(Adorably) Jealous

Moon & Sunrise: Fluffy Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byulyi watched intently as her only daughter ran around to pick up her stuff before she was too late for work. She silently wheeled herself to avoid getting in the way of the panicking young woman who seemed to be unable to find everything she needed. 

- Oh my god! Mom, you scared me!

Wheein held her chest and did multiple short breaths when she turned around and found her mother right behind her, unusually brooding and grumpy. 

- Is this what you're looking for, young lady?

The daughter sighed in relief to see her phone in her lap, which she probably left at the dining table after breakfast. Despite the expression, Byulyi's voice was warm and gentle, so her sour mood was likely not related to her. 

- Yes it is, thank you. Be sure to call me, Hyejin or mommy if anything happens, okay?

At this, her smile faded and Byulyi sighed in melancholy. 

- Where's your mom?

- Mommy is probably at work right now. She told us there's a reconciliation case that needs to have her involved, so that's probably why she left home so early this morning. 

The old woman definitely wasn't happy at the fact that she couldn't keep her by her side 24/7.

- I want my Yong. - She whined exasperatedly. - I tried to call her multiple times already but it never connected.

Wheein squinted her eyes. - Show me how you call mommy.

The mother fished out her phone from the black pocket attached to the wheelchair and trembly pressed the numbers.

- You keep pressing on the "Cancel" button instead of "Call", no wonder it never connects your calls. - The daughter quickly explained, holding her mother's hand to guide her to the correct button. - I thought you already had a pair of glasses.

- I don't think I need it unless it's to see your mother. - The older woman shrugged.

Wheein could only roll her eyes. - You're even grosser than before! I'm late, bye mom! 

The door shut, and Byulyi was alone in their house. She went towards the window and leaned her head on the window sill, hoping that her wife would soon come back home. 

Sure enough, the commotion from the doorway let the wheelchair-bound woman know the love of her life was back. She frowned, however, to hear an unfamiliar voice of a man conversing with her. Turning around, she again watched in silence as both of them went past the living room towards the dining area, her wife inviting the man to sit down and offer him a glass of water. 

- I know you're hesitant to talk about your situation publicly, that's why I offered to take you home so that we can discuss the matter in depth. - Yongsun patiently explained and eyed her partner. - We're basically alone minus my wife, so I will need to you to tell me anything and everything you know or do so that I can help you reconcile with your wife. From what I heard, news' been travelling around about your affair with a woman named Daisy down the road. 

- I'm innocent! You have to believe me instead of those nonsensical rumors. I don't even know anyone named Daisy. - The client exclaimed, to which the lawyer only raised an eyebrow.

- Is it really so? 'Cause your wife sent our local law firm an allegation letter stating that in the past week, you've said her name in your sleep 4 times. 

- I- That's... - He stammered, but then quickly answered. - The daisy flower! That's right, her favorite flower is daisy and her birthday is coming up so I'm thinking of ideas to customize a daisy bouquet... Yeah, that must be it.

He slightly smirked, probably in satisfaction to be able to give out such a touching story.

- Well, it kinda doesn't help that your wife must have envisioned your response because she noted at the bottom that her favorite flowers are dandelion and jasmine, which is totally not daisy at all. - Yongsun calmly scanned the letter and said. - In addition, she said you actually said "Ms. Daisy" in your sleep.

- It's "daisy".

- "Ms. Daisy".

- "Daisy". 

- "Ms. Daisy".

Byulyi watched the conversation with great amusement. The man, certainly in the same age range as her and her wife, albeit a little younger, was clearly struggling to hide how suspicious he was acting. She chuckled; who would bother having an affair at this age? Not her, at least; not when she had a wife who still looked so hot and gorgeous in comfortable black khakis and a long-sleeve white shirt with her shoulder-length hair let loose in her 60s. 

To her, though, he was thinking the same thing, judging the way he ogled at her wife's waist as she was standing while talking to him. She held herself; "I'm not going to interrupt her work like last times." She tried to regulate herself with deep breaths, clutching to the stuffed hamster that never left her side ever since Yongsun gave it to her as a gift.

Her frown only deepened as more accusations against this man were mentioned. He had the audacity to justify his violence towards his wife due to "being hot-tempered" and was stubborn to claim his innocence without evidence until, after much persuasion from the lawyer (again, a very hot move from Yongsun), it finally knocked in his heads how severe the consequence of his actions could be and he dropped to his knee, holding her hands begging her to help him reconcile and make up with his life partner.

Smoke could almost be seen coming out of Byulyi's nose and ears. She wasn't going to let any stranger touch her wife, let alone such a troublesome person. 

She reached for her phone and dialed her number.

Yongsun was thankful to whoever decided to call her right now, a perfect excuse to get rid of such a hard grip. The gratitude turned into confusion, though, when she saw the ID caller and looked at her wife sitting across the area. 

- I'm literally across the room, why do you have to call me? - The lawyer chuckled as her life partner held her tightly.

- He is getting too close to you. He even touched you. - Byulyi murmured against her shirt. - I hate that. No one could touch you but me. 

- Oh darling... - She could only sigh. She was already used to Byulyi's possessiveness; after all, it was this trait that had her hooked on the younger woman. - Byul-ah, he's married and just asking me to help him with his family matter, you heard it too, right?

- I don't care. - She pouted, and Yongsun sighed again.

- Did you drink your milk today? - to which Byulyi shook her head. - Wasn't Wheein supposed to make you one?

- She offered to make me one, but I don't want to. - Byulyi whined and lightly squirmed. 

- How about Hyejin

- She also did, but I don't want to.

- Why?

- I only want to drink the milk that you make.

- I- - Yongsun was rendered speechless. Then, she let out a soft chuckle as she hugged her wife's head. - You're supposed to let the kids help me take care of you. I have lots of work to do and they love you too, you know?

- I love you most.

The genuine answer (though a little out of topic) made the lawyer blush. In defeat, she apologized to the man and went to the kitchen area to make her wife a glass of milk because- come on, how could you not give your love everything when she also offers you her endless devotion?

- Excuse me, Mr. Park, she could be such a kid sometimes. - Yongsun shot an apologetic look towards her client.

- But I'm your kid. 

- Please stop.

As the older woman went out of their sight, Byulyi glared at the man awkwardly sitting at their table. She slowly wheeled herself towards him. Mr. Park, aware that this was his lawyer's wife, bowed respectfully. - Noonim.

- Yo. - She looked at him from head to toe. - How old are you?

When he was about to speak, she immediately swatted her hand. - Doesn't matter, I'm not interested. 

-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter