Chapter 3: I Will Protect You. (Nikki X Mackenzie)

Together Forever (Nikki X Mackenzie)

I stare at my girlfriend, Mackenzie, in awe. Her beautiful, blue eyes look as if they are radiating their own light. She smiles, and for the briefest of moments, time stops and I am completely lost in hers.
"Hey, sweetie." she says. I cannot help but blush.
I lean in and give her a quick kiss.

I lean in for another kiss. Mackenzie pulls me in tight to her body and wraps her arms around my neck. I hold her with my arms and kiss her back as passionatly as I can before she pulls away and hugs me as tight as she can.
"I love you." she whispers in my ear. A shiver goes down my spine. I wrap my arms around her, hug her tight and say two words that I never thought I would be able to say.
"I love you too.".

Mackenzie takes me by the hand and guides me over to the bed, laying down on her back. I take my place next to her, facing her. We stare into each other's eyes. She smiles, and I feel like I am floating on a cloud. She reaches over, placing her hand on my cheek. I blush.
"I love you." she whispers.
"I love you too." I whisper back.

The doorbell rings again. I let go of Mackenzie's hand and go answer the door. When I pull the door open, I see my best friend Chloe standing there.
"Hey, girl." she says.
"Hey, Chlo-Bean!" I say, hugging her.
"I'm here to bring you to our movie night." she says, hugging me back. I break off and invite her in.

As soon as I do, the three of us rush down to my basement where I have my TV set up. We all sit down, turning on my PlayStation 3 and loading up our favorite game. We play for an hour or two, making fun of each other and having a good time. Eventually, however, Chloe has to get home. She leaves, saying "I'll see you tomorrow."
Mackenzie and I spend the rest of the night playing our game, having fun together. By the time the clock strikes midnight, we are fast asleep in each other's arms.

I wake up the next morning. Mackenzie is still asleep, and I stare at her in awe for a minute. I give her an affectionate kiss on the top of her head, and she makes a happy little sound as she cuddles up next to me. We both fall back asleep, cuddling and dreaming of a bright future together.

Mackenzie woke up first the next day. She stared at Nikki, who was still sleeping, and smiled. She leaned down and gave her her morning kiss, and her girlfriend opened her eye.
"Good morning, sweetheart." she said, kissing Mackenzie back.
"Good morning, doll." Mackenzie says back. The two kiss. Mackenzie sits up.

"Nikki, what would you do if I get hurt?" 

Nikki smirks.

"You will neverger get hurt." she says, "Because I will protect you."