Chapter One: Mackenzie's Confession (Nikki X Mackenzie)

Together Forever (Nikki X Mackenzie)

It was a normal Friday afternoon, and I, (Nikki Maxwell, age 14), was walking into the cafeteria for lunch to hang out with my best friend, (Mackenzie Hollister, age 14). Today was our usual routine and we usually do this every day. Me and Mackenzie were having our usual lunchtime conversations. We were talking about all of our favorite animes and favorite anime characters… suddenly, out of the blue, Mackenzie dropped the question that she had been planning to ask me for years…

“Nikki…”, she said, in a low, but sweet voice, “do you, um, wanna be my girlfriend?”

My voice trembles with emotion as I say the words, “Yes, I would absolutely love to be your girlfriend, Mackenzie!” I lean in closer, our noses brushing against each other’s. I can only hope that she feels the same way about me as I do about-

“YES”, she says in an excited voice. “YES! I LOVE how you make me feel! You make me so happy! I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to be your girlfriend too!”

My heart explodes with joy. I can only hope that she feels the same way about me as I do about her…

It was a BEAUTIFUL moment. Mackenzie and I held up a sign and proudly yelled, “WE ARE DATING!!!”

Me and Mackenzie smile at each other. We both know that it’s going to be a long, and possibly bumpy road ahead, but we know that the journey will be worth it. All that’s left to do right now is celebrate. I think I should call Zoey & Chloe and let them know that we just made history today…