Late Valentine's celebration

Moon & Sunrise: Fluffy Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're going to turn me down again, right?"

If the question alone didn't punch her in the gut, the discreet sigh Yongsun managed to catch on the other end of the line surely did the job. 

"Byul... you know why I can't eat out with you."

"You're on a diet, of course. I just cannot understand why you feel the need to do that."

"Aren't you dieting too?"

"Yes, but at least I don't limit my portion to a minimal packed lunch box."

Yongsun bit her lip. If Byulyi sounded more bitter than either of them would have liked, she didn't comment on it. She had the right to.

As the comeback preparation sped up and the day she returned to the stage as a Kpop artist was getting more real for her, Yongsun found herself facing an irrational fear that she just couldn't completely get rid of when thinking about public scrutiny. There was always a voice somewhere inside her mind, mimicking and distorting her beloved Moomoos' voice taunting her appearance, nitpicking on the tiniest bit of extra flesh on the waist that normally she wouldn't bat an eye to. She was a strong-willed woman, but it didn't mean she was immune to every societal stereotype weighing on women's shoulders since the dawn of time.

Another sigh.

"I don't want to force you to do anything, Yong. If you want to diet, it's up to you, as long as you do it for health reasons and in a healthy way," The younger woman's voice went softer, as vulnerable as her mental state right now. "It's just... it's been hectic for both of us, you know?"

We haven't met for a while.

I miss you.

The implied meanings stung her eyes. Gosh, if only she knew how badly she needed her presence by her side at this moment.

"I know..." The musical actress replied instead, clearing to hide her tear-laced voice. "Just a few days more and I will make it up to you, okay?"

"... Okay." 

Byulyi's voice cracked, and she was so close to giving up this stupid diet- no, it would just be until when she finished the MV recording and she could finally relax. But her reluctant acceptance broke her heart nonetheless. Byulyi understood - her Byulyi would always understand - and- gosh, how could she have deserved this woman?

*

Yongsun paced back and forth, totally not expecting a certain someone at all. The musical was going to start soon and why has this punk not arrived yet-

"YOOOONG!"

She flinched and sharply turned toward the door. A covered up Byulyi was jumping up and down in excitement, accompanied by two familiar men holding a handful of flowers and gifts. Yongsun pointed at the phone she was holding up to record, and she nodded knowingly; but of course, it couldn't stop her from giggling and swatting her hands around like a baby while running to her and chanting her name.

Despite already knowing about Byulyi coming beforehand, the actress couldn't help but feel touched when her person made time to support her amidst the busy preparation. She stopped the recording when she got close enough and opened her hand to embrace the coming storm - and a storm it was as Byulyi crashed into her arms and gave her a tight hug as if wanting to transfer every ounce of longing, pride, and other emotions onto the petite woman. 

And Yongsun willingly took them all into her heart. 

"I'm so glad you came," She whispered into her ears, wrapping her hands around her just a little tighter.

"It's my honor, Yong," came the muffled reply, but she heard it loud and clear. Another wave of immense gratefulness swept through her; what a pity she couldn't afford to ruin her makeup at the moment.

The two regretfully pulled away, mindful of the couple patiently waiting for them. Woomo and Jungmo shook their head as they approached them.

"Ya Byul-ah, why did you make us hold everything for you and just run away empty-handed?" Jungmo teasingly called Byulyi out, who was only by now aware of her rather messy appearance and was crouching down to fix her shoes.

"What else could it be? Someone missed her other half so much she even forgot to tie her shoelaces, let alone the gifts and all," Woomo continued, making the rapper duck her head lower in embarrassment. 

"Stop teasing me," Byulyi mumbled while fumbling with the shoelaces.

"Aigoo, is Moonbyul-ssi finally tasting her own medicine?" Yongsun chuckled when her girlfriend whined again, but nonetheless stepped up and distracted the hairstylists. 

The four had their pictures taken together, then the gay couple took some with Yongsun, and finally it was Byulyi's turn. She walked up to her almost on autopilot; the gift box was heavy, but not heavy enough to pull her from the trance that was the love of her life or ground her in the fact

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter