A rainy afternoon

Moon & Sunrise: Fluffy Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun hated rain.

More precisely, she hated it when she had to go outside and was basically given a free shower by Mother Nature no matter how thick her raincoat was or how strong her umbrella could be. That was something she couldn't bring to like about her hometown, Seoul, or anywhere that fit the description. The rain made everything gloomy, thus bringing down her mood along the way too.

She didn't mind watching it from inside the comfort of her home that much, though. Especially when the window was left slightly open and she could smell the distinct scent of soil soaked in rainwater, hear the drops splashing against the streets some floors below her, and indulge in a random trip down memory lane, the happier part of her childhood where rain was more associated with having fun and playing with mud in the flower garden than with unpleasant encounters and tragedies happening when she got older. 

Yongsun looked up for a moment, her eyes trailing the path of a single raindrop on the window glass as it travelled downwards, regulating her breaths with the soothing white noise, before continuing her adventure in the novel she bought from the bookstore some days earlier. Too immersed, she didn't realize the presence of another person before the egg chair's padding dipped and the familiar scent of Creed's Aventus filled her nostril. 

Byulyi pouted when her wife didn't acknowledge her with more than a smile.

- Yongggg, - She whined. - Am I not worth a hello?

- Shhh, - Yongsun just shrugged and warned. - This part is getting intense. 

Involuntarily, the younger woman could only zip and sighed discreetly. In other cases, just sitting there and admiring her beauty was enough for her, but after some time, she got curious about the content of the book Yongsun was reading. So she put down her phone, scooted closer to the older woman, and placed her head on her shoulder. Byulyi's hand subconsciously placed on Yongsun's thigh, and she smiled when her lover reached out to hold her hand.

Byulyi tried to skim through the pages quickly, but oh how fast a reader Yongsun was. The latter was ready to turn to another page when she felt a light tap.

- Yes? - She looked over her shoulder questioningly. 

- Can you stay on that page for another 30 seconds, I just need to finish this paragraph. - The younger woman squinted her eyes to scan the rest of the page, then smiled and scratched her neck. - Yeah, we're good. Sorry,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter