one at the bread store, the ahjumma that calling me pretty last time we visit her.. remember?..” answer Baekhyun again as he rub his swollen belly. Yes, he was pregnant, reaching his 28 weeks this upcoming Monday.

“Oh, that ahjumma.. yeah, I do remember.. it’s you or our baby that craving it?..” ask Chanyeol smiling as he reach out his hands to rub the bulging belly. Their fruit of their love that’s growing healthily inside his husband.

“Peaches wants it.. not me..” said Baekhyun. Peaches, the name of their unborn baby. Baekhyun’s the one naming it, as he redeems that the baby deserves a name that was cute, soft, sweet and something he likes, so there he is, Peaches. Why must Peaches though? The baby can be Strawberry too, or Tteokbokki? Or Ice Cream? Chanyeol want to ask this though, but a glare that he received from his husband makes him shut off his mouth immediately. Peaches is fine then.

“Arasso, so Peaches want it.. I get it..” said Chanyeol teasing.

“Don’t tease me, it’s your fault that I’m hungry right now.. you know..” defense Baekhyun.

His husband was getting home late that evening because he was suddenly having a meeting that requires all the shareholder’s present. They were supposed to depart from their home at 6 pm, so they will arrive at his family house right on time before the birthday party starts, but they just depart from their house at 7.30 pm, and its makes Baekhyun become anxious because they will surely arrive late for the party.

Baekhyun mentally note to apologize to his brother once they arrive later.

“Babe, I’m sorry.. I already apologized to you.. I’m sorry okay.. I’ll buy you the tteokbokki.. I’ll buy the fritters and the kimbap also, or do you want sundae too? Doesn’t matter, I’ll buy it all for you..” said Chanyeol as his hands never leave to reach to his husband pretty hands, soothing him.

“Can I get strawberry ice cream too? They sold it too right? The store next to this tteokbokki place?..” said Baekhyun as he swallow his saliva remembering the fruity milky taste of that strawberry ice cream.

“Anything for you my love..” said Chanyeol as place a quick kiss on his husband cute nose.

“Yeol! Eyes on the road!..” squeak Baekhyun surprised. And Chanyeol just grinned at his flush husband.

__________________________________________________________________________________

They were currently stopping at the red light before the junction, and suddenly their car was being crashed from behind. The loud crash makes the pregnant jump shrieking loudly on his seat and his hands quickly cover his bump securely. His body double over from the impact.

Chanyeol being surprised, quickly use his hands to cover his husbands from getting bump to the front, as his other hands securely holding over to the steering wheel.

A second later, the crash subsides. Chanyeol quickly check over his husband. His husband was still double over hiding his head to the front and his hand securely hugging his bump. Luckily, they were wearing the car seat, and it safe them from any serious injury.

“Baekhyun.. baby, are you okay?..” ask Chanyeol as he turn over to his smaller husband. But Baekhyun didn’t answer him and just groaning in pain.

“Baek.. Baek.. honey, you’re okay? Are you hurt?..” ask Chanyeol panic as his husband didn’t say anything.

“Yeol.. Yeol, my tummy hurts.. Peaches.. hurts..” whimper Baekhyun, as he starts to cry. The shock from the crash, the anxiety from it, makes Baekhyun stressed.

“Oh God, hold on Baek.. I’m getting you out..” said Chanyeol as he quickly get out from his car seat, and went out.

Once he was out, he can see the current incident that happens, it was actually five cars getting crash together, including his car at the upper front total there were six cars involved.

“Sir, sir.. are you okay? Everyone getting out safely.. are you okay sir?..” ask the other man who’s seeing Chanyeol getting outside from his car.

“I.. I’m okay..” said Chanyeol. He was being stunned seeing the incidents happen before his eyes.

“Is there anyone in your car sir? Other than you..” ask the man again.

“Yes! Oh gosh! My husband! He’s hurt.. someone call an ambulance please..” shout Chanyeol as he quickly went to his husband’s side.

“Everyone! Help.. there’s someone injured!..” call the man. And there’s another three guys that ran over them to help.

Chanyeol open the passenger’s door, there his husband still double over because of the pain as he was crying.

“Baek.. oh gosh.. Baek, I’m gonna lean you over the seat okay? It’s okay, baby.. I’m here.. everything’s gonna be okay..” said Chanyeol soothing his husband.

“Yeol..” whimpered Baekhyun again.

“I’m here, I’m here baby.. it’s okay..” said Chanyeol as he try to be calm.

“Slowly, slowly man..” said the other man observing the situations.

“Have you called the ambulance?..” ask the other guy.

“Already have, will arrive soon..”

“Open his seatbelt, oh gosh.. is he pregnant?..”

“Yes, he is.. now, what should I do?..” ask Chanyeol panic.

“Get him out of there, be careful.. slowly..”

Chanyeol lift his husband bridal style and take him to the other side of the road. Baekhyun keep whimpering onto his chest. Chanyeol noticed the red marks on Baekhyun’s pants. His hands trembled upon the sight, he quickly cover Baekhyun’s lower body with his jacket.

“Yeol.. Yeol, Peaches.. Peaches.. hurts..” whimpered Baekhyun as he buried his head onto his husband’s chest.

“You’ll be fine.. it’s okay..” said Chanyeol. But at that times Baekhyun consciousness was slowly drifting away from him. The pain was slowly blinding him, covering his head as he tries to stay awake.

“Baek! Open your eyes, baby.. you’ll be fine, I promise.. just stay with me.. okay.. Baek.. baby..” Chanyeol was helplessly holding securely onto his smaller husband. He can’t cry. No.. I can’t cry. Please. Oh God.

“Yeol..”

That was the last word Chanyeol heard from his smaller husband, before he went limp into his embrace.

“No! No.. Baek.. please.. oh God..”

“The ambulance here! Move everyone!..”

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Chanyeol!..”

Chanyeol getting up from his seat as he sees Baekhyun’s family members running towards him.

“Yeol, honey.. are you okay son?..” ask Mrs Byun seeing her son-in-law in his distress form.

“I’m fine.. but Baek.. he’s inside.. he.. he was bleeding mom.. our son, Peaches.. I’m so sorry..” cried Chanyeol as he hugging his mother-in-law.

“It’s gonna be fine Chan.. he’s strong, he’s gonna be fine..” said Mr Byun rubbing Chanyeol’s back to calm him.

__________________________________________________________________________________

“He’s fine, but for now don’t get him too stressed out.. and the baby was okay too, he was in distressed condition the minutes he’s come here, that’s why your husband got the bleeding, but overall he’s fine, both of them.. but we want to continue monitor his condition for the next two days, your husband is currently sleeping right now, we will transfer him to the wards after this, now excuse me..” said the doctor calmly.

“Thank you doctor..” said Baekbeom, Baekhyun’s older brother bowing to the doctor.

“He’s fine Chanyeol, you can calm now.. both of them are fine..” said Mr Byun as he sit beside his son-in-law.

“I’m glad dad.. thank God” Chanyeol take out a deep sigh. He put his hands to his chest, still doesn’t believe that there were involve in a big accident that evening.

After a while, the door opens again, revealing a pale face Baekhyun on a bed, calmly sleeping getting wheel out. A blanket covering his swollen middle section up to his chest. 

“Byun Baekhyun’s husband and family can follow us to the wards..” said the nurse.

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Mom and dad will go back first, we will bring Baekhyun’s clothes and your clothes too tomorrow.. don’t worry about that, for now get a rest okay?..” said Mrs Byun.

“Yeol, here.. changes into this.. this is my clothes, go get a bath.. and sleep.. I’m sure Baekhyun wants you to freshen up yourself too, and then get a good rest okay? There’s nothing to be worry, my baby brother is strong you know.. so feel at ease a little okay?..” said Baekbeom smiling at the taller.

“Thanks mom, dad, hyung.. for coming here.. and hyung I’m sorry we didn’t come to the party, we already buy the present but I don’t know if the present is still in a good condition or not after the accident, our trunk was crash badly and the present was in there..”

“Hey, it’s okay.. I’m sure Haeun will not mind that, I’m more glad that you were safe and sound, and there’s no serious injury either.. send my regard to my baby brother, I hope he will recover soon..”

“I will hyung, and please tell Haeun, happy birthday and we’re sorry for not making it to her party..” said Chanyeol.

“Will do brother.. see you tomorrow..” said Baekbeom.

“Get a rest son, don’t worry too much okay..” said Mrs Byun hugging her son-in-law. She then went to Baekhyun, and kiss her son on his head caressing his cheek and rubbing the bump softly.

“Thanks mom, thanks dad for coming here..” said Chanyeol.

“It’s okay, see you tomorrow Chanyeol..” said Mr Byun as both of them exit the room.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning, Chanyeol awake by the sight of his husband munching over the sandwich. His husband’s face was still pale but he was eating happily. He smiles upon the sight, but the incident yesterday still deep in his mind. He slowly wakes up and approaching his husband.

“Baek, baby.. are you feeling okay?..” ask Chanyeol as he sit on the chair next to his husband’s bed. He took a quick kiss on his husband’s pale cheek.

“Yeol, you’re awake.. I’m fine, Peaches is fine too, it doesn’t hurt anymore.. the doctor come when you’re sleeping..” said Baekhyun smiling.

Chanyeol observe his husband’s face. There was no slight pain or hurt on his face despite his pale face, and he was currently eating. It was a good sight.

“What did the doctor said?..” ask Chanyeol back.

“He said I’m doing great, also he said that I was bleeding yesterday, I didn’t know.. I just feel so much pain, and I’m afraid of Peaches, I’m scared that he was hurt.. but turns out Peaches was actually feeling stressed and it cause the bleeding, and he said it just a minor bleeding.. so there’s nothing to.. hey Yeol, what happen? Why are you crying?.. God.. Yeol-ah..” said Baekhyun as he notice that his taller husband was crying. There was a fat tears streaming down his face.

“Why’re you crying huh? I’m safe.. it’s okay Yeol..” said Baekhyun as he turn to face his crying husband.

“No, it’s not okay.. I.. I was scared.. baby, I’m scared of losing you.. the way you cried.. the way you whimpered in pain.. I.. I.. I can’t protect you, and.. and Peaches too..” Chanyeol crying in his husband’s embrace.

“I.. I feel like a failure.. if only I back home early yesterday.. this wont happen right?.. I.. I feel worse, I cant protect you.. both of you..” add Chanyeol again crying.

“Chanyeol, Chanyeol.. sshh, it’s okay honey, it was an accident.. nothing of this happen because of you okay? No need to blame yourself.. I’m safe, we both safe.. we’re here Yeol, here feel this.. Peaches still inside me.. your son is safe here, and I’m here too, it’s okay honey..it’s okay.. don’t cry” said Baekhyun softly soothing his husband. 

His heart tugged when Chanyeol blaming himself. He was traumatized by yesterday incident. As much as Baekhyun was also still traumatized by the accident, he knows Chanyeol must feel worse too. Having to witness everything happen before his eyes, surely his taller husband would blame himself.

“Now, don’t cry anymore.. you look ugly honey..” chuckle Baekhyun as he wipe his husband’s tears.

“Where is my tough manly husband? The one who said that I will not cry whatever happen in my life, where is he?..” tease Baekhyun as he pinch his husband’s cheek lightly trying to make the mood lighter again. Chanyeol with eyes full of tears chuckle slightly at his smaller husband.

“You’re forever my mood maker baby, how can you make a joke when you’re the one on hospital’s bed? I won’t cry anymore, now, give me a kiss baby, I didn’t get a kiss this morning yet..” said Chanyeol smiling.

Baekhyun kiss him on his lips.

“Don’t cry anymore okay? I don’t like it.. if you cry again, I will post your ugly crying on SNS, or I will give it to Yoora noona, let everyone know that my giant manly husband was so so ugly when he’s crying..” said Baekhyun laughing a little.

“You’re mean baby, but it’s okay.. I love you, and you too baby..” said Chanyeol as he put a kiss on the clothes bump.

__________________________________________________________________________________

At around 10 am, Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s family come visiting them. Chanyeol’s mom come hurriedly and went beside Baekhyun.

“Are you okay honey? Are you injured? In pain?.. what about Peaches? Is he okay?” Mrs park inspected his son-in-law’s body and her face clearly shows that she was in panic.

“Mom, mom.. I’m okay, it’s fine.. there’s nothing serious though..” said Baekhyun as he make his mother-in-law sit beside him.

“You’re sure? Your face is so pale honey.. are you sure you’re not in pain?..” ask Mrs Park looking at the pregnant.

“I’m not in pain either.. it’s fine, I’m okay though.. the doctor said I can get discharged tomorrow..” said Baekhyun smiling at her.

“I’m glad, you’re making me worried.. I got a call from your mom saying that you got hospitalized because of an accident, and I notice on this morning news that the accident was in there, there’s someone recording the accident.. you know my heart honey, my heart was dropped down to the floor hearing that.. but I’m glad you’re fine..” said Mrs Park again.

“Mom, you’re over react.. also, I’m your son too.. how come you didn’t ask about my conditions?..” said Chanyeol as he organized Baekhyun’s clothes into the bag.

“Honey, have you eat? What do you want to eat? Mom will buy it for you..” Mrs Park was totally ignoring his son and got a laugh from everyone in the room.

“You’re so mean mom..” said Chanyeol as he make a crying face towards his husband. Baekhyun laugh at that.

“Son, are you okay? Like really okay.. I mean..” ask Mr Park eyeing his son.

“I’m fine dad..a bit shocked though, but still need to act tough right?..” smile Chanyeol to his dad.

“You’re right, have you call the insurance company? About your car?..” ask Mr Park.

“Already done dad, but Mr Kim will be the one managing it, I just want to focus on Baekhyun’s recovery.. also about the company, I will..”

“No need to worry about the company, I will handle it.. just focus on your husband’s health, he’s in 7 month right?”

“28 weeks, yeah reaching his 7 month..” answer Chanyeol nodded at his dad.

“Just take a leave until Baekhyun’s giving birth, work from home if there’s something urgent you need to do..” said Mr Park.

“Are.. are you sure? Dad?..” ask Chanyeol again.

“I’m sure, no need to worry.. okay son?..” said Mr Park again caressing his son’s back.

Chanyeol mentally cheered as he got an early leave from his dad. He smiles widely thinking that he can spend time with his pregnant husband alone.

“What are you happy about? Why?..” ask Baekhyun as he spot his husband didn’t stop grinning folding his clothes inside the bag.

“I’ll told you later okay, oh and Baek.. here, Haeun’s present.. remember?..” said Chanyeol as he put the crumple bag on his pregnant husband’s lap.

“Oh.. yeah, we suppose to.. hyung!..” shout Baekhyun to his older brother.

Baekbeom was surprised when Baekhyun shout at him.

“What?..” ask Baekbeom walking towards his baby brother.

“Here.. this is actually Haeun’s present, oh gosh, I feel so bad.. did the party doing okay? Is she okay? I forgot to say happy birthday to her..” said Baekhyun as he give the crumple bag to his hyung.

“Baek.. it’s okay, I already explain it to her, she’s a big girl.. and she understand when I said that her favourite uncles can’t come to her party, oh and she wish for you to have a fast recovery..” said Baekbeom smiling remembering himself explaining the situation to his 8 year old daughter.

“She’s 8 years old hyung, she will forever be my little baby niece.. oh I feel bad for her, also this present, it crumple so badly, I hope she doesn’t mind,,” said Baekhyun sadly as he eyeing the crumple gift bag that he give to his hyung.

“She’s a big girl now, she will understand.. also you have this baby inside you.. don’t baby-ing my daughter too much, she will get spoiled, you too Chanyeol.. you both spoil her too much..” said Baekbeom as he look at Chanyeol too.

It was true, since Haeun was born, his baby brother and Chanyeol always showered him with too much present, be it from designer clothes until Chanyeol bought a kid-life-size Porsche’s car for his daughter. Uhh, this rich brat! But who is he to stop Chanyeol and his baby brother to spoil his daughter, even his wife said to him to just let them be.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol was the sweetheart of their school, everyone knows about their relationship. And it’s been almost 12 years since they first met together from middle school, and 2 years before now, Chanyeol has a courage to propose to his baby brother.

“I’m not spoiling her..” defense Chanyeol.

“Yeah, you do.. you both do, now focus on this little one please..” said Baekbeom as he put his palm on his brother’s clothed bump.

“Don’t worry hyung, for this one.. I can even pick the star for him..” said Chanyeol as he lean over to kiss the bump.

“So dramatic..” comment Baekhyun as he join Chanyeol’s hand on his bump. His brother just chuckle lightly at them.